2024 Recruiting: - Ahmad Nowell OV 6/8 | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Ahmad Nowell OV 6/8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After the peach jam.. ends in early july

Fake Surprised Season 8 GIF by Friends

Reaction Score
Kentucky is desperate for players. They just signed a 3 star recruit. When was the last time that happened? I'd say realistically it's between us and Kentucky. We better not get Diallo-ed. No coach does less with more than Coach Cal.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Philadelphia (Pa.) Imhotep Institute four-star shooting guard Ahmad Nowell is down to four schools, he tells On3.

Moving forward, the 6-foot-1, 185-pound rising senior will consider Connecticut, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, and Tennessee.

Nowell has officially visited each of his finalists, besides Kentucky. He currently does not have a date scheduled to visit the Wildcats and says he plans to make a decision sometime after EYBL’s Peach Jam, which concludes in early July. The Philly native is currently averaging 13.7 points, 5.0 rebounds, and 4.8 assists per game for Team Final (16-1) on the EYBL Circuit.

UConn: “What stands out to me about UConn is that they are winners. The coaching staff over there is amazing. They know how to win. Coach Dan (Hurley) what players he needs to win and he’s trying to be better at being a coach everyday. Just with those goals, those aspirations, and just the fact that they get their players to the NBA, really stands out to me.”

Kentucky: “What stands out to me the most about Kentucky is the school overall. They’re a great program and they get a lot of players to the NBA. And they become successful in the NBA. All the players that I grew up watching and that I’m still watching, Kentucky really stands out to me the most. Just me being able to possibly be in that position one day if I was able to go there and hopefully make it to the NBA and be a star, because that’s the ultimate goal. Also my teammate Justin Edwards(incoming Kentucky freshman) and him being able to trust those guys.”

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Philadelphia (Pa.) Imhotep Institute four-star shooting guard Ahmad Nowell is down to four schools, he tells On3.

Moving forward, the 6-foot-1, 185-pound rising senior will consider Connecticut, Georgia Tech, Kentucky, and Tennessee.

Nowell has officially visited each of his finalists, besides Kentucky. He currently does not have a date scheduled to visit the Wildcats and says he plans to make a decision sometime after EYBL’s Peach Jam, which concludes in early July. The Philly native is currently averaging 13.7 points, 5.0 rebounds, and 4.8 assists per game for Team Final (16-1) on the EYBL Circuit.

UConn: “What stands out to me about UConn is that they are winners. The coaching staff over there is amazing. They know how to win. Coach Dan (Hurley) what players he needs to win and he’s trying to be better at being a coach everyday. Just with those goals, those aspirations, and just the fact that they get their players to the NBA, really stands out to me.”

Kentucky: “What stands out to me the most about Kentucky is the school overall. They’re a great program and they get a lot of players to the NBA. And they become successful in the NBA. All the players that I grew up watching and that I’m still watching, Kentucky really stands out to me the most. Just me being able to possibly be in that position one day if I was able to go there and hopefully make it to the NBA and be a star, because that’s the ultimate goal. Also my teammate Justin Edwards(incoming Kentucky freshman) and him being able to trust those guys.”
It sucks, but people really need to stop having this argument about Cal and his impact on recruits. The recruits buy the narrative, and that’s all that matters.

pj

Reaction Score
It sucks, but people really need to stop having this argument about Cal and his impact on recruits. The recruits buy the narrative, and that’s all that matters.

I think it's less about Cal than about Kentucky the school. They do have an extensive network beyond the coaching staff. Notice Nowell praised "the school overall" and the "program" not Cal, whereas for UConn he specifically named Dan Hurley.

Reaction Score
I think it's less about Cal than about Kentucky the school. They do have an extensive network beyond the coaching staff. Notice Nowell praised "the school overall" and the "program" not Cal, whereas for UConn he specifically named Dan Hurley.
It’s kind of like praising Skull and Bones at Yale for developing leaders into power lol. Is it Skull and Bones, or is it the fact that they’re already tapping the most elite of the elite to join, and they’d succeed anyway?

KeyWestUC

Southernmost UCONN
Reaction Score
Ahmad Nowell
SG6-1185
-

NEW LEADER​

6/19/23 08:35 AM
connecticut huskies Avatar

#1​

36.7%

#2​

tennessee volunteers Avatar 32.1%

This AM per ON3 Recruiting Prediction Machine (not sure what the inputs are to it but sort of fun to see it change on a daily basis - free.)

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Ahmad Nowell
SG6-1185
-

NEW LEADER​

6/19/23 08:35 AM
connecticut huskies Avatar

#1​

36.7%

#2​

tennessee volunteers Avatar 32.1%

This AM per ON3 Recruiting Prediction Machine (not sure what the inputs are to it but sort of fun to see it change on a daily basis - free.)
I don’t want to be a wet blanket here but that machine is an ai algorithm based on a whole bunch of nothing. It’s best not to pay attention to it.

247 crystal balls are from actual people and would mean a lot more.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Interesting where UK will be
The AI wouldn’t have UK high there because he hasn’t visited. So any other school he’s visited would be ranked higher in their system even though that wouldn’t actually be the case.

It’s a part of the formula they use and insiders at On3 would say that it doesn’t really mean much as well.

Reaction Score
The AI wouldn’t have UK high there because he hasn’t visited. So any other school he’s visited would be ranked higher in their system even though that wouldn’t actually be the case.

It’s a part of the formula they use and insiders at On3 would say that it doesn’t really mean much as well.

That is not always true. Alot of factors play into those lists. Coaching showing up to games, social media, etc....

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
That is not always true. Alot of factors play into those lists. Coaching showing up to games, social media, etc....
That true, but I’d still take it with a grain of salt. It says Kentucky has a less than 1% chance which doesn’t seem like the case in this recruitment and Georgia Tech has a 27% chance.

Crystal Balls on 247 carry A LOT more weight coming from real people. Lol

KeyWestUC

Southernmost UCONN
Reaction Score
I don’t want to be a wet blanket here but that machine is an ai algorithm based on a whole bunch of nothing. It’s best not to pay attention to it.

247 crystal balls are from actual people and would mean a lot more.
Definitely agree with that - they are for entertainment purposes only LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom