All about Paige Bueckers Vol 2 | The Boneyard

All about Paige Bueckers Vol 2

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
So I’m now wondering what the record is for greatest number of BY posts for a UConn WBB recruit prior to her first game? Whatever it is, Paige will certainly make a run at it.

Reaction Score
I never tire of watching her play but look forward to some full games where her defense is visible. That's the only area where Geno may be able to get under her skin. ;)
Hopkins had a really good team last year. This year they will be better. Nnagi (6'4) is a sophomore and is #8 on ESPN's 2022 list and I believe Woodson? who was a major contributor as an 8th grader last year. It's too bad that Minn doesn't let their teams play out of state.

Reaction Score
I'm really excited about Paige. Watching her is similar to watching the Divine Sabrina: dashing, daring, daunting. In my mind, Ms. B. is the next great Husky. Can't wait.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I see the last chapter has yet to be written. ;)

Reaction Score
I'm really excited about Paige. Watching her is similar to watching the Divine Sabrina: dashing, daring, daunting. In my mind, Ms. B. is the next great Husky. Can't wait.

When I see clips of her playing I'm reminded of DT. Talented, confident, doing what it takes to involve her teammates and win. And a little bit of "I know I'm better than you."

Reaction Score
When I see clips of her playing I'm reminded of DT. Talented, confident, doing what it takes to involve her teammates and win. And a little bit of "I know I'm better than you."

When a player can back up that attitude on the court it get transmitted to her team mates and becomes "we know we are better than you". IMO that is the most important thing a transcendent player brings on the court. No doubts. Most players, even elite players, have doubts. Playing next to someone who has no doubts can lessen everyone elses'.

Reaction Score
Watched a few of her games on Youtube. Very smooth and excels at ball handling. One of the first things I look at is their interaction with teammates both on and off the court and she is a five star in both.

Reaction Score
There are a slew of videos showing Buecker's skills with the ball in her hands. I came up with one that is about her defense. This is her 6 steals in a game last season. Notice her anticipation. She's more than a scoring and assist machine. And for those who crave offense there's a nifty pass off a steal.

(You have to sit through a short ad.)

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
will she come in like Maya... or like Megan?

Reaction Score
My guess would be Maya! It is my opinion that Paige will be a very special player from day one!

Maya, DT & Stewart were all different players who shared elite talent and mental toughness. Bueckers comes in with that sort of talent and the same toughness. What she does with those gifts is yet to be seen.

But IMO she will always be compared to DT mostly because they play the same position.

Reaction Score
Hopkins plays their first game on Sat, 11-23. No stream that I can find.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom