Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

Attachments

• 0A3D4384-D9DB-476A-A6D3-B2D602586B8C.jpeg
    0A3D4384-D9DB-476A-A6D3-B2D602586B8C.jpeg
    25.7 KB · Views: 83
Reaction Score
Think it’s fair to say the full court press is on.

Yeah, I'm no insider, but it's that time of the recruiting where I'm kicking my feet up, admiring the work of the staff and taking in stride what comes next...but I'm feeling warm and fuzzy in how we stand with Nowell.

Should he choose UConn, he's a lovely fit. I've said this before, Fland is a better NBA prospect, but in the NCAA, I'd much rather have Nowell.

Reaction Score
UConn: “I love their defensive effort and within the last four to five years they had five draft picks. With me trying to get to the next level that really intrigues me.”

“These schools can’t really do anything to separate themselves at this point. It’s really up to me at this point. I’ve been on all the visits and I just need to take everything under consideration and take my time with it.”

Dont tell the staff they have the opportunity to work harder, Ahmad….bad idea for your other top choices

Reaction Score
“These schools can’t really do anything to separate themselves at this point. It’s really up to me at this point. I’ve been on all the visits and I just need to take everything under consideration and take my time with it.”

Dont tell the staff they have the opportunity to work harder, Ahmad….bad idea for your other top choices
Im confused. In the article he says he wants to visit UK before he commits, but then immediately says he’s been on all his visits already? Which is it

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Im confused. In the article he says he wants to visit UK before he commits, but then immediately says he’s been on all his visits already? Which is it
Seems like a good sign that he set a decision timeline before visiting uk but maybe that’s just wishful thinking

Reaction Score
Ahmad Nowell, Imhotep Charter
Each time I watched Nowell this weekend I came away mostly impressed from the energy he brought on both sides of the ball. Nowell has already developed a name for himself over the years and impressed with the way he moved defenders with his strength, made shots off the dribble, and finished strong around the rim.

Nowell is currently down to a final four which consists of Kentucky, Georgia Tech, UConn, and Tennessee. For Nowell, UConn head coach Dan Hurley and assistant Kimani Young made the trip to watch their priority recruit.

Reaction Score
He’s going to be wearing blue, let‘s just hope it‘s the right shade. Pay attention to who wants you and who thinks they can swoop in without putting in the work (and to be fair, they think that because it has worked so often before for them). I happened to drive past Imhotep yesterday. Meaningless? Yes, of course. But, I did try to throw out some good vibes :)

Reaction Score
Ahmad Nowell, Imhotep Charter
Each time I watched Nowell this weekend I came away mostly impressed from the energy he brought on both sides of the ball. Nowell has already developed a name for himself over the years and impressed with the way he moved defenders with his strength, made shots off the dribble, and finished strong around the rim.

Nowell is currently down to a final four which consists of Kentucky, Georgia Tech, UConn, and Tennessee. For Nowell, UConn head coach Dan Hurley and assistant Kimani Young made the trip to watch their priority recruit.

How do you think his ability to finish around the rim will translate to college? Some of our better PGs at his height have struggled driving into the lane and not finishing (Brown, Kemba his first two years, Gilbert, and Cole come to mind).

Reaction Score
How do you think his ability to finish around the rim will translate to college? Some of our better PGs at his height have struggled driving into the lane and not finishing (Brown, Kemba his first two years, Gilbert, and Cole come to mind).
I think that's a good question for @husky429.

Reaction Score
He’s going to be wearing blue, let‘s just hope it‘s the right shade. Pay attention to who wants you and who thinks they can swoop in without putting in the work (and to be fair, they think that because it has worked so often before for them). I happened to drive past Imhotep yesterday. Meaningless? Yes, of course. But, I did try to throw out some good vibes :)
So Tennessee and GA Tech are unlikely landing spots, that's good at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom