Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lawrence Molton

Kendall Gill

Marcus Williams & Josh Boone

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I thought Marcus Williams was going to be an excellent pro. Just an amazing passer and a pretty clutch player too.

Emeka Okafor - 13/10/2 isn't anything to sneeze at but at #2 overall you would have thought he would developed more. The best thing that ever happened to Okafor was Dwight Howard getting picked #1 instead of #2. Okafor and the Magic would have never heard the end of it.

Reaction Score
Scotty Reynolds- thought he would at least make the NBA but that never happend.
Marcus Williams- ...
Adam Morrison- he was the man at Gonzaga

Reaction Score
I could probably list every player I've ever thought would be a hit in the NBA because I'm so bad at it. But here's three:

Walter Berry (thought he had all the offensive moves in the world)
Donyell Marshall (had a long NBA career, but I thought he'd be a perennial all-star with his talent. I still blame JR Rider)
Stacy Augmon (loved his game at UNLV. Thought his defensive game and his ability to finish on the break would make him a star)

Reaction Score
I thought Marcus Williams was going to be an excellent pro. Just an amazing passer and a pretty clutch player too.

Emeka Okafor - 13/10/2 isn't anything to sneeze at but at #2 overall you would have thought he would developed more. The best thing that ever happened to Okafor was Dwight Howard getting picked #1 instead of #2. Okafor and the Magic would have never heard the end of it.

Marcus Williams still has a shot to produce in the league... I haven't given up on him just yet... His best days in the NBA haven't happened yet...

Reaction Score
Scottie Reynolds is somebody who i thought would at least be on an NBA roster. ill always remember being at that game when he put up 40 against us in Gampel. Pretty sure thats a record for that building. When Kemba scored 41 it was at the civic center.

Reaction Score
I have to add Dominick James. I thought he was going to be a stud after his freshman season.

Reaction Score
Tell me 3 college players, that you BELIEVED could be NBA Stars, and weren't. You don't have to pick on UConn, but can, if you must.

-Troy Bell
-Adam Morrison
-Darius Rice

Cup Cormier
Johnnie Time Selvie
Dan Cyrulik

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Yeah, Oden definitely. And I thought at the time that he was the better pick over Durant. But in fairness to him, he got injured.

Hell, what did you expect a 45 year old rookie to do other than get injured?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Anyone in the Fab 5 (other than Chris Webber)
I could never really picture Greg Oden as an NBA star. I always kind of pictured him hanging out with Fred, Bubba, and Grady.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
My greatest disappointment will always be Derrick Coleman. Not sure if DC counts insomuch as he did have a fairly successful and certainly long career, but that guy should have had a Hall of Fame-caliber run.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
A few more names.

Lee Mayberry from Arkansas. Long wing span and fast.
Scott Burrell- I really thought he was gonna have a decade long run as a 10-12 ppg sixth-man and lock down defender. Half and asterik due to injuries.
Anthony Peeler from Mizzu.

Reaction Score
Marvin Barnes
Terry Dehere
Walter Berry - never thought Chris Mullin would be a better pro than his teammate.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Marvin Barnes
Terry Dehere
Walter Berry - never thought Chris Mullin would be a better pro than his teammate.

Terry Dehere... that's a name I haven't heard in a long time. A friend of mine had a bizarre obsession with him in the 90s.

Reaction Score
Surprised nobody has said Hasheem Thabeet yet. I know a lot of people thought he was kind of awkward/scrawny to standout in the NBA, but guys who are 7'3 and athletic like that don't come along very often.

TJ Ford is another guy that comes to mind. True story, I went to one of LeBron's first summer league games in Boston and T.J. Ford put on a show. The crowd was chanting "TJ's better!" throughout the game.

I thought Chris Douglas-Roberts was going to have a nice, long career in the NBA also. He was never too athetic but he had a crafty game that I thought would translate better to the NBA.

Reaction Score
Jonny Flynn - I never thought he'd be an all-star or anything, but I loved his game in college. I thought he had a shot at being a top 10 - 15 type point guard in the league.
Dontae' Jones, Mississippi State 1996 - a little obscure. I just remember him being the most impressive-looking player in the NCAA tournement that year & was thrilled when the Knicks nabbed him in the later part of the 1st round.
Hasheem Thabeet - the improvement he showed from his 1st game as a Husky to his last was massive. I assumed that this would continue in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Kirk Snyder - When Nevada came to Gampel and Snyder had 22 in the preseason NIT, I thought "There's a kid who has a pro game". Now he's in jail.
Marcus Williams - I remember being so happy he was scooped up by the Nets because he was going to learn at the right hand of Jason Kidd. Hasn't panned out that way.
Ben Gordon - Had his moment in the sun in the 09 playoffs against Boston, but career has fallen off a cliff in Detroit. Really thought that duel with Ray was going to be a launching pad for BG. God, what a series that was a UConn and a Celtics fan. Has there ever been a better recruiting video ever? "This is UConn. This is what we do."

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
1) can't believe Preston Shumpert is not in the HOF
2) DWill from Louisville
3) the worst ever, Sam Bowie (at least 3 HOF went after him, MJ, Barkley & Stockton)

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Please refer to my handle. Raise your hand if you were mocking the Magic for drafting Dwight Howard over 'Mek...

guilty guilty guilty

how can anyone pick a high school kid over a collegiate national champion, tournament MOP, defensive POY, played for Calhoun, smart and improving each and every year

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
By the time Marcus Johnson's freshman year was ending, I was expecting he'd make it big in the NBA. I remember at the time the mock draft boards were predicting him to be a lottery pick after his junior season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom