2025 Recruiting: - Agot Makeer | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Agot Makeer

Reaction Score
What you dream of when your 12 doesn't necessarily match who you are at 17. Basketball doesn't have to be your life at UConn but it better be close to that.

Reaction Score
How is it a done deal if she hasn't even visited the campus and the team? She's only visited 2 out of the 6 programs per the article. That feels a tad presumptuous considering who is still in the running.
Seriously? It’s been her dream school since she was a little kid. She notices how UConn is a great lunching pad into the pros. Not every kid who says this comes to Storrs. But a lot of them do.

Reaction Score
Now that she is down to 6, I am starting to like our chances, and feel that if we get one more available spot beyond the one held for Lara, she is probably the highest priority except for Davidson. one wing to go with Gandy, Kellis and Lara should complete the 2025 class.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Seriously? It’s been her dream school since she was a little kid. She notices how UConn is a great lunching pad into the pros. Not every kid who says this comes to Storrs. But a lot of them do.
Someone check her bedroom walls! KK had UConn plastered all over hers.

Reaction Score
Yes seriously. Wasn't UConn a dream school for other high profile players who ended up going elsewhere?

Have nothing against having the confidence that UConn will win out in the end. However considering who else is in consideration, I don't see it as a lock just because Notre Dame isn't in the running.

Reaction Score
Yes seriously. Wasn't UConn a dream school for other high profile players who ended up going elsewhere?

Have nothing against having the confidence that UConn will win out in the end. However considering who else is in consideration, I don't see it as a lock just because Notre Dame isn't in the running.
Hey, when I prognosticate, I don't make the easy call, the merely likely one. That's too easy. I go way out on a limb.

Reaction Score

Wow. That's the second key player from the Crestwood program to leave for another team this off-season. The OSBA landscape is going to be very interesting with respect to high performance development of Canadian athletes.

Reaction Score
Wow. That's the second key player from the Crestwood program to leave for another team this off-season. The OSBA landscape is going to be very interesting with respect to high performance development of Canadian athletes.
I'm a little disappointed that Makeer is leaving Crestwood, although Montverde is a more than interesting destination. Last year Crestwood had an excellent season, with ASGR placing the team 5th in its top 50, even though it's Canadian. I would have thought that if she left Canada, she would join her good friend Savvy Swords at Long Island Lutheran. LuHi, which has seen 4 of its starters leave, has however recruited well in recent weeks, so that the team should still be competitive this year, with 5 new players from the 2026 and 2027 classes joining Swords and Olivia Jones. So far, no senior players will be part of their next edition.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Reaction Score
I'm a little disappointed that Makeer is leaving Crestwood, although Montverde is a more than interesting destination. Last year Crestwood had an excellent season, with ASGR placing the team 5th in its top 50, even though it's Canadian. I would have thought that if she left Canada, she would join her good friend Savvy Swords at Long Island Lutheran. LuHi, which has seen 4 of its starters leave, has however recruited well in recent weeks, so that the team should still be competitive this year, with 5 new players from the 2026 and 2027 classes joining Swords and Olivia Jones. So far, no senior players will be part of their next edition.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I hear you but for what the OSBA league was intended to do, keep talented Canadian kids home, it's frustrating to see her head south. The costs for these US programs aren't cheap either and with the Canadian exchange as it is, I don't know how families pull it off. It would be more than what one woukd pay for some Canadian universities on an annual basis.

Reaction Score
I hear you but for what the OSBA league was intended to do, keep talented Canadian kids home, it's frustrating to see her head south. The costs for these US programs aren't cheap either and with the Canadian exchange as it is, I don't know how families pull it off. It would be more than what one woukd pay for some Canadian universities on an annual basis.
I agree, I don't get it either. Makeer won't get anything at Montverde that she's not already getting at Crestwood other than warm winter weather. Coaching's not any better and the competition is about the same.

Reaction Score
I think with Jazzy's decision and Prawl scheduling visits for 6 of her 8 finalists (but not us) the chances of getting a top wing type for 2025 is pretty much boiling down to Makeer with perhaps a slight chance of Prawl.

Reaction Score
Now that she is down to 6, I am starting to like our chances, and feel that if we get one more available spot beyond the one held for Lara, she is probably the highest priority except for Davidson. one wing to go with Gandy, Kellis and Lara should complete the 2025 class.
I'm hoping the 1st spot is for Agot in the 2025 class.

Reaction Score
I know how much we love to speculate based on Social Media so here's what I gather from Agot's:

-Follows the UCONNWBB account on IG
-Follows Coach Valley and Geno (definitely a good sign IMO)
-Follows former UCONN players turned coaches/former players (Tamika Jeter Williams/Christyn Williams/ONO)
-Follows UCONN players now (PB, Ash, Morgan,Aubrey)

So she's definitely a heckuva lot more interested in us than say, Prawl for example.

Reaction Score
Via 247Sports:

1727796017609.jpeg

1727796038838.jpeg

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Sounds like she’s visiting during the weekend if the exhibition. No better way to see how the team prepares for a game, than actually visiting during a weekend game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom