Alex Karaban Debating on Reclassifying and Joining the Team in the Winter | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Alex Karaban Debating on Reclassifying and Joining the Team in the Winter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So let me get this straight, he gets to work out and practice with the team if he does this?
Yes. He would do all of that he just wouldn’t play in games and would redshirt for the remainder of the season. It would give him a ton of extra time to get used to the style of practice and taking classes at UConn.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Since it seems relevant to the thread. Can someone talk me into our strength coach? I'm really not blown away by the change in anyone's bodies like I was constantly with Mike. Our freshmen all look like they're still seniors in high school, save for Corey, who was already jacked.
Strength + flexibility > bulk muscle. We need to be strong, but we also need to avoid injury. Just look at the Yankees. Those guys are all muscle heads and they get injured all the time with head scratching muscle pulls.

Reaction Score
Would his scholarship still count against that class or would that mean we have another schollie to add for that year ?

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Its all about the chicks. Amirite?!!!;)
It's a big decision!

119069938_3502876059772896_216524985546458311_n.jpg

Reaction Score
Would his scholarship still count against that class or would that mean we have another schollie to add for that year ?
He would count against this year (we have one or two open scholarships) and any year in which he is on the roster. So effectively it would not impact the scholarship situation.

Reaction Score
I attended IMG Academy, he can’t compete for a state title because IMG isn’t allowed in the Florida high school playoffs. Kids in that sports-only school come and go constantly.

I could see him wanting to come early
Yes, he must not like it there - seems almost like a military school, but for sports - definitely not for everyone.

Reaction Score
I honestly didn’t know those little details either

These prep schools are so different from our traditional high schools, it seems
And IMG is really different from most Prep schools - especially the prep schools around here

Reaction Score
Wish this was DC coming in mid year. Although I completely respect and understand his reason for prob wanting to stay in Hs
I agree. If we're being honest, Clingan would benefit a lot more than Karaban by enrolling early. IMG is one of the best non-universities for a player to improve and grow.

Clingan, on the other hand, has been playing against relatively weak competition all throughout HS. His college freshman season will probably be tougher for him than for most. Would love for him to enroll early

Reaction Score
I guess this is fine if he doesn‘t play. One of our biggest challenges is too many players at his position and not enough minutes. Next year Martin and Polley will be gone. We don’t need a kid with no experience actually playing at the key mom of the season.

There is no such thing as scholarships counting against a class. You can have all 13 of your scholarships be in the same class if you want.

If he comes for the second semester, we will have 12 scholarships that count. Come the 22-23 season, he would count as one scholarship player regardless of whether he starts this winter or next fall.

Reaction Score
There is no such thing as scholarships counting against a class. You can have all 13 of your scholarships be in the same class if you want.

If he comes for the second semester, we will have 12 scholarships that count. Come the 22-23 season, he would count as one scholarship player regardless of whether he starts this winter or next fall.
But 4 years eligibility right?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
But 4 years eligibility right?

Yeah so the downside would be if he got hurt he would likely not be able to make that season up.

Reaction Score
Yeah so the downside would be if he got hurt he would likely not be able to make that season up.
Medical redshirts are always separate for basketball, so he'd still be eligible to apply if he had a season ending injury. The only redshirt he'd miss out on would be the kind Corey Floyd Jr is taking this year with a non-injury season, which he really shouldn't need anyway

Reaction Score
IMG would get thrown out of CT. They play my local championship high school Venice and one year they're offensive line was all over 300 lb outweighing Bob diaco's offensive line by like 50 lb

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
I’ve seen some pictures of IMG….. my jaw hit the floor. My jaw also hit the floor when I saw the price tag, but I am guessing a lot of people are there on scholarships. Definitely a lot different than the public school I went to.
It looks like some Olympic trying school you’d find in China.

Reaction Score
IMG would get thrown out of CT. They play my local championship high school Venice and one year they're offensive line was all over 300 lb outweighing Bob diaco's offensive line by like 50 lb

Drove by the campus once had all the appeal of a car dealership. A sports factory, if you want your kid to receive a sports scholarship to college send 'em to IMG.

Reaction Score
I thought I saw he's in a cast? Is that why he's considering getting up on campus since he's going to miss a portion of his SR season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom