Alex Karaban ….. | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Alex Karaban …..

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Not to take away from what Karaban has done, because he's been great this year, but part of being the best player on the team is that everyone knows you're the best player and works to take away what you're good at. Karaban doesn't force shots, which is a good thing, but he wouldn't be nearly as efficient if he was our go-to scorer or defenses keyed in on him as our biggest offensive threat. Great glue guy, does everything well, but I wouldn't say he's our best player yet.

Reaction Score
He’s been playing very good defense lately, more physicality, and a lot of toughness.
I was just coming here to say the same thing. Marquette went at Alex over and over and over again tonight, and AK turned them back time and time again. I would guess 8 times they tried to go 1-1 iso against him, and I think they went 0-8 on those attempts.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Still think Hawkins is our best pure baller, both ends of the floor, but Karaban has a ton of intangibles he brings to this team. Clutch shooting, good finisher around the rim, can rebound, moves the ball quickly on offense. He might be our most complete offensive player. His defense has improved a lot the past month as he has gotten more time against Big East 4s.

He’s going to be one of my favorites of all time when it’s all said and done.

Reaction Score
I was just coming here to say the same thing. Marquette went at Alex over and over and over again tonight, and AK turned them back time and time again. I would guess 8 times they tried to go 1-1 iso against him, and I think they went 0-8 on those attempts.
Alex and the Hawk's defense have grown immensely. They both are quick studies and real students of the game. The extra bench year for Alex has provided him with incites that even coaches don't have. His stepping to the passing lanes is a marvel along with his ability to position himself for a pass and uncontested three pointer are impressive. He plays with the maturity of a grad.

Reaction Score
When he adds some better footwork on his drives this year, it's game over for the big east. He can already finish with both hands, just needs to learn footwork on his pivots and to finish off one foot. I think he's 16/6/3 kind of player next year and a potential all big east player.

The greatest thing about him is that even while he's learning, his style of play doesn't mean he's a burden on the team. He's rarely going to mess up the team with turnovers and bad shots.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Still think Hawkins is our best pure baller, both ends of the floor, but Karaban has a ton of intangibles he brings to this team. Clutch shooting, good finisher around the rim, can rebound, moves the ball quickly on offense. He might be our most complete offensive player. His defense has improved a lot the past month as he has gotten more time against Big East 4s.

He’s going to be one of my favorites of all time when it’s all said and done.

A few days ago I made the comment that Karaban may be the weakest starter on UConn compared to his peers at the four spot in the Big East. And yet, Karaban is a solid contributor as a frosh. BE is loaded with really good 4's and Karaban, especially on D, had some real tough assignments. Hurley mentioned it last night in the post game presser.

He's already learning how to not get backed down without fouling and how to hold his position when his opponent goes up for the shot. He's even taken a few charges straight up defending him man.

He's been clutch nailing momentum swinging 3's. Next thing I want to see from him and expect him to excel at is end of game FT's when opponents start fouling to try and catch up. Anyone here not confident he is making FT's in the last 2 minutes of a tight game?

Reaction Score
When he adds some better footwork on his drives this year, it's game over for the big east. He can already finish with both hands, just needs to learn footwork on his pivots and to finish off one foot. I think he's 16/6/3 kind of player next year and a potential all big east player.

The greatest thing about him is that even while he's learning, his style of play doesn't mean he's a burden on the team. He's rarely going to mess up the team with turnovers and bad shots.

That is what stood out for me as well. He truly is a high BBIQ player, he meshes his play into the team play and you would not even notice he is a freshmen learning the ropes of college games.

Reaction Score
AK, Hawk are your real money guys. If both are operating well, the team is average
Newton is improving
DC is your game changer
Adama is your muscle
AJ is your flash and awe

Reaction Score
He's played against all BE teams once..He's clearly doing film work.. Working on his footwork and using his body on D.. Has shown improvement over earlier in the season..

Offense comes naturally to him-esp. with his BBIQ.. He is an excellent sniper to have as Jordan's wingman.. But he's also sneaky good going to the hoop.. Would like to see him getting to the line at crunch time where he's money.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
He continues to grow into what I hoped for from his highlight videos before IMG. It wouldn't have been realistic to expect him to be that way immediately, but he's quite well at work on everything, and that's a remarkable source of joy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom