OT: - Alabama’s Darius Miles Charged With Murder | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: Alabama’s Darius Miles Charged With Murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
How is Davis charged with murder and Miller provides the gun immediately before the shooting and no charges. Did Davis and Miles both fire the gun?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
How is Davis charged with murder and Miller provides the gun immediately before the shooting and no charges. Did Davis and Miles both fire the gun?

Upon further review it sounds like Miles asked Miller to bring Miles' gun and then Davis grabbed it from the car and pulled the trigger.

Reaction Score
I tried to read up on it and the answer appears to be “Alabama.”

I think they said that they do not have any kind of charge that would pertain to bringing a gun to a murder.

I mean…wow?
Does U of Alabama allow students to have guns on campus...even more wow. I assume Miller lives on campus so the gun had to be stored on campus. Can students just carriy guns around in holster's to calss & practice.

Oats...Miller in wrong spot and wrong time...huh? He brought the gun, where did Miller think he was bringing the gun a pillow fight?

Miller needs to be gone and Oats needs to man up or resign....of course neither will happen.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Upon further review it sounds like Miles asked Miller to bring Miles' gun and then Davis grabbed it from the car and pulled the trigger.
Correct. It also reads that the comments about the gun and it being loaded were between Miles and Davis. Miles told Davis where the gun was in Miller’s car. Miles’ mom is a cop too.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is crazy, up here Miller would prolly get more time than the shooter because they would hit him with conspiracy on top of the murder charge
It’s the same there. There’s no evidence to support a conspiracy charge right now.

Reaction Score
Two vehicles - a Dodge Charger and a Dodge Challenger that belonged to Miles’ teammates, Miller and Bradley - were blocking the road where the Jeep was parked.

Miles and Davis walked to Miller’s car and got something - believed to be the gun - out of the back seat. Culpepper said Miles had texted Miller saying, “I need my joint,” which is slang for a gun, police said.

Moments later, Culpepper testified, Davis approached the victims’ car and said, “I told you I was going to get you,’' and then began firing through the driver’s side window of the Jeep.

He fired at least eight shots, some of them while running in an arc from the driver’s side around the back of the vehicle.

It was then, the detective said, that Miller’s Charger was struck by two bullets.

Culpepper said some of what happened was captured on dash cam from Miller’s vehicle.

So Miller and Bradley were blocking the road with their cars, stayed and watched a murder where the murder weapon was transported to the scene by them? What am I missing? How is this not a crime?

Reaction Score
It’s the same there. There’s no evidence to support a conspiracy charge right now.
All these comments about this being an Alabama thing are silly. Violent crime, gun crimes, and people getting away with victimizing others is a problem all around the country. Where I live we have strict gun laws compared to most of the country yet we often don't charge this stuff, we often don't even charge the shooters in shootings.

The University needs to do what's right, I expect they will.

Reaction Score
That's not what happened with the laptop. It's what PC fans say happened, but it's not what happened.
Actually although AJ was probably less culpable because he was a young freshman and Williams was his roommate idle and an upper class men . His sentence was more severe because he lied to authorities. Williams was smart enough not to . Neither one stole the laptops , but the perpetrator an alleged friend of Williams left them in their room . Im not sure whether it was proven that
they were knew they were stolen but I I believe the had to. I also believe everything was returned . Williams got a semester and AJ a year suspension. Probably appropriate.
Remember we played a bunch of games with freshman Craig Austry as are only PG . we somehow went undefeated until the @ Marquette in January were Williams still wasn’t a factor but we could have lost 3-4 games and a number 1 seed. Williams wasn’t much of a factor in in limited time in the Jan 7 LSU win
Craig continued to start through the Cincinnati game but Williams saw more time . We played Alabama, Arkansas, Gonzaga , Marquette and LSU and Cinncy with Craig starting .

Reaction Score
Two vehicles - a Dodge Charger and a Dodge Challenger that belonged to Miles’ teammates, Miller and Bradley - were blocking the road where the Jeep was parked.

Miles and Davis walked to Miller’s car and got something - believed to be the gun - out of the back seat. Culpepper said Miles had texted Miller saying, “I need my joint,” which is slang for a gun, police said.

Moments later, Culpepper testified, Davis approached the victims’ car and said, “I told you I was going to get you,’' and then began firing through the driver’s side window of the Jeep.

He fired at least eight shots, some of them while running in an arc from the driver’s side around the back of the vehicle.

It was then, the detective said, that Miller’s Charger was struck by two bullets.

Culpepper said some of what happened was captured on dash cam from Miller’s vehicle.

So Miller and Bradley were blocking the road with their cars, stayed and watched a murder where the murder weapon was transported to the scene by them? What am I missing? How is this not a crime?
What a dumbazz for not destroying his dash cam

Reaction Score
You could easily make a case that those suspensions cost us a NC.
Austry was a great kid and a decent fill in but much no AJ and that team needed another PG , similar to 2011 . We’re Bazz got Kemba of the ball to rest .
Also the disconnect caused by Williams suspension prevented team development something that became apparent as we got to the final 8 without playing a decent game . Just ob pure talent overwhelming people .

Reaction Score
It also it was a gun incident at UConn that sealed Perno’s demise if I recall . Dom was an alumni plus a local guy and popular with state HS coaches.
It wasn’t that easy dumping him and predictions that UConn would never get an another CT kid abounded .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom