Akok Akok | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don’t get what the big deal was. Didn’t Borges report the fact that he actually didn’t tell his prep school coach he was leaving based on QUOTES from the coach?

Reaction Score
I don’t get what the big deal was. Didn’t Borges report the fact that he actually didn’t tell his prep school coach he was leaving based on QUOTES from the coach?
My assumption is that he might have assumed some of that was off-the-record, but that's not Borges' job. If there isn't an agreement up front then Borges can print whatever he wants.

Reaction Score
Seems like they cleared it up. Sounds like the kind of thing you would do if Akok was coming to Storrs...

Reaction Score
I still don’t understand the big deal
It's not a big deal and if there was some misunderstanding between Pastore and Borges they squashed it, doesn't mean the boneyard won't have 50 more posts making it a big deal.

Reaction Score
Would Pastore be behind the UConn bench if Akok to UConn wasn't happening? Honest question.
Calhoun intentionally smashed a basketball into my friend's face at his bball camp.

Reaction Score
If he comes, he is not going to step right in and be a star. Transition from HS to college is big. It takes some time. He needs to do a ton of work with coach Sal. Hurley is not going to disrupt team chemistry by throwing him in there immediately. He will need to learn the offense and defense the way Hurley wants it done. When I see him slouched behind the bench with his hoodie pulled over his face it reminds me of the grim reaper taking a nap. Maybe it’s his idea of looking badass, I don’t know. I just hope he does not have depression because it is an awful condition to have.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
When I see him slouched behind the bench with his hoodie pulled over his face it reminds me of the grim reaper taking a nap. Maybe it’s his idea of looking badass, I don’t know. I just hope he does not have depression because it is an awful condition to have.

Not going to speculate on his mental health, but he could just be a quiet/stoic kid, or even shy. Lot's of kids hide under their hoodies these days.

Or he could have been struggling to make a major decision in life, other things on his mind.

Or he could be a tired (or growing?) teenager who needs to eat and sleep more.

Or something else.

Reaction Score
If he comes, he is not going to step right in and be a star. Transition from HS to college is big. It takes some time. He needs to do a ton of work with coach Sal. Hurley is not going to disrupt team chemistry by throwing him in there immediately. He will need to learn the offense and defense the way Hurley wants it done. When I see him slouched behind the bench with his hoodie pulled over his face it reminds me of the grim reaper taking a nap. Maybe it’s his idea of looking badass, I don’t know. I just hope he does not have depression because it is an awful condition to have.

He's a kid. Slouching and wearing a hood is not a big deal. Have you seen Jalen's attitude off the court? Or CV's? All the old guys on this board would call them punks and thugs if they didn't wear a UConn jersey. They're not. It's just generational. Disengaged is the new cool; if they're not that way on the bench, in practice, or on the court, I don't care.

He tried to sit on the bench with out team. He's clearly engaged.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

When was the last time you interacted with an American teenager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wesw1963

Top Bottom