Akok Akok official visit | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok official visit

Reaction Score
Recruits are not going to change their mind because of what people write on a message board, but it certainly can annoy them. I think people need to be more responsible. When getting inside information in the past, I would not divulge what I knew on the Boneyard until there was some official word. If someone inside the program received a verbal commitment, I'd want to wait till the recruit made his announcement on his terms. I'm assuming rules have not change and a college program is not allowed to say anything about the recruits decision, or anything about that recruit to that matter. If the recruit finds out that someone had divulged their decision before they announced it, it could potentially create some distrust with coaches of that program.

Just seems like there are some pretty big frickin' egos on this message board. Seems more important who knew what first, compared to showing a little patience, and respect for the recruit and the program, and waiting till there is some more definitive and collaborative word.

When I or Hooper heard something, we might give some sort of positive spin on how things might be going, but wouldn't blurt out if recruit had committed or not, or was close to a decision. I do question the validity of what some of these people are saying who had so-called inside information. I know the coach that we used to deal with would make it very clear to us to not put what he told us on the Boneyard, nor did we ever divulge who our source was or that we knew ahead of time. Blurting out what you know from an inside source prematurely is a good way to get your source to not trust you anymore and not give you any more inside the information.

Hopefully it's one of those situations where the recruit has committed, but wants to tell the other coaches first before any official announcement is made. If it turns out that he didn't make a decision yet, then what will many of you think about those who are saying otherwise? Hum...
Exactly why I love chiefs approach

Reaction Score
Recruits are not going to change their mind because of what people write on a message board, but it certainly can annoy them. I think people need to be more responsible. When getting inside information in the past, I would not divulge what I knew on the Boneyard until there was some official word. If someone inside the program received a verbal commitment, I'd want to wait till the recruit made his announcement on his terms. I'm assuming rules have not change and a college program is not allowed to say anything about the recruits decision, or anything about that recruit to that matter. If the recruit finds out that someone had divulged their decision before they announced it, it could potentially create some distrust with coaches of that program.

Just seems like there are some pretty big frickin' egos on this message board. Seems more important who knew what first, compared to showing a little patience, and respect for the recruit and the program, and waiting till there is some more definitive and collaborative word.

When I or Hooper heard something, we might give some sort of positive spin on how things might be going, but wouldn't blurt out if recruit had committed or not, or was close to a decision. I do question the validity of what some of these people are saying who had so-called inside information. I know the coach that we used to deal with would make it very clear to us to not put what he told us on the Boneyard, nor did we ever divulge who our source was or that we knew ahead of time. Blurting out what you know from an inside source prematurely is a good way to get your source to not trust you anymore and not give you any more inside the information.

Hopefully it's one of those situations where the recruit has committed, but wants to tell the other coaches first before any official announcement is made. If it turns out that he didn't make a decision yet, then what will many of you think about those who are saying otherwise? Hum...

If he just said what he normally says, something along the line of he's ours, we would have been satisfied and nobody outside the program would have taken it seriously.
For whatever reason he used the word verbal, and then it was game on to the media and other fanbases.

Reaction Score
I just went through the craziest emotional rollercoaster while reading this thread. Sheeesh. Matrim and BField haven't been wrong for a while. I trust their intel. Reminds me of the Sterling Gibbs situation. Where he denied committing to commit on his own terms. Lets hope this is the case

Reaction Score
Nothing has changed. He is either coming here or not. Insider confirmations are still rumors until the kid publicly commits. If he was ready for it to be public, he would have said so. I’d still say we are in very good shape based on the rumors.

Reaction Score
Until further notice I read this all to mean our insiders won’t respond so as it to not blow up the commits spot!!!!!
Give him a chance to announce on his own.
So as long as BF And Matrim keep quiet I am good.
In addition, Zion is also working to allow for the kid to have his time in the sun.

Thats it and that’s all.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Now do you understand why I doubt "insider" posts on fan forums?

No. We're talking about Zags here. He also wrote an article that said Gaffney hadn't decided, meanwhile he announced next day. He had committed on the weekend.

I'm guessing and hoping it's same thing's happening for Akok. If they are correct, it's a matter of when, not if.

Kids almost always smokescreen in this situation. He probably just doesn't want his thunder stolen. Which is totally fair.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
It might be time for an old time Boneyard hangin depending on how this turns out

If he commits, who you hangin? Want names. Need names.

Reaction Score
I just went through the craziest emotional rollercoaster while reading this thread. Sheeesh. Matrim and BField haven't been wrong for a while. I trust their intel. Reminds me of the Sterling Gibbs situation. Where he denied committing to commit on his own terms. Lets hope this is the case
According to Gibbs, the boneyard (or rather the media, that took the idea from here) basically willed his commitment into existence. He wasn't even thinking about transferring until the rumors of him to UConn started. At least that's how I remember it from the ADB podcast

intlzncster

Reaction Score
According to Gibbs, the boneyard (or rather the media, that took the idea from here) basically willed his commitment into existence. He wasn't even thinking about transferring until the rumors of him to UConn started. At least that's how I remember it from the ADB podcast

I remember that. Not sure I buy the story, but it's a great narrative nonetheless. Either way, that interview was greats, and Gibbs is a really good dude. Glad he ended up a Husky.

Reaction Score
Im reffering to the day he actually committed. Rumors started leaking that he committed then he denied it. Then an hr later committed lol

Reaction Score
Im reffering to the day he actually committed. Rumors started leaking that he committed then he denied it. Then an hr later committed lol
Oh yeah, I remember now. I completely forgot how quick that was from denial to commitment lol

Reaction Score
I never understood if a kid confides in a Coach or staff why would said coach or staff leak info..

Makes it hard for a kid to trust a program when they can’t keep a verbal quiet.. I know Hurley prefers the recruit to tell other teams before announcements.

I am not saying this is what happened or possibly effect a kids decision but If I asked a future employer to allow me to tell the public on my own terms and it leaked I would think twice.

Ok now go ahead and bash me for my opinion..

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Oh yeah, I remember now. I completely forgot how quick that was from denial to commitment lol

That summer's commits were pretty concerned about getting sniped. The people I talked to who had staff connections were adamant about not posting publicly about impending commitments.

C

Chief00

Maybe the chief approach of vagueness bordering on meaninglessness is actually the best approach.

It’s my opinion that’s the correct way to do it. The kid needs his day to announce in his way.
Sure. Chief takes a lot of criticism for doing it this way but is willing to take the arrows. Furthermore, it’s really not so vague - all but the most casual of fans recognize what Chief means.
The other thing is by pre-empting an announcement, it gives the opponent coach’s an opportunity to provide all kinds of last ditch dire scenarios about playing at UConn vs their school. You never know what might stick with an 18 year old? At that point the other coaches have nothing to lose so they go low.

C

Chief00

I never understood if a kid confides in a Coach or staff why would said coach or staff leak info..

Makes it hard for a kid to trust a program when they can’t keep a verbal quiet.. I know Hurley prefers the recruit to tell other teams before announcements.

I am not saying this is what happened or possibly effect a kids decision but If I asked a future employer to allow me to tell the public on my own terms and it leaked I would think twice.

Ok now go ahead and bash me for my opinion..
Don’t assume the coach is the one leaking it to the public. But good point, and that’s why Chief is responsible with information much to the annoyance of some fans who want instant gratification.

Reaction Score
I don't think VCs would call the other coaches on a weekend anyway. I would expect the official announcement to come Monday night or Tuesday.

I'm waiting for the inevitable CB picks. Have you noticed many of the recent picks appear only a day or so before the actual announcement? I saw one pick occur 5 mins before the commitment was posted. Justifiably, the 'expert' got no credit for that one.

One day, someone will explain to me why people who understand how useless certain informationless predictions are look at the website that posts them.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom