Akok Akok update | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I just dont' understand why kids still choose Cuse (i get it, HOF coach) for development. The proof is in the pudding there; that school does not develop you defensively very well for the NBA. Just look at the alumns.

NBA teams keep mistakenly drafting their players.

Of the last 17 Syracuse players drafted (everyone post Melo), 0 have averaged 50 starts per season over their career. 11 1st round picks. 0 solid starters.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
NBA teams keep mistakenly drafting their players.

Of the last 17 Syracuse players drafted (everyone post Melo), 0 have averaged 50 starts per season over their career. 11 1st round picks. 0 solid starters.

Not a big negative recruiting guy, but that stat should be shouted by every recruiter competing with Syracuse for a player. It would be borderline criminal to do otherwise.

Reaction Score

How does this keep happening? Providence?
What have they won since Pitino left?
Cooley wins his 20 games plus a few but goes nowhere and yet has been able to convince highly regarded players to sign.
What's the attraction?

Reaction Score
Cooley wins his 20 games plus a few but goes nowhere and yet has been able to convince highly regarded players to sign.
What's the attraction?
the north east is a talent rich area and Providence has made itself one of the better options for players who want to be relatively close to home because most of the other programs including us have dropped the ball. it's like being the hottest girl in some podunk town in Maine.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
What's the attraction?
No UCONN, Cuse, ND, Ville, Pitt, Cinci so now they can compete. Plus msg

Reaction Score

This kid was Cooley's 'Precious'... and the 3rd or 4th option for Texas & Florida. He simply went where he felt wanted the most.

Reaction Score

LMAO.. Sorry if I'm not drooling over said recruit to your liking..

You can take Cooley and that recruit... and I'll be perfectly content on the other side of the fence with Dan Hurley. As I was saying, there are levels.. (and nobody here would be content with Cooley's production on the court and in living rooms.)

Reaction Score

He's not a Top 50 recruit. He's a 50-100.

You keep fluffing the nbe. Do you play any other sports in the nbe? I ask because I'm not aware of any others (outside of field hockey).

UConn is a major school that invests across the board in all sports. The nbe is a one-trick-pony and that lone sport is on shaky legs as the top coaches keep leaving for greener pastures, and almost every nbe roster this year has suffered major turnover. The talent attrition the league has seen this year is unprecedented (along with the number of transfers that conference is taking in to patch up the departures).

So you got a recruit that has been getting some moderate interest from Southern schools. Congrats.. I don't know what that has to do with UConn, since UConn is after bigger fish.

Reaction Score

He wasn't Shaka's priority and he wasn't Mike White's priority. Providence was all-in on that kid to the extent that Jeff Battle was following him to the urinals.

Again, Congrats.

Reaction Score

I'm talking about revenue sports. Football is the primary sport that moves the needle when it comes to television contracts.

With a TV contract negotiation set to commence in February of 2019, UConn made a very smart choice to keep football (and those ESPN windows that the nbe didn't fight for). The exposure and the subsequent ratings success and on-field success (3 NY6 wins in 5 years) of the football league has put UConn in a much better position for the long term.

It's 3 dimensional chess. Meanwhile the AAC has stacked the MBB conference with Dan Hurley, Gregg Marshall, Mick Cronin, Johnny Dawkins, Kelvin Sampson, Aaron McKie, Penny Hardaway, Frank Haith, Tim Jankovich, Brian Gregory, Joe Dooley, and Mike Dunleavy. Its been a build that has taken time but is now solidifying nicely with recruits like Precious, Watford, Wiseman, etc, projected to enter the league.

Let's see how this plays out, shall we? Lets see how Mullin, Ewing, Leaitao, Woji, Travis Steele, Cooley, Wright, McDermitt, Willard, and LaVall Jordan do.. It seems that many of them have to get some age on their rosters and fast.

I'm fine with letting these leagues develop. I believe the nbe has seen its better days. I believe any difference after the new hires is minimal. And I'm definitely far from impressed with the audience the nbe has drawn on FS1 television. (its chess, not checkers)

Reaction Score
18j5aq22ffhf2jpg.jpg

Reaction Score
He's not a Top 50 recruit. He's a 50-100.

You keep fluffing the nbe. Do you play any other sports in the nbe? I ask because I'm not aware of any others (outside of field hockey).

UConn is a major school that invests across the board in all sports. The nbe is a one-trick-pony and that lone sport is on shaky legs as the top coaches keep leaving for greener pastures, and almost every nbe roster this year has suffered major turnover. The talent attrition the league has seen this year is unprecedented (along with the number of transfers that conference is taking in to patch up the departures).

So you got a recruit that has been getting some moderate interest from Southern schools. Congrats.. I don't know what that has to do with UConn, since UConn is after bigger fish.
He’s 50-60. Give credit where it’s due.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET