Akok achilles | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Akok achilles

Reaction Score
Just look at Demarcus Cousins from 2 years ago. It’s still a big time injury and chances are won’t be close to where he was as of tip off today.
Okay Cousins is a totally different example because he then strained his quad and then tore his ACL or something

And he’s much older

Reaction Score
Okay Cousins is a totally different example because he then strained his quad and then tore his ACL or something

And he’s much older
Cousins tore his achilles lol

He tore his ACL this past summer

He was at most 27 when he tore his achilles, he’s 29 now.

Reaction Score
The first tell was that they literally carried him off the court. Kobe was able to shoot free throws

maybe it comes down to what they see when he tries to bear weight on it. Does the leg just give out, can some weight be tolerated, can weight be tolerated through a calf raise

we could visibly see KD’s Achilles rupture with that sickening ripple effect you see shoot up his leg right when the injury happened. I couldn’t make it out for Akok

You can feel a palpable gap in the tendon with complete ruptures. The athletic trainer James Doran could be seen palpating that area.

Also, there is a clinical test called the Thompson test that can test the integrity of the muscle/tendon in terms of foot plantarflexion.

Reaction Score
Cousins tore his achilles lol

He tore his ACL this past summer

He was at most 27 when he tore his achilles, he’s 29 now.
I know. You’re talking about his two-year timeline, and I’m reminding you that the quad and ACL is a part of that; not just his Achilles

unless I’m mid-remembering, like he spent two years recovering and then came back and injured his other leg twice. I don’t think he was our two years before returning

Reaction Score
Breanna Stewart just came back from this injury it took slightly less than a year.

She is not really game shape yet either, Akok is probably looking at a red shirt next season. This team really can not catch a break right now! I feel terrible Akok, he is a hard working kid that just kept his mouth shut and tried to get better. Silver lining to this is maybe he can focus on building up his upper body strength with his down time.

Reaction Score
I know. You’re talking about his two-year timeline, and I’m reminding you that the quad and ACL is a part of that; not just his Achilles

unless I’m mid-remembering, like he spent two years recovering and then came back and injured his other leg twice. I don’t think he was our two years before returning
Demarcus cousins tore his achilles while still with the Pelicans, he signed with the warriors that off-season, and was out for 357 days. He played the end of last season with the Warriors. He hurt his quad after making his debut with them but ending up coming back for the NBA Finals. He tore his ACL in a workout over the summer.

Reaction Score
What is the recovery time for that type of injury?

I'll give you some perspective....I'm in the military but not an athlete like Akok. Two weeks ago I had 4 anchors put in my knee to keep my meniscus attached to my knee after tearing it for the third time in 10 years. I will not be cleared to run, cut, and jump until 14 week mark. Sprinting comes at 16 weeks. And this is best case scenario.

ACL....if that's the only thing torn will be 6-12 months.

Reaction Score
Just makes.me sick. A kid with a great hoops future. I hope he retrains his explosiveness when he heals. My favorite player on this team.

Reaction Score
Saw that. Not sure if it matters if it’s a full tear - nothing left to injure.
I think if there was a full rupture -a complete lack of contact between tendon and bone- I don’t think he’d be bearing any weight. Or maybe I’m wrong and you’re right, with it completely detached, there’s no further risk... but they did make him use crutches at halftime

I’m no expert though

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
What is the recovery time for that type of injury?
He'd be doing great to be ready by October, 8 months from now, if surgery is needed (it probably is). Could be a January return.

Doctor Hoop

Reaction Score
You can feel a palpable gap in the tendon with complete ruptures. The athletic trainer James Doran could be seen palpating that area.

Also, there is a clinical test called the Thompson test that can test the integrity of the muscle/tendon in terms of foot plantarflexion.
And if you feel that gap in a young athlete you fix it. Much lower re-rupture rate.

Doctor Hoop

Reaction Score
I think if there was a full rupture -a complete lack of contact between tendon and bone- I don’t think he’d be bearing any weight. Or maybe I’m wrong and you’re right, with it completely detached, there’s no further risk... but they did make him use crutches at halftime

I’m no expert though
No, you can sometimes bear weight even with a complete tear. He was walking in the boot, which limits stress to that area.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom