Admit you were Wrong! | The Boneyard

Admit you were Wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Tell me 3 college players, that you BELIEVED could be NBA Stars, and weren't. You don't have to pick on UConn, but can, if you must.

-Troy Bell
-Adam Morrison
-Darius Rice

Reaction Score
I'll go all Williams.

Marvin Williams - really overestimated his talent. I did think the Hawks were crazy to pass on Chris Paul to take him.
Jay Williams - Dookie
Marcus Williams - not a star maybe, but a 10-12 year starter bordering on all star.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Marcus Williams
Eric Montross
Kerry Kittles

Anyone who watched UConn basketball in the mid-90s and says they didn't think Kittles would average 30 a night in the NBA is a liar.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Please refer to my handle. Raise your hand if you were mocking the Magic for drafting Dwight Howard over 'Mek...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Marcus Williams for sure.

Reaction Score
Good topic.

Ryan Gomes
Emeka Okafor (solid player but come on now)
Sheldan Williams

Reaction Score
Emeka and Marcus for sure. I thought Emeka still had plenty of upside and potential to him seeing as he came a long way offensively in college. I figured he would build on his rookie 15-10 numbers, not continually slide backwards. I figured Marcus would have a career on par with Andre Miller or slightly below it, not be out of the league in a few years.

Reaction Score
I thought Earl Clark from Louisville would be good. Thought Beasley would be better but he still has time. Did not think Kevin Love or Russell Westbrook would be this good.

Reaction Score
Very interesting topic:
Billy Owens - I thought he was potentially Magic 2.0
Pearl Washington - had all the 1-on-1 moves
Terry Dehere - Alltime BE leading scorer isn't an NBA success?!

Reaction Score
I was definitely terribly wrong with Greg Oden. I thought he had the size and the ability to become a franchise center which is almost required to win it all these days. Glad it wasn't my team choosing Oden #1 and letting Durant slip to #2. ;)

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Stromile Swift
Robert Traylor

I'll think of another at some point.

Reaction Score
Roy Tarpley
Bo Kimble
Johnnie Selvie

Tarpley was a monster when he entered the NBA. He was a great player. he just wasn't a great player for very long because of personal consumption issues.

Reaction Score
I was definitely terribly wrong with Greg Oden. I thought he had the size and the ability to become a franchise center which is almost required to win it all these days. Glad it wasn't my team choosing Oden #1 and letting Durant slip to #2. ;)
Yeah, Oden definitely. And I thought at the time that he was the better pick over Durant. But in fairness to him, he got injured.

caw

Reaction Score
Donyell Marshall
John Wallace
Marvin Williams
Corey Maggette

Reaction Score
Adam Morrison
Jay Williams
Tim Thomas
Christian Laetner
A. The question was name THREE
B. You violated the rules of the question AND did so to say you had great expectations for one of UConn's most hated opponents?!

Will an offseason hanging possibly help MOJO towards removing the postseason ban??

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Marcus Williams - Would have taken him over Rondo, no question (yikes)
Michael Beasley - I would have taken him over Rose (yikes again)
Mike Sweetney - thought he would be around for a while

A million other guys like Sweetney, but you said to name 3...

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Emeka and Marcus for sure. I thought Emeka still had plenty of upside and potential to him seeing as he came a long way offensively in college. I figured he would build on his rookie 15-10 numbers, not continually slide backwards. I figured Marcus would have a career on par with Andre Miller or slightly below it, not be out of the league in a few years.

I always thought Emeka's ceiling was somewhere between Dale Davis and Buck Williams. His back inuries have really slowed him down though. He just can't jump or move laterally well enough any more. A back injury is the death knell for NBA players.

As for my three?

Randolph Childress
Reggie Williams/David Wingate
Darius Rice

Reaction Score
JR Bremer
Jack McClinton
Marcus Williams

^Top 3, but the others are just notable ones

Luis Flores (very quiet player that played for Manhattan College was keeping track of him throughout 03-04)
Darius Rice (I want to rip his head off each time I think of him)

Reaction Score
I'm going all ACC and depending on how old you are it's vintage fare.

Phil Ford
Randolph Childress
Rodney Monroe

Reaction Score
I'm going all ACC and depending on how old you are it's vintage fare.

Phil Ford
Randolph Childress
Rodney Monroe
Actually I was at Wake for one of the Rodney Rogers years and he was the biggest monster I've ever seen a full season of in person. I though he'd be an NBA star rather than a role player thinking he had strength and left-handedness to make up for lack of length.

Reaction Score
I helped do Rodney's National Player of the year ad campaign just after I graduated from college, he had a good 10 year run in the league but he was not like he was projected to be. Sad story with the motorcycle wreck. Wake had a good run of guys I saw some great players at the Joel as I had season tickets that spanned the end of the Childress era through Duncan's time there.

Actually I was at Wake for one of the Rodney Rogers years and he was the biggest monster I've ever seen a full season of in person. I though he'd be an NBA star rather than a role player thinking he had strength and left-handedness to make up for lack of length.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Please refer to my handle. Raise your hand if you were mocking the Magic for drafting Dwight Howard over 'Mek...

I was totally in this boat and man was I wrong! Howard is clearly the superior defender.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak