Adams | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Adams

Reaction Score
You can hope whatever you want. Adams looked great yesterday and the guy was comparing him to Donnell Beverly. Adams is a far better player than Beverly ever was.
You're viewing my comments the wrong way. I am the biggest Adams supporter on this board. I will continue to say this, Adams scored 1,500 plus points in HS. He's no slouch. The dude can ball. He's a big weapon, asset for this team. You don't just make up 6'4" guards that can dribble drive and shoot. Adams is a weapon. Not to mention he is a lockdown defender. Just look at what he did yesterday with Vital on Cinci's best player.

Reaction Score
You're viewing my comments the wrong way. I am the biggest Adams supporter on this board. I will continue to say this, Adams scored 1,500 plus points in HS. He's no slouch. The dude can ball. He's a big weapon, asset for this team. You don't just make up 6'4" guards that can dribble drive and shoot. Adams is a weapon. Not to mention he is a lockdown defender. Just look at what he did yesterday with Vital on Cinci's best player.

You viewed MY comment the wrong way. Some clown was comparing Adams to Donnell Beverly. Beverly was a role player who never scored more than eight points or had more than 5 assists in a game. Clearly, Adams is a much more impactful player than that. So no, I wasn't being sarcastic when I asked the guy how Adams looked yesterday, as his performance was a notch above anything Beverly ever did, and Adams is only a Soph.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
BADass =
1581395111711.png

Reaction Score
You viewed MY comment the wrong way. Some clown was comparing Adams to Donnell Beverly. Beverly was a role player who never scored more than eight points or had more than 5 assists in a game. Clearly, Adams is a much more impactful player than that. So no, I wasn't being sarcastic when I asked the guy how Adams looked yesterday, as his performance was a notch above anything Beverly ever did, and Adams is only a Soph.
Sorry I was on a power trip. Didn't mean to take it out on you. I get your view now. Beverly was a role player. His best game came against Indiana at Indiana. Still remember that game vividly all those years ago. Donnell was a great role player during his time. Adams is most definitely a much better and more significant piece to this team and will be a big player the rest of his career for sure.

Reaction Score
How did Adams look yesterday?

I'm a clown while you're arguing with Adams' biggest fan. He had a good game but he's also averaging 7 points a game on a 13-10 team that plays in a mid major conference. He would've never been recruited by Calhoun so I'd say the Beverly comparison is more than fair.

Reaction Score
I'm a clown while you're arguing with Adams' biggest fan. He had a good game but he's also averaging 7 points a game on a 13-10 team that plays in a mid major conference. He would've never been recruited by Calhoun so I'd say the Beverly comparison is more than fair.

Donnell Beverly averaged 1.7 points as a senior. Adams is averaging 7 points as a Sophomore. Your comparison is way off base. Adams is FAR more talented than Beverly was.
Adams just scored 16 points against a Cincinnati team that was atop the conference, and he still has 2 plus seasons to play.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Donnell Beverly averaged 1.4 points as a senior. Adams is averaging 7 points as a Sophomore. Your comparison is way off base. Adams is FAR more talented than Beverly was.

I don't even think Beverly was a good player but he played on far better teams in a much better conference. Adams wouldn't have even been on those rosters never mind seen the floor. I'm a UConn fan and I wish Adams the best the rest of the season but wouldn't mind seeing him transfer.

Reaction Score
I don't even think Beverly was a good player but he played on far better teams in a much better conference. Adams wouldn't have even been on those rosters never mind seen the floor. I'm a UConn fan and I wish Adams the best the rest of the season but wouldn't mind seeing him transfer.
The kid just scored 16 points off the bench in a big win over a team that had beaten UConn 8 straight times and you "wouldn't mind seeing him transfer". Amazing.

Reaction Score
The kid just scored 16 points off the bench in a big win over a team that had beaten UConn 8 straight times and you "wouldn't mind seeing him transfer". Amazing.

Yeah I'd like to win a Big East Championship and go to the NCAAT. In order to do that we need a talent upgrade to the current roster.

Reaction Score
Yeah I'd like to win a Big East Championship and go to the NCAAT. In order to do that we need a talent upgrade to the current roster.

The kid just scored 16 off the bench and added 5 rebounds against a good Cincinnati team, as a Soph. That's plenty talented for a 4th or 5th guard. It gives UConn great depth, something that has been missing for a long time.

By the way, Adams has 161 points so far this season, as a Soph. Beverly scored 153 points in his ENTIRE UConn career. Your comparison is laughable.

Last edited:

caw

Reaction Score

different players but I would say Austrie like contribution is more likely for Adams (at a minimum). Have to see if Adams can continue to improve and adjust to a harder schedule next year.

Reaction Score
The kid just scored 16 off the bench and added 5 rebounds against a good Cincinnati team, as a Soph. That's plenty talented for a 4th or 5th guard. It gives UConn great depth, something that has been missing for a long time.

By the way, Adams has 161 points so far this season, as a Soph. Beverly scored 153 points in his ENTIRE UConn career. Your comparison is laughable.

Since you like stats and numbers let me give you some. Adams averaged 5.5 points a game against Xavier and Nova this season. He also didn't score a single point in the Florida and Indiana games. As I said in my original post, if he's playing significant minutes next year we won't be contending for a conference championship nor a NCAAT bid. But I hope he can build off of his Cincy performance and help us finish this year on a good note.

Reaction Score
Since you like stats and numbers let me give you some. Adams averaged 5.5 points a game against Xavier and Nova this season. He also didn't score a single point in the Florida and Indiana games. As I said in my original post, if he's playing significant minutes next year we won't be contending for a conference championship nor a NCAAT bid. But I hope he can build off of his Cincy performance and help us finish this year on a good note.

You were wrong, but you just keep digging. Find me ONE game by Beverly in his entire UConn career that equals or exceeds what Adams did on Sunday. You can't, because it doesn't exist. Even the games YOU selected against Xavier and Villanova show Adams to have vastly more impact than Beverly did.

Adams is very good for a reserve guard. We are very fortunate to have depth like that for both this season and the next 2 seasons when Cole becomes eligible.

Reaction Score
You were wrong, but you just keep digging. Find me ONE game by Beverly in his entire UConn career that equals or exceeds what Adams did on Sunday. You can't, because it doesn't exist. Even the games YOU selected against Xavier and Villanova show Adams to have vastly more impact than Beverly did.

Adams is very good for a reserve guard. We are very fortunate to have depth like that for both this season and the next 2 seasons when Cole becomes eligible.

I said he'd be a Beverly type on a good team. Beverly's teams would've destroyed this UConn team. Beverly would've got more playing time on this team and had his moments too. In the end, I could care less that you don't like my Beverly comparison.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

'bass, you scored a knockout. Now you're just taking an unconscious dude and smashing their head repeatedly into the turn buckle.

Please stop!! It's a horrific scene.

Reaction Score
'bass, you scored a knockout. Now you're just taking an unconscious dude and smashing their head repeatedly into the turn buckle.

Please stop!! It's a horrific scene.

Beverly shut down Eric Gordon though

Reaction Score
We should leave the JA / DB debate until Adams’s senior year. To me he’s already a better player but by year 4 I predict this debate won’t even come up.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Nice to see somebody sticking up for you, even if it's yourself.

This isn't the time to be jockeying for who has the better take on a teenage sophomore who will be the, "Who was Hurley's first recruit?" answer no matter how it plays out over time.

There's a game tomorrow.
Go Huskies.

Fwiw, Badams surpassed Beverly's career scoring total during the first week of December.

Edit: Needless post, I now see.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I said he'd be a Beverly type on a good team. Beverly's teams would've destroyed this UConn team. Beverly would've got more playing time on this team and had his moments too. In the end, I could care less that you don't like my Beverly comparison.

It's couldn't care less, Einstein.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

This reflects a complete misunderstanding of the game of college basketball. It amazes me that people can still be so obtuse about "talent" based on some dweeb's ranking of a high school player. Especially a year after zero star Ja Morant went #2 in the draft and Tennessee went to the final four in 2018 without a single four star on the roster. Experience >>>> "Talent" and Skills >>>>> athletic ability.

Adams is exactly the kind of player Hurley won with at URI and exactly the kind of player major programs win with because they stay for four years. Remember Frank Mason at Kansas? 3 star recruit, not athletic. Was the best guard in the country his senior year. Rob Gray last year at Houston? 3 star senior guard. Jarrett Culver last year for TT, 3 star guard, now with the Timberwolves.

Adams got good coaching in the offseason. He's not super quick and can't get up like Bouknight can. So he realized he can create strength without reducing his athleticism, and create a different kind of advantage. By next year he's going to post up any skinny or short guards who cover him. He's a tough defender and plays a Marcus Smart type role on this team guarding different positions. Kid is a beast and will wreak havoc on the Big East two years from now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom