Akinjo Back???? | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Akinjo Back????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't agree, but if I did, where's the player? We just lost our top two recruits.

I mean, its been a week. Lots of things will play out. We'll lose some players, we'll gain some players. Maybe someone reclassifies from 2019, maybe some grad transfer comes available. Deep breaths.

Two things I know: We will develop players better, and we will have a better in-game coaching. Those two factors alone may win us 5-7 games more than last year.

Reaction Score
I saw Lecque play in March 2017 at a small tri-state area tournament in Port Chester, NY before he had anything beyond low-/mid-major offers. He was far and away one of the better players in the tournament which featured the likes of Sid Wilson pre-St. John's, Isaiah Washington (Minnesota), Jose Alvarado (Georgia Tech), Bryce Wills (Stanford, UConn recruit), Joel Ntambwe (UNLV commit), Precious Achiuwa, and more.

Calling him 6'4" may be a little generous unless he grew a bit over the past year, but he can absolutely slash, get to the hole, and dunk like you wouldn't believe. Had the best dunk of the tournament and scored at will against a team that won the whole thing and was much better than his squad. Hurley recruited him early on at URI and if they have a good relationship, he should be a priority for us without a doubt. Not holding my breath though since practically every school in the country wants him.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Are we? We lost 3 players from last year (so far) and our top 2 recruits (at a minimum). You expect big improvement based on that? If Alterique comes back healthy (which is obviously an uncertainty) it still will be a stretch.

1st of all, we kept our top recruit: Sid Wilson.

We lost a world class stiff in DO, so that's a huge upgrade as those younger guys will get time. And a third ball handler who couldn't really handle it, nor shoot worth a lick.

Have a quality basketball coach will make the team markedly better. All the players retained will improve. If Jalen comes back, I think folks will be surprised at just how well he does with DH.

And if you thought all these incoming frosh were going to play over the more experienced guys, well....

Reaction Score
Tom, Fishy, anybody...can we merge the two Akinjo threads? I'm begging you. TYIA

Reaction Score
Are we? We lost 3 players from last year (so far) and our top 2 recruits (at a minimum). You expect big improvement based on that? If Alterique comes back healthy (which is obviously an uncertainty) it still will be a stretch.
You forget that we add Sid Wilson, and of the three players we're losing, only one had any impact. You also forget we are upgrading the coaching staff, tremendously.

We desperately need a backup PG, other than that, what we (should) bring back, when under the guidance of a good coach, can win some games.

Reaction Score
What a cesspool. Termites ... eating away at the fabric of communities. The System would be better off with Clerks with Psychology degrees. And no judges.

The Good News? You’re not in Manhattan where the Attorney costs $500 per hour and is incentivized to spin it through years.

You want to use attorneys who cost $500 an hour? My dog needs to eat you know!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You want to use attorneys who cost $500 an hour? My dog needs to eat you know!
Wait, your dog is admitted to the bar?
lawyer-corgi.jpg

Reaction Score
I don't agree, but if I did, where's the player? We just lost our top two recruits.

Is this for real? Tyler Polley mark my words has more upside than Daniels. We keep forgetting he was a true freshman this year. Gilbert will be back if healthy could be our best player, Sidney Wilson should contribute. The key will be returning Adams and Carlton. We could have a potential line up of Adams, Gilbert, Wilson, Polley, Carlton with Vital coming off the bench. That's a talented line up if we get a coach who can maximize their potential. Lets calm down and see what unfolds over these next few weeks with the "Hurley name and UConn brand" and if players opt to stay. I highly doubt many had Mathews starting next year and I'm not sure Akinjo would immediately take over the starting role of any of the players I mentioned.

Reaction Score
He was/is extremely close to KO as is the family
Perhaps KO is talking to him about rethinking his decision
KO is not the monster those on here who like to think him to be
He's a very caring and even headed person and beyond the BY - well respected
I don't recall any posts suggesting Ollie personally was a monster.
Worst I read was his lifestyle may have changed after the divorce.
Ollie is a high character guy caught in a position where he gave his employer reason to fire him.
I think most in here simply questioned his ability and commitment to lead this program.

Reaction Score
I mean, its been a week. Lots of things will play out. We'll lose some players, we'll gain some players. Maybe someone reclassifies from 2019, maybe some grad transfer comes available. Deep breaths.

Two things I know: We will develop players better, and we will have a better in-game coaching. Those two factors alone may win us 5-7 games more than last year.
So we're guaranteed to win a minimum of 19-21 games next season. I thought if Ollie was back and with the incoming class and Adams returning we were looking at 21-24 wins. I will be happy with 21 wins from Hurley next season.

Reaction Score
I hate to break it to you, but you are being blocked from seeing most of the good threads. Ask Fishy about it.
He can’t see that thread because I was the one who created it and Tom forced us to ignore each other (which was a great call on his part, should have done it myself a long time ago)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom