Akok Akok official visit | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Akok Akok official visit

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
probably because when zags wrote it the first time, the rumors hadn't started yet

or he just wants to keep it a secret so he can commit on his own terms
Maybe, but he said he spoke with him.

Reaction Score
Recruits are not going to change their mind because of what people write on a message board, but it certainly can annoy them. I think people need to be more responsible. When getting inside information in the past, I would not divulge what I knew on the Boneyard until there was some official word. If someone inside the program received a verbal commitment, I'd want to wait till the recruit made his announcement on his terms. I'm assuming rules have not change and a college program is not allowed to say anything about the recruits decision, or anything about that recruit to that matter. If the recruit finds out that someone had divulged their decision before they announced it, it could potentially create some distrust with coaches of that program.

Just seems like there are some pretty big frickin' egos on this message board. Seems more important who knew what first, compared to showing a little patience, and respect for the recruit and the program, and waiting till there is some more definitive and collaborative word.

When I or Hooper heard something, we might give some sort of positive spin on how things might be going, but wouldn't blurt out if recruit had committed or not, or was close to a decision. I do question the validity of what some of these people are saying who had so-called inside information. I know the coach that we used to deal with would make it very clear to us to not put what he told us on the Boneyard, nor did we ever divulge who our source was or that we knew ahead of time. Blurting out what you know from an inside source prematurely is a good way to get your source to not trust you anymore and not give you any more inside the information.

Hopefully it's one of those situations where the recruit has committed, but wants to tell the other coaches first before any official announcement is made. If it turns out that he didn't make a decision yet, then what will many of you think about those who are saying otherwise? Hum...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom