Akinjo Back???? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Akinjo Back????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Cant blame him for decommitting given the situation. It gave him a chance to be recruited by some other schools. At that same token, if Uconn landed a coach he liked, its not like he couldnt still recommitt to Uconn. I would even think we have a leg up because he knew what situation he was coming into already. Its just about if he buys into what this coach is selling him or not. IF Hurley wants him, I have to think we have as good a chance as anyone else.

Reaction Score
I think the hype around Hurley these past few days has been overblown and he has a ton to prove, but now that he's in Storrs that hype definitely plays into our hands.

He'll have a bit of an aura now

Reaction Score
I think the hype around Hurley these past few days has been overblown and he has a ton to prove, but now that he's in Storrs that hype definitely plays into our hands.

He'll have a bit of an aura now
Agreed.

He seemed like the best fit on paper, but at some point this became much less about "Dan Hurley, basketball coach" and much more about "Is UConn still UConn?"

Thankfully we came away with the answer we hoped for.

Reaction Score
Good work 99. I trust in Hurley to actually have a pretty specific plan in place and many dominoes will fall in the next two weeks. Especially when URI hires a coach.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Good work 99. I trust in Hurley to actually have a pretty specific plan in place and many dominoes will fall in the next two weeks. Especially when URI hires a coach.

I'm really hoping URI gives it to Dooley (they supposedly liked him a lot previously) and my Akinjo/Harris lead title team dreams can still be a thing.

Reaction Score
I'm really hoping URI gives it to Dooley (they supposedly liked him a lot previously) and my Akinjo/Harris lead title team dreams can still be a thing.
If Dooley becomes URI coach Cox will be here on Hurley’s staff and Harris will follow.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
If Dooley becomes URI coach Cox will be here on Hurley’s staff and Harris will follow.

Exactly.

Those 2 are upperclassmen can be leading the next great UConn (not good, GREAT).

Reaction Score
Heard Hurley is all over this.

Also looking at a top 30 2019 kid who could reclassify from the tri state. Trying to get a name

Anyone know a top 30 2019 kid that can reclassify to this year?

Reaction Score

Also looking at a top 30 2019 kid who could reclassify from the tri state. Trying to get a name
Anyone know a top 30 2019 kid that can reclassify to this year?
Really weak year for PGs in the Tri State area.

Even widening the parameters to top 100:

CT: None

NY: Cole Anthony (#5), Jalen Lecque (#12, also attends a school in NC)

NJ: Isaiah Wong (#44 on 247)

Reaction Score

The only guys that seem to halfway fit that description are Bryan Antoine (#7 overall) and Lecque. Antoine is about to turn 18 as a JR, so it could be. Sounds like a pipe dream given who is in on him.

There's also a kid from St. Benedict's a little further down the rankings who is 6'8" and listed as a SF. With Wilson, Matthews, Polley already options at SF, one or more would probably go.

Reaction Score
I don't have any info with Lecque, but I have a friend who went to boarding school with Lecque. They're pretty close. Just kinda cool haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom