Akok achilles | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Akok achilles

Reaction Score
If it was a total tear, he would be at the hospital and not allowed to wait around. There are internal bleed issues that need to be managed as soon as possible to limit surrounding tissue damage, as well as DVT clot risks with a rupture. Thus, hoping partial tear or strain.

Reaction Score
so about a year. Do we pursue a medical redshirt?

Reaction Score
This sucks.

We roasted the last strength & conditioning guy and assigned him blame for all of the injuries that afflicted the Huskies. What about now? Polley, now Akok. Carlton has no lift. Genuinely curious.
You really are an idiot. How the hell do you condition your body against a torn acl or an Achilles tear? If this were possible why does it still happen in the NBA? Why do teams with the best possible medical care in the world still have players with these injuries? Moron.

Reaction Score
I'll give you some perspective....I'm in the military but not an athlete like Akok. Two weeks ago I had 4 anchors put in my knee to keep my meniscus attached to my knee after tearing it for the third time in 10 years. I will not be cleared to run, cut, and jump until 14 week mark. Sprinting comes at 16 weeks. And this is best case scenario.

ACL....if that's the only thing torn will be 6-12 months.
But how does that relate to an Achilles injury? Aren't ACL and Achilles 2 totally different injuries?

Reaction Score
If it was a total tear, he would be at the hospital and not allowed to wait around. There are internal bleed issues that need to be managed as soon as possible to limit surrounding tissue damage, as well as DVT clot risks with a rupture. Thus, hoping partial tear or strain.
They say that Tua was able to make such a good recovery was because of how quickly he got medical attention. I didn’t love how they let Akok stick around either.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
And if you feel that gap in a young athlete you fix it. Much lower re-rupture rate.
My brother-in-law, in his 50's, had a complete tear and they let it repair itself, which I didn't know was possible. He does not recommend.

Reaction Score
This sucks.

We roasted the last strength & conditioning guy and assigned him blame for all of the injuries that afflicted the Huskies. What about now? Polley, now Akok. Carlton has no lift. Genuinely curious.

With all due respect, even asking is a S&C coach has anything to do with an ACL tear or an Achilles is idiotic.

This most likely costs him this season and next season, and it might easily take him 2 years back on the court before someone is willing to offer him the money he thought he had coming. If he makes a full recovery.

Awful for the young man. Awful for this year's team. Awful for next year's team.

Next year will make 4 out of 5 seasons where we will be severely impacted by long-term or season long injuries to starters. Whatever deal with the devil KO and JC made to get us 4 championships in 15 years may not have been as one sided as we originally thought. '

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I wish I wasn't watching when he tried to get up and found out he couldn't. It was haunting. I feel horrible for him.

Reaction Score

This is completely 100% incorrect.

Achilles ruptures get sent out of ER commonly in a splint or a boot. There is no need for dvt prophylaxis. There is no risk for internal bleeding.

Achilles tears are not an emergency that requires urgent medical attention at all.

Reaction Score
My brother-in-law, in his 50's, had a complete tear and they let it repair itself, which I didn't know was possible. He does not recommend.

Many Achilles tears in “lower demand” people can be successfully treated non-operatively.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Achilles tears are not an emergency that requires urgent medical attention at all.
Question: Can you make it worse or is it already as bad as it's going to get?

Reaction Score

Achilles ruptures get sent out of ER commonly in a splint or a boot. There is no need for dvt prophylaxis. There is no risk for internal bleeding.

Umm, not according to medical literature. But, what do I know.

Reaction Score

Correct, I ruptured my achilles and didn't have surgery for a couple of weeks after it happened.

Reaction Score
With all due respect, even asking is a S&C coach has anything to do with an ACL tear or an Achilles is idiotic.

This most likely costs him this season and next season, and it might easily take him 2 years back on the court before someone is willing to offer him the money he thought he had coming. If he makes a full recovery.

Awful for the young man. Awful for this year's team. Awful for next year's team.

Next year will make 4 out of 5 seasons where we will be severely impacted by long-term or season long injuries to starters. Whatever deal with the devil KO and JC made to get us 4 championships in 15 years may not have been as one sided as we originally thought. '

The whole "<insert team name> had a lot of injuries this year they should get a new S&C coach..." (which has been and still is used frequently on this board) is one of the dumbest things a person can say.

Reaction Score
A year to play again. Usually 18 months to be close to 90% of what you were athletically before the injury.

Almost nobody returns to 100% of what they were.
My brother is a doctor (DPT) and echoed this. He also mentioned that given Akok’s build it’s about the worst injury he could’ve suffered as a basketball player.

Wonderful.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom