Akok enters the portal | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Akok enters the portal

Reaction Score
As always, curious where he ends up. Great energy, great kid, has skill with his shot and shot blocking, but often times looked LOST on defense, not to mention the sad reality of not being able to stay healthy. A-10 level might be the move for him like Sool/Gaffney.

Reaction Score
this is similar to the gaffney thing for me -- not a huge shock, given how everything played out, but it makes me sad because i genuinely liked rooting for him. the first half of his first season was pretty magical. i hope he can get back to that somewhere new.

richie springs minutes incoming???

Reaction Score
I miss freshman Akok. If he never got injured I can only imagine where he would be. I’ll miss him.

It seems like he’s looking towards Providence so I’m sure it will be a sight for sore eyes.

Reaction Score
I sent this to a few people yesterday.. we are bleeding
We've lost 4 guys, which sounds like a lot.

But none of them were a huge part of last year's team and we don't know what we would have gotten out of them going forward.

If Hurley wants a more versatile offense that can score in more ways and complement Sanogo, this is not a huge loss and other players may be better fits.

Reaction Score
This one doesn't surprise me. I feel gutted for the guy, the injuries were just a killer to his development but his defense was genuinely unplayable this past season. I hope he can find a spot to get some more PT at a lower level.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
This was kinda expected as many said. We will have quite a new look team next season.

Reaction Score
We've lost 4 guys, which sounds like a lot.

But none of them were a huge part of last year's team and we don't know what we would have gotten out of them going forward.

If Hurley wants a more versatile offense that can score in more ways and complement Sanogo, this is not a huge loss and other players may be better fits.
Agree with the guards we’re connected with. But if we lose another guy? It has to be a front court player. We aren’t connected to 1 front court player. I’m not sure Hurley anticipated on losing 5 guys this off season. The 5th possible guy could be a nightmare I think.

Reaction Score
As always, curious where he ends up. Great energy, great kid, has skill with his shot and shot blocking, but often times looked LOST on defense, not to mention the sad reality of not being able to stay healthy. A-10 level might be the move for him like Sool/Gaffney.

I don’t know, I think he’s a better player than that. HuskyHawk definitely overstated the diversity of his game in terms of passing and handles and whatnot but I think he can still be a contributor on a high level team.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Probably Syracuse bound. Which is an excellent fit for him, his length in the zone is a huge asset and hides his one on one defensive deficiencies and he will get to hoist plenty of threes as a 4 and a 5 and probably will shoot them at a decent clip.

Reaction Score
The 4 spot is wide open for him to start now
No with playing 1 in, 4 out. Karaban/jackon will get majority of the minutes at the 4, which leaves a little too many bigs currently on the roster rotating in the 5 position.

Reaction Score
I expected this one and one more. If you aren't going to play kids at all they are going to leave. I hoping this is all because of some galaxy brain plan that includes a bunch of good players coming in here because if it isn't things are going to be pretty crummy around here.

Reaction Score
In a vacuum I really don't care about any of these 4 guys leaving; sad about Akok but he just isn't the same player he was. Anywhere he goes he'll run into the same problem he had here. He's a good spark plug off the bench. Floyd could have been good, could have been meh but he wasnt some stud prospect we're missing out on.
But this didn't all happen in a vacuum and we're now down EIGHT players from last year. EIGHT. And maybe more to come (won't be surprised at all if it is another freshman from last year that didn't get a lot of blow). Regardless of if we bring in Newton, Young, Castle we are still going to be replacing around 65% of minutes from last year, getting guys to learn and buy into a new offensive system, and learn to trust each other. Expectations for next year have to go down, regardless if the influx in talent is actually more than we lose, because we are just losing so many players that know the system and know each other

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Agree with the guards we’re connected with. But if we lose another guy? It has to be a front court player. We aren’t connected to 1 front court player. I’m not sure Hurley anticipated on losing 5 guys this off season. The 5th possible guy could be a nightmare I think.

Its not the same thing obviously, but in essence we've lost 6 already considering Martin and Cole having eligibility left.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I wish Amazon did an "All or Nothing" inside docuseries on UConn Men's bball.

To be a fly on the wall at the Werth center the last month...

Reaction Score
If I was Samson, I might consider it too. With Clingan backing up Sanogo he will play as much as last year.

No with playing 1 in, 4 out. Karaban/jackon will get majority of the minutes at the 4, which leaves a little too many bigs currently on the roster rotating in the 5 position.

I've been concerned about that one for a while. Hopefully, Samson is being filled with confidence by the staff. He's been Dan's marquee prospect for a long time. He really believes Samson is an NBA star in the making. He says it publicly and privately. Also, Johnson should be shooting the 3 adequately this season. He's put in a lot of work on it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom