Akok enters the portal | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Akok enters the portal

Reaction Score
If anyone else leaves we know we have a problem. 3/4 make sense here
I mean, we're down to 7 scholarship players right now for next season. Can't really afford any other departures.

Reaction Score
No surprise here. Seemed like a great kid with a great attitude. Sad to think what he could have been if not for that injury. Best of luck moving forward big fella.

Reaction Score
Do we have any players left? At least we aren’t LSU… so it ain’t all terrible. We will reload with new talent.

Reaction Score
There are four reasons to panic. 1-3, the transfers of our core in Aj, Sanogo, and Hawkins. The fourth would be a castle decommit. The rest, while hard to process on the surface, is neither earth shattering or that impactful. 2 of the 4 had ample opportunity to contribute and didn’t, a third show no signs of being able to contribute and the fourth is a total wild card. The overreaction on this board is beyond nuts. Let’s panic if one of the above scenarios plays out. If not, our chances of being more competitive has increased not decreased.

Reaction Score
If Hawkins AJax or Sanogo transfer then I will be worried. To a lesser extent Johnson or Karaban.

I genuinely think people just can’t handle change or uncertainty. We were not a complete team last year. If we keep the good parts we are able to and improve the bad parts, how is that bad? It anyone who has left wasn’t good or didn’t play. The core is still here. Just check away from the board and come back in two weeks my eyes are bleeding from the absurd chicken little spit.

Reaction Score
Complete overhaul (of the bench anyway)....can't blame DH after 2 straight 1st round exits, not sure any of us could stomach a 3rd in a row so major adjustments needed for sure.

Only have lost 1 projected contributor for next year in Floyd so concern is mild until we see the "replacements" that commit. Fair to assume that the incoming 3 or 4 will be more ready to contribute next year than the outgoing 4 (so far) but we'll see.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There are four reasons to panic. 1-3, the transfers of our core in Aj, Sanogo, and Hawkins. The fourth would be a castle decommit. The rest, while hard to process on the surface, is neither earth shattering or that impactful. 2 of the 4 had ample opportunity to contribute and didn’t, a third show no signs of being able to contribute and the fourth is a total wild card. The overreaction on this board is beyond nuts. Let’s panic if one of the above scenarios plays out. If not, our chances of being more competitive has increased not decreased.
This is a terrible way to build a program. Saying every one but 3 players on your roster is dispensable is operating as an NBA team. If a guy like Johnson leaves we would have whiffed on almost an entire recruiting class. It’s not good

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
The 4 spot is wide open for him to start now
Was just going to say this. Johnson will be fine at the 4 and may be the starter there. Karaban and Johnson will most likely take the minutes at 4. Karaban will probably see minutes at the 3 as well. I guess we will truly see how Hurley feels about playing freshman vs. upperclassmen. The 4 out offense does not change Johnson's minutes. He appeared to be more a face up offensive threat with nice touch so he could fill the stretch 4 spot.

Reaction Score
Yup, this was the last shoe I was waiting for. Not that I expected Floyd to leave, I didn’t.

I think The Boneyard should send over some practice players. I believe most of us have our eligibility intact.

In any event, I wish AA the very, very best. Great guy who got dealt a really bad hand with his injury.
This one makes a ton of sense, just not the right player for UCONN system. Injuries hurt development but really he made the wrong choice out of high school. May be a star in a different system or simply just not as good as everyone thought.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom