Akok Akok | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok

Status
Not open for further replies.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
I don’t know if anyone caught it last game but after Jalen hit a shot late in the game he looked over to Akok and mouthed something to the effect of “you’re coming here”.
This seems like propaganda, but I like it.

Reaction Score
He’s old for his grade, doubt he would want to sit out.
Diallo's situation may actually persuade him to play as well. Diallo didn't get to adjust to the NCAA pace of play and redshirted the second semester of 2016/2017, but redshirting didn't save him from being exposed. He didn't enter the draft when scouts said he wasn't ready, came back and struggled a bit as a redshirt freshman, only to get drafted in the back end of the draft when he had the talent of a first rounder (and has shown that so far this NBA season).

I'm interested to see what he chooses to do. You don't want to lose a year of eligibility, but I don't think he has any intention of staying in college for 4 years.

Reaction Score
Can't imagine there is much in that article we don't already know. Seems like we'll be waiting awhile since he's taking the SAT 12/1, Not sure how long it takes to get results back.
I believe it is 2 weeks after taking it

Reaction Score
Diallo's situation may actually persuade him to play as well. Diallo didn't get to adjust to the NCAA pace of play and redshirted the second semester of 2016/2017, but redshirting didn't save him from being exposed. He didn't enter the draft when scouts said he wasn't ready, came back and struggled a bit as a redshirt freshman, only to get drafted in the back end of the draft when he had the talent of a first rounder (and has shown that so far this NBA season).

I'm interested to see what he chooses to do. You don't want to lose a year of eligibility, but I don't think he has any intention of staying in college for 4 years.
I think he's going to play.

Reaction Score
being as keen on the nba as he is, it's highly doubtful that akok would join a program that plans to hold him out of games until next season.

even though he probably won't get drafted this year anyways, him redshirting this spring would all but guarantee that result.

why wouldn't he want to keep that window open, even if it's just a crack?

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
This is either going to end poorly (going to Pitt) or terribly (comes to UConn, never plays a minute for us but results in us with recruiting violations).

I just don’t see how this ends well.

Reaction Score
Somebody brought this up in a previous Akok thread, does this in any way damage our relationship with Putnam?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
This is either going to end poorly (going to Pitt) or terribly (comes to UConn, never plays a minute for us but results in us with recruiting violations).

I just don’t see how this ends well.
I love optimistic people.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
If we get Akok and Kofi I would hope UConn would schedule a game to be played at the University of South Carolina.

It would be priceless having these two guys on their court and watching the faces of their fans as they do their cheers.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Somebody brought this up in a previous Akok thread, does this in any way damage our relationship with Putnam?
I wouldn't worry too much about how one kid handled himself. We don't even know what he's doing yet, so I highly doubt, even if he comes to UConn, that this will damage the relationship.

Reaction Score
He'll play.

e1c015e0-27f9-4c2e-9dd2-a3d9f92fe2e0.gif

Reaction Score
This will be a make up for the Hami deal.
Ahhhhh....Good Kooking

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
The recipe for success starts with Akok.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Samuel picked Seton Hall over Pitt who was a lock for them. Curious if this impacts Akok.

Reaction Score
Samuel picked Seton Hall over Pitt who was a lock for them. Curious if this impacts Akok.

From the Pitt board:

Rumors that he wanted to commit to Pitt over the weekend and Pitt held him off. Hopefully that means good things coming.

Reaction Score
From the Pitt board:

Rumors that he wanted to commit to Pitt over the weekend and Pitt held him off. Hopefully that means good things coming.
Yeah I don’t take much stock in that quote but it is curious. Honestly, Akok to UConn just seems so complicated (although it can happen) if he ends up at Pitt I wouldn’t be surprised one bit. This all just seems so off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom