Adams | The Boneyard

Adams

Reaction Score
Started the season looking like he was a different player, what has happened? His shooting is off and he's not having the impact I thought he would.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
He has looked atrocious on both ends of the floor the last few games. Unplayable.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
He a very streaky player but is young and all the young guys, including Bouk, have been streaky at best
It's also a disease that has an effect on the whole team
There is no go to player on this team this season
Things may change in years to come

Reaction Score
If he could find a way to make a couple of his shots a game it would be a huge help. He's going to take the, just needs to make a couple here and there.

Reaction Score
I was expecting way more from him. He was a 1,500 plus point scorer in high school. Haven't quite seen that offensive game from him yet.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
He's a 7th or 8th man on a NCAA level team. Early in the season against lower D1 talent, he can use his physicality and get a running start at hoop. Better teams make him play side to side. And he can't shoot consistently. Hence, inconsistent results.

Reaction Score
He plays like he's a shooter, but he has a very unconventional shot and gets very little rotation. He can be a spark off of the bench once in a while, but he is extremely inconsistent.

Reaction Score
Adams shot looked awful last night maybe the pressure of the start got to him. I see him as a spark plug guy off the bench going forward. He could play the 2/3 or even a little 1 so minutes will be there.
I think he is pressing a bit on offense .

Reaction Score
BA is a hard worker. Brendan has been up and down but I see a lot of improvement from his freshman season . Each year he'll provide more for the team. If he stay thru year 4 I think we will all appreciate his value.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
In the long ago, the typical player didn’t really mature until junior year. I think there are still a bunch of guys who still need that amount of time. There certainly is more pressure and fan expectation for kids to be big time ready sooner and some aren’t but it doesn’t mean never. Adams has had its moments.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
His assigned role keeps changing and that probably messes with him a bit. It doesn't explain all of the inconsistency, but it can't help. The start last night was very surprising to me. That's not a knock on him or on Hurley's decision. It's just that you wouldn't expect a guard to start in place of Akok.

Reaction Score
No one on this team has shown consistency. Adams can contribute when he isn't scoring but his offense seems to affect his defense.

Reaction Score
Everyone got excited when he won the summer weightlifting competition and looked so good in the early part of the season but he hasn't done much for the past month or more. We all felt he was Jaylyn incarnate early on.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
glue guy is fine as pie. mr 'all 5 positions in a pinch' is a welcome addition to our team.
he could prolly coach a bit too, if dan came down with the bug. and speaking of coaches, did anyone else notice that the suits outnumbered the jerseys for our gang at tulsa? pretty funny. lol.

Last edited:

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Started the season looking like he was a different player, what has happened? His shooting is off and he's not having the impact I thought he would.
He should stop settling for shooting the 3 and attack the basket relentlessly. I'm not saying he is or will be, but he could play like Dyson did. Not a great three point shooter but great at attacking the rim and playing great defense

Reaction Score
I too expected more from him early in his career. I guess 7th man is kinda his ceiling and we should judge him accordingly.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Nothing has happened to his game. he's going through a dry spell. Shot's not falling. This thread is another example of the 'Boneyard Rush to Judgement" . We are a bipolar group where one good game can anoint a player a the 'savior of the season' and another game or two and it's "stick a fork in this one, He's done." Love you guys you're just like me.

Reaction Score
Maybe I’m wrong, but Adams really struggled last year. He didn’t look like he belonged anywhere near a D1 court! His improvement over last year was incredible. Assuming he worked hard to improve, makes sense he will do it again. I expect him to be a solid contributor next year. Little better shooter, little tighter handle, physical defense ... he should be fine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom