2025 Recruiting: - Agot Makeer | The Boneyard

2025 Recruiting: Agot Makeer

Reaction Score
2025: Agot Makeer | Top 12 | 6-1 | Wing | 6 #1 | 9 #2 | 9 #3 | WBB Blog | ESPN | maxpreps.com: Bio | fiba.basketball: Bio | usatodayhss.com | youtube.com | News, Images and Videos | The Boneyard | 2024 U17WC: Stats | Highlight2 | Highlight3 | Highlight4 | Highlight5 |

Agot Akol Makeer (Canada: 2024 U17 World Cup: through 2 games):
  • Minutes: 24.5 (3rd)
  • Efficiency: 28.0 (1st)
  • Rebounds: 3.0 (Tie 8th)
  • Assists: 2.0 (Tie 4th)
  • Steals: 5.5 (Tie 1st)
  • Blocks: 0.5 (Tie 3rd)
  • Turnovers: 1.5 (Tie 3rd)
  • 2 Pt %: 69.2% (2nd)
  • 3 Pt %: 53.3% (2nd)
  • FT %: 80.0% (4th)
  • FGA: 14.0 (1st)

Reaction Score
Pretty interesting. I like that she is aggressive on both sides of the floor.
She's an interesting prospect. A dual citizen (US-Can), raised in Thunder Bay Ontario. Don't know much about her training prior to her involvement with Kia Nurse Elite and Crestwood.

Thunder Bay is not exactly a short drive to most places in the province. Heck, technically she's closer to Minnesota and northern Michigan in comparison if she had stayed in Thunder Bay. How our provinces were divided wasn't really logical when you look at Canada on a map. :D

Reaction Score
Thunder Bay is not exactly a short drive to most places in the province. Heck, technically she's closer to Minnesota and northern Michigan in comparison if she had stayed in Thunder Bay. How our provinces were divided wasn't really logical when you look at Canada on a map. :D
I was curious why two of her first visits were to Michigan and Michigan State. I guess this explains it.

Reaction Score
I was curious why two of her first visits were to Michigan and Michigan State. I guess this explains it.
Understandable. Both schools are considered to be a respectable driving distance from the Greater Toronto Area and Thunder Bay.

For some recruits that matters if families can't afford the costs to travel. Especially if one has to fly to get there.

Reaction Score
Understandable. Both schools are considered to be a respectable driving distance from the Greater Toronto Area and Thunder Bay.

For some recruits that matters if families can't afford the costs to travel. Especially if one has to fly to get there.
Not to mention, they're two pretty solid programs. I think Fralick and Michigan State are on the verge of passing Michigan if they haven't already. What they did last year was pretty amazing considering the injuries they had.

Reaction Score
The match that made Agot Makeer's recruitment explodes.

At the Mecca Showcase in New York earlier this year, Agot Makeer had a 40-point game against IMG Academy, which finished 5th in the ESPN National rankings. This match not only had the result of exploding her recruitment, it also greatly contributed to her rise from 60th to 6th in the ESPN 2025 Prospects rankings. Looking at her X account, we can see that the first offer she received came from the University of Miami on July 19, 2022, the offers posted slowly accumulated and she posted them until May 24, 2023, at which point they numbered 13, among them Michigan and Michigan State. Nothing thereafter until she posted her Top 12 on June 26. Of the top 13 offers, only Michigan is still in the running.

Agot Makeer began to make a name for her in 2022 when she joined the Kia Nurse Élite U15 team, which competes in the EYBL. She quickly made a name for herself and the offers started rolling in. Now to find out why she first visited Michigan and Michigan St. I think she was initially interested in Michigan, the eldest of the Swords sisters has committed to Michigan and Agot Makeer is playing with her sister Savannah in the Kia Nurse Elite team for a third consecutive summer and now with the Canadian U17 team, so it's not impossible that there's a connection. Distance must also be a factor, as she plays in Toronto and it's less than 300 miles from there.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Reaction Score
The match that made Agot Makeer's recruitment explodes.

At the Mecca Showcase in New York earlier this year, Agot Makeer had a 40-point game against IMG Academy, which finished 5th in the ESPN National rankings. This match not only had the result of exploding her recruitment, it also greatly contributed to her rise from 60th to 6th in the ESPN 2025 Prospects rankings. Looking at her X account, we can see that the first offer she received came from the University of Miami on July 19, 2022, the offers posted slowly accumulated and she posted them until May 24, 2023, at which point they numbered 13, among them Michigan and Michigan State. Nothing thereafter until she posted her Top 12 on June 26. Of the top 13 offers, only Michigan is still in the running.

Agot Makeer began to make a name for her in 2022 when she joined the Kia Nurse Élite U15 team, which competes in the EYBL. She quickly made a name for herself and the offers started rolling in. Now to find out why she first visited Michigan and Michigan St. I think she was initially interested in Michigan, the eldest of the Swords sisters has committed to Michigan and Agot Makeer is playing with her sister Savannah in the Kia Nurse Elite team for a third consecutive summer and now with the Canadian U17 team, so it's not impossible that there's a connection. Distance must also be a factor, as she plays in Toronto and it's less than 300 miles from there.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

This sentence is confusing. Are you saying Michigan is the only program in the running out of the 12 listed or that she's taken Michigan State out of consideration?

Reaction Score
This sentence is confusing. Are you saying Michigan is the only program in the running out of the 12 listed or that she's taken Michigan State out of consideration?
My mistake. I meant that of the first 13 offers she received, only Michigan is in her Top 12.

Reaction Score
My mistake. I meant that of the first 13 offers she received, only Michigan is in her Top 12.

Are you sure? The Mich State logo is listed in her final 12 post. It's also been noted by some recruiting scouts that she's done two unofficial visits at both schools, including visits this summer.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom