2022 Recruiting: - Alex Karaban Unoffical Visit (Again) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Alex Karaban Unoffical Visit (Again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Every time I see a new post in here I click as fast as possible hoping its people reacting to a Matrim wink.
You beat me to it. I’m getting greedy though. Now, I want the Matrim full smile emoji. I jumped on the @Ricker train a while ago with Karaban. Everything about his game is natural, under control, quietly confident. I can also see him doing damage in both a half court offense and on the break.

Reaction Score
If he has an official slot available, he has to visit Chapel Hill. I would, but then I’d leave and commit to the Huskies!

Reaction Score
That was supposed to be Clingans timeline too but that obviously didn’t work for Hurley
I’d be surprised at this point if he actually makes a list, I’ll say that. We already know who the teams are. I think we see a commitment on the shorter end of that timeline.

Reaction Score
From his IG about Donovan
6382AB96-D60B-4580-98FC-ECE01108D495.jpeg

Reaction Score
The article on 247 said:

UConn: “The visit went really well. It was my second time visiting up there and the coaching staff is unbelievable. The campus feels awesome and how well we clicked was perfect. Our relationship has been progressing extremely rapid where we've been clicking really well. It’s great for them to realize how hard I work and that my mentality towards basketball is very similar to their mentality is a perfect match.”

Of the 3 teams he discussed UConn clearly was shown the most love, let's hope it stays that way.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
The article on 247 said:

UConn: “The visit went really well. It was my second time visiting up there and the coaching staff is unbelievable. The campus feels awesome and how well we clicked was perfect. Our relationship has been progressing extremely rapid where we've been clicking really well. It’s great for them to realize how hard I work and that my mentality towards basketball is very similar to their mentality is a perfect match.”

Of the 3 teams he discussed UConn clearly was shown the most love, let's hope it stays that way.

I don’t recall ever seeing a recruit be that overwhelmingly positive after a visit. “Awesome.” “Perfect” and “Clicked” twice.

His comments about NU and PSU contained the usual platitudes, OTOH.

Reaction Score
The article on 247 said:

If one of us were to have answered these questions posing as karaban we might not have been able to make it sound more like he wants to commit here.

Reaction Score
While I hope that is true (and it's the first thing that crossed my mind) these are 17 year old kids answering reporter's questions extemporaneously. I somehow don't think this is any type of subliminal clue.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
DC may not be the instant impact player he’s billed as offensively. He lacks a little athleticism and coordination. He needs plyo work and strength to mitigate weaknesses. Can’t teach 7’2 though. Alex would be an instant impact guy offensively because he can shoot. He would get time at combo forward immediately just to help Hawk, Sool, CJ and AJ with spacing. After Alex(fingers crossed) I think we really need another guard who can get buckets on his own.

Reaction Score
DC may not be the instant impact player he’s billed as offensively. He lacks a little athleticism and coordination. He needs plyo work and strength to mitigate weaknesses. Can’t teach 7’2 though. Alex would be an instant impact guy offensively because he can shoot. He would get time at combo forward immediately just to help Hawk, Sool, CJ and AJ with spacing. After Alex(fingers crossed) I think we really need another guard who can get buckets on his own.
Want KARABAN BAD! Need to wrap him up b4 other more attractive schools get involved. Except for us his other schools clearly seem less attractive for him on multiple levels. Major powers sleeping on this kid, maybe have made him choice b, UConn has made him a priority.
UCONN the most local choice and don't think it was a coincidence that he took a 2ND visit the same weekend Donovan visits and commits.
I am officially putting in my crystal ball prediction for a UConn commit from him this month.

Reaction Score
Hearing we are in good shape
This quote makes me pause a bit.....“I'm still open to the high high majors like Michigan, UNC, and Duke but as of now I have a pretty good idea on which schools want me and which schools don't,” he said.

Taking into account his very positive feedback about UConn and the above quote....my casual fan interpretation is that it's UConn unless one of those 3 start showing him lots of love soon.

Reaction Score
This quote has me pause a bit.....“I'm still open to the high high majors like Michigan, UNC, and Duke but as of now I have a pretty good idea on which schools want me and which schools don't,” he said.

I interpret that as it's UConn unless one of those 3 start showing him lots of love soon.

Always a chance

Reaction Score
This quote has me pause a bit.....“I'm still open to the high high majors like Michigan, UNC, and Duke but as of now I have a pretty good idea on which schools want me and which schools don't,” he said.

Taking into account his very positive feedback about UConn and the above quote....my casual fan interpretation is it's UConn unless one of those 3 start showing him lots of love soon.
No, it's UConn.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
This quote makes me pause a bit.....“I'm still open to the high high majors like Michigan, UNC, and Duke but as of now I have a pretty good idea on which schools want me and which schools don't,” he said.

Taking into account his very positive feedback about UConn and the above quote....my casual fan interpretation is that it's UConn unless one of those 3 start showing him lots of love soon.
Really strange to see Michigan thought of as a “high, high major.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01