Akok Akok update | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok update

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Summer play has been much better
I'm curious what changed--diet? Mentality? I can't imagine his skill set grew THAT much to have him jump 25+ spots and completely change his recruiting trajectory.
He didn't improve that much. He hit a bunch of 3s, with terrible form, in front of Daniels and Daniels went nuts claiming he's a 5 star. I dont see it. With that said he would obviously be a huge land for us.

Reaction Score
He didn't improve that much. He hit a bunch of 3s, with terrible form, in front of Daniels and Daniels went nuts claiming he's a 5 star. I dont see it. With that said he would obviously be a huge land for us.

That will do it. All about getting retweets.

Reaction Score

Strange formatting up there - the teaser reads:”Akok Akok says he wants to be the top player in the country - his recruitment may end up being a showdown between Ed Cooley & Dan Hurley”

Akok Akok Wants to be the Top Player in the Country

Cooley? Top player in the country to Providence? It's been a while since I've been to Rhode Island but what's the draw? And yes...I thought Cuse was crushing the recruiting...

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Cooley? Top player in the country to Providence? It's been a while since I've been to Rhode Island but what's the draw? And yes...I thought Cuse was crushing the recruiting...

Providence itself is actually a pretty cool place now, compared to it's former status as a dump. Restaurants and bars, arts scene, etc. Not quite fully gentrified yet, which is good.

That said, Providence basketball is providence basketball. But Cooley's a decent coach who's showed he can pull a guy or too.

Reaction Score
Providence itself is actually a pretty cool place now, compared to it's former status as a dump. Restaurants and bars, arts scene, etc. Not quite fully gentrified yet, which is good.

That said, Providence basketball is providence basketball. But Cooley's a decent coach who's showed he can pull a guy or too.

Cooley has been kicking our the last 2 years with MAL, Duke, and Reeves... That said, Providence basketball is still Providence basketball. Haven't made it past the first weekend since 1997.

Since that same time, we've done... okay.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Cuse does still lead. It’s a New England paper which is why they focused on UConn and PC. UConn has been on him much stronger lately though, and should get an OV so it’s not over yet.
Some schools backed off after his injury and sub-par play early in circuit play; we didn't.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Cooley has been kicking our the last 2 years with MAL, Duke, and Reeves...
And MAL is former teammate. The loss of MAL potentially could be the gift that keeps on giving.

Reaction Score
And MAL is former teammate. The loss of MAL potentially could be the gift that keeps on giving.
Let's not forget that MAL was horrible at PC last year. By the end of the season he was barely in the rotation at all. Obviously only his freshman year but so far we haven't missed much.

Reaction Score
Let's not forget that MAL was horrible at PC last year. By the end of the season he was barely in the rotation at all. Obviously only his freshman year but so far we haven't missed much.

MAL won't be considered a big loss or hardly a loss, there's a decent guard who lacks the ability to shoot and make decisions thus far. He has potential but again, there's plenty of MAL's no one we need to look back on and ever say it was a huge loss.

Reaction Score
He’s good. Great get for Cooley. Andrew Slater said via twitter pretty recently that PC has almost no shot at landing Akok, though. Kind of weird, but he’s really reputable. Maybe it’s because he is a heavy Cuse lean.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
MAL won't be considered a big loss or hardly a loss, there's a decent guard who lacks the ability to shoot and make decisions thus far. He has potential but again, there's plenty of MAL's no one we need to look back on and ever say it was a huge loss.

Long term, completely agree. But we could have used the body at guard last year. Waters looks like a real loss, not that he was coming here.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He’s good. Great get for Cooley. Andrew Slater said via twitter pretty recently that PC has almost no shot at landing Akok, though. Kind of weird, but he’s really reputable. Maybe it’s because he is a heavy Cuse lean.
Did he delete that tweet?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

I just dont' understand why kids still choose Cuse (i get it, HOF coach) for development. The proof is in the pudding there; that school does not develop you defensively very well for the NBA. Just look at the alumns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom