Akok enters the portal | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Akok enters the portal

Reaction Score
If anyone else leaves we know we have a problem. 3/4 make sense here
I thought we were past this. Eerily familier scenario.
Tom Hanks Quote GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Now this is a kid I will root for at his next stop. He's going to do great things. Didn't get a chance. This one is on Hurley for sure. I'm still boggled how Akok came in, blocked 3 shots in two minutes, got sent out and never came back again. What's the message there? Really likable young man with a bright future.
'What's the message there?'

'great googamooga!
can you hear me talkin to ya?'

feels like c-suite enron round these parts.

and the band played on....

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Still don't know why people are losing their minds. What is the avg points of the guys that are transferring. Aside from Floyd did we really expect any of the rest to have a huge impact this season? Our core guys are still there (Sanogo, Hawk, AJax) and we will be signing Newton very shortly.
Huh? Most of the points are gone with the guys who graduated, four of them who played a lot. When that happens, the younger guys now play more and replace those points. When you lose those guys too, it is a problem.

Reaction Score
This is a terrible way to build a program. Saying every one but 3 players on your roster is dispensable is operating as an NBA team. If a guy like Johnson leaves we would have whiffed on almost an entire recruiting class. It’s not good
While I agree with this sentiment in general, today's CBB is becoming a year-to-year propostion almost with the portal. If kids don't play much as freshman they start looking around for other opportunities and promises of playing time.

If you can keep a core of 4 or 5 players for 3 years and supplement roster yearly in portal based on needs that might the formula nowadays.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
There was speculation he would stay before the season, but by midseason his mom was saying he was likely not going to. So not an end of the season thing, but who knows when all this starting bubbling up.

End of February still! Here's Tenspro at end of February questioning that this board had an inordinate amount of people on this board who, like superjohn, maintained Cole was returning.

cole.PNG

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
End of February still! Here's Tenspro at end of February questioning that this board had an inordinate amount of people on this board who, like superjohn, maintained Cole was returning.

View attachment 75548
Yes, you're right, I should have been more specific.

Tenspro was never deluded about Cole coming back.

Please continue posting Tenspro's W's.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Not too surprising here. Hopefully this is the last of the transfers, anything beyond this would start to change my expectations on next season
What are your expectations for next season?

I find it hard to come up with expectations when we only have half a roster. I'll wait until the staff puts together the roster.

Reaction Score
This is the one I expected the most and I support. This kid must feel like he really needs a change of scenery. He barely went home during his almost four years here and spent a lot of time rehabbing in isolation.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
There are four reasons to panic. 1-3, the transfers of our core in Aj, Sanogo, and Hawkins. The fourth would be a castle decommit. The rest, while hard to process on the surface, is neither earth shattering or that impactful. 2 of the 4 had ample opportunity to contribute and didn’t, a third show no signs of being able to contribute and the fourth is a total wild card. The overreaction on this board is beyond nuts. Let’s panic if one of the above scenarios plays out. If not, our chances of being more competitive has increased not decreased.
Karaban de-committing would be a huge disappointment. His numbers against elite competition in high school are disgusting. I firmly believe he will be a threat right out of the gate. Floyd was an unknown and Clingan will grow into his role.

Reaction Score
We'd call it a win, but your "disingenuous" post kinda negates it. Sorry. I guess we will just have to bask in the sj L's
Eh, your original post implied that the staff was caught off guard by Cole and Martin deciding to move on after their (super-)senior year. Highly unlikely that was the case.

The Boneyard (sans Tenspro) may have been caught off guard, but not Hurley and co.

Reaction Score
Yup, this was the last shoe I was waiting for. Not that I expected Floyd to leave, I didn’t.

I think The Boneyard should send over some practice players. I believe most of us have our eligibility intact.

In any event, I wish AA the very, very best. Great guy who got dealt a really bad hand with his injury.
Practice players for the Old-timers Game.

Years ago if anyone remembers George Yardley, I saw him on TV in just that kind of game. When the players started running up court, or tried to, or ambled, the announcer kept saying "now be careful, not too much." "Gotta remember they're not kids anymore."

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
'What's the message there?'

'great googamooga!
can you hear me talkin to ya?'

feels like c-suite enron round these parts.

and the band played on....

'great googamooga!
can you hear me talkin to ya?

mebbe we're related. and now, "cliffy on language.' good, cuz that safire guy sleeps wit da fishes.
drivin down the interstate the udder day, i notice a billboard around Stratford from cracker barrel, on which we find the words 'dumplins.' not dumplings, but dumplins. soon after, around West Haven, there is an electronic billboard, with a message from the State, in which we find
'u text,
u drive,
we ticket.'

seems like the 'c' in the 'cvirus' thing prolly means 'the cliffy virus.'
great googamooga!

Reaction Score
It’s all about the minutes for these kids. If the minutes don’t appear to be available, he probably couldn’t imagine sitting for another year. Good luck to him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom