ADB on Hurley Hiring | The Boneyard

ADB on Hurley Hiring

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You know what this athletic department could use?

How about some transparency on how the state funds paying an employee 3 million a year?

You’d think such talented administrators wouldn’t be reduced to ‘pushing back’ against unpaid bloggers.

Why don’t the taxpayers deserve to know the sources of revenue?

If A Dime Back’s reporting is wrong why doesn’t the school show us the math.

Since they do work for us and all.

Reaction Score

How about some transparency on how the state funds paying an employee 3 million a year?

You’d think such talented administrators wouldn’t be reduced to ‘pushing back’ against unpaid bloggers.

Here's what I don't understand:

Why did the school feel the need to deny that donors played a role in the first place?

Why is that a bad thing?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Why did the school feel the need to deny that donors played a role in the first place?

Why is that a bad thing?

It’s more evidence they can’t be trusted with money.

Shouldn’t even be an option that the government can hide their sources of revenue from taxpayers.

Shouldn’t we be aware of potential conflicts of interest? Quid pro quos?

Who would accept this from the department of transportation or law enforcement?

No one.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Boosters are not paying any part of his salary.

It was a rumor that turned out not to be accurate.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

Why is that a bad thing?

Because it makes them look desperate?

Reaction Score
It’s more evidence they can’t be trusted with money.

Shouldn’t even be an option that the government can hide their sources of revenue from taxpayers.

Shouldn’t we be aware of potential conflicts of interest? Quid pro quos?

Who would accept this from the department of transportation or law enforcement?

No one.

I'm going to #sticktosports here and only venture to say that the school would probably argue that "they" (the school itself, the athletic department, the foundation etc) are a separate legal entity from the state and thus aren't subject to disclosure requirements or something like that.

I honestly don't know.

Here's what I do know: in the college sports world, its incredibly tone deaf.

The world knowing that you have big time donors willing to step up to support the AD is a good thing.

Reaction Score

Everyone else is celebrating the Hurley hire this week and you have gone to a new level of misery. Throw your computer against the wall and get some sun tomorrow.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Everyone else is celebrating the Hurley hire this week and you have gone to a new level of misery. Throw you r computer against the wall and get some sun tomorrow.

I’m quite happy about Hurley.

Now explain why we don’t have the right to understand how his contract is funded.

You’ll do better in debates when you actually discuss the topics and don’t just lash out because you don’t like what someone is saying.

Reaction Score
Random question but noticed the donor piece in the article.

How does one donate to the program but also get credit towards season tickets and what not? I’m a young alumni and haven’t contributed anything yet but I’m in a good spot and ready to start giving some $

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I’m quite happy about Hurley.

Now explain why we don’t have the right to understand how his contract is funded.

You’ll do better in debates when you actually discuss the topics and don’t just lash out because you don’t like what someone is saying.

You're complaining about the finances for the only sport in the entire state that has traditionally produced a net gain. Hurley makes less than Ollie and will sell more tickets.

Why does CCSU even have a football team? Now there is something to complain about, not UCONN basketball.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You're complaining about the finances for the only sport in the entire state that has traditionally produced a net gain. Hurley makes less than Ollie and will sell more tickets.

Why does CCSU even have a D1 football team? Now there is something to complain about, not UCONN basketball.

I’m asking why a blungling leadership team that works for the state government isn’t required to be transparent.

Are you completely braindead? If you don’t think public institutions should be transparent with revenue and spending - good for you - but that makes you a waste of oxygen.

Reaction Score

Why does CCSU even have a D1 football team? Now there is something to complain about, not UCONN basketball.
They're not "paying" any part of his "salary". They're just going to donate to a general athletic fund with a wink and a nod.

I agree with both of these points.

However, in @whaler11 's defense, it is incredibly arrogant of the administration to feel like they don't have to answer questioms like this or feel the need to refute what some bloggers report.

Reaction Score
I’m asking why a blungling leadership team that works for the state government isn’t required to be transparent.

Are you completely braindead? If you don’t think public institutions should be transparent with revenue and spending - good for you - but that makes you a waste of oxygen.

and you sir are a mental defective and you prove it every day on this message board.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
and you sir are a mental defective and you prove it every day on this message board.

Like I said. You don’t ever actually argue the topic you just attack me.

Tell us some more about how UConn is going to the Big 10. LOL.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I agree with both of these points.

However, in @whaler11 's defense, it is incredibly arrogant of the administration to feel like they don't have to answer questioms like this or feel the need to refute what some bloggers report.

Allowing the athletic department to accept what is essentially dark money is ridiculous.

It opens the entire university up to be manipulated by anonymous donors.

If a donor bails SuzieLax and DB out of a mess - what do they get in return?

If anyone is stupid enough to think they don’t collect...

As for CCSU in my opinion they should sponsor men’s and women’s basketball and plow the rest of the dollars they waste into student wellness and recreation.

But moran metsfan doesnt get my issue isn’t with what Hurley makes - it’s that we don’t see the math.

Reaction Score
the money to pay Hurley is coming from the money that was going to pay Ollie before he got fired and Hurley makes less. What do I win for figuring that out by myself?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Allowing the athletic department to accept what is essentially dark money is ridiculous.

It opens the entire university up to be manipulated by anonymous donors.

If a donor bails SuzieLax and DB out of a mess - what do they get in return?

If anyone is stupid enough to think they don’t collect...

As for CCSU in my opinion they should sponsor men’s and women’s basketball and plow the rest of the dollars they waste into student wellness and recreation.

But moran metsfan doesnt get my issue isn’t with what Hurley makes - it’s that we don’t see the math.

My plan for funding the AD:

Let George Soros know that the Koch brothers fund Witchita State and that we provide the perfect platform to counter them.

#guapoforad

Reaction Score
Random question but noticed the donor piece in the article.

How does one donate to the program but also get credit towards season tickets and what not? I’m a young alumni and haven’t contributed anything yet but I’m in a good spot and ready to start giving some $
Follow up question: I donated for the first time this Fall as part of my company donation drive, I have not heard anything as of yet from UConn but received confirmation the $$ was sent. When should I expect to hear anything if it all?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom