Adam's Takes the Fourth (But that is not what I noticed.) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Adam's Takes the Fourth (But that is not what I noticed.)

Reaction Score
Circumstances outside of basketball impact these decisions sometimes. All he’s announced is that he’s declaring without an agent, meaning that he’s leaving that door open for a reason. Let him go through his process and we’ll cross the CV leaving bridge when he actually announces he’s leaving

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Circumstances outside of basketball impact these decisions sometimes. All he’s announced is that he’s declaring without an agent, meaning that he’s leaving that door open for a reason. Let him go through his process and we’ll cross the CV leaving bridge when he actually announces he’s leaving

Always can count on you Ant

Reaction Score
Rodney is a couple inches taller and a billion times more athletic than CV and with their similar basketball abilities, is still a fringe NBA player. If anything that should inspire CV to get a degree.
Rodney was a super athlete coming out of high school. During his years at UConn he was probably the best pure athlete on the team. He was in college for five years and left here a full grown man.
Vital was an afterthought with limited hype who got an opportunity due to injury but to his credit took advantage of the situation. Even in his freshman year he saw limited minutes until the second half of the season . His famous FT’s to ice Cuse in the Garden were his only points of that game.
Still last year he was strictly catch and shoot even in the second half of the year.
This year remember he is still a sophomore he was the second leading scorer and leading rebounder. But amazingly you saw the early signs of a floor game and even a limited ability to create. My sadness in his leaving ,is for a kid his kind of growth in two years is phenomenal and rare .Watching that kind of development for Old BB guys like me is one of the reasons I love the game.
He didn’t improve without hard work and self confidence. I doubt he is scared by the recruits we brought in. A Freshman and a guy who loves coming off the bench who can play point.
As a freshman he wasn’t suppose to contribute but did
As a sophomore he was consigned by many to the bench but ended up averaging more PPG than Larrier.
If he stays and grows as much his junior and senior year I wouldn’t rule out this kid making significant money in the future. Why not , he is the classic he isn’t good enough to play guy that relishes proving the experts wrong.
CV come back I can’t wait to see the finished product.

Reaction Score
CV seems like the kind of guy who would say I can beat out these new guys. Not someone to tuck his tail and run. That's just my impression of him. All we can do is wait and see what happens. I can not imagine Hurley telling CV to take a hike. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Reaction Score
Posters literally implied the same thing about Adams 2 days ago.

Yeah that's flat out not true, because Vitals post on instagram literally says he's come to terms with the decision that he's entering the draft. I'm assuming he meant he had come to terms with the fact that he's entering his name in the draft without hiring an agent, because I assume that if he meant that at this point it would be public knowledge that he's gone and we're recruiting for another guard.

Adams never shared anything cryptic telling us he's gone, I thought all of his cryptic posts were about coming back

Reaction Score
Yeah that's flat out not true, because Vitals post on instagram literally says he's come to terms with the decision that he's entering the draft. I'm assuming he meant he had come to terms with the fact that he's entering his name in the draft without hiring an agent, because I assume that if he meant that at this point it would be public knowledge that he's gone and we're recruiting for another guard.

Adams never shared anything cryptic telling us he's gone, I thought all of his cryptic posts were about coming back
It is definitely true lol. I’m not saying you thought that. But the vast majority of posters in the Jalen Adams video thread thought his video was announcing his departure. Because of the video preview. Not worth arguing about though. I hope CV makes the same decision Adams made

Reaction Score
Like mentioned in the other thread CV isn't as good of a shooter or athlete as Rodney now and he can't play PG so at 6'2" at best he won't have a position without that skill set.

Yes... that’s why I said they’re different players.

Reaction Score
He did announce that he's leaving. He can announce that he changed his mind and is coming back. But he said "I will enter the draft".

That's leaving.

Reaction Score
It is definitely true lol. I’m not saying you thought that. But the vast majority of posters in the Jalen Adams video thread thought his video was announcing his departure. Because of the video preview. Not worth arguing about though. I hope CV makes the same decision Adams made
Adams wasn't even considering leaving.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
If his decision is final and he's leaving, then why doesn't he just make an official announcement? Can anyone think of a good reason for that?

Reaction Score
If his decision is final and he's leaving, then why doesn't he just make an official announcement? Can anyone think of a good reason for that?

There's basically no upside in closing off the possibility of returning.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
CV seems like the kind of guy who would say I can beat out these new guys. Not someone to tuck his tail and run. That's just my impression of him. All we can do is wait and see what happens. I can not imagine Hurley telling CV to take a hike. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Vital would have left last year if MAL had not decommitted. I don’t think a battle for playing time is something he’s interested in.

His professional options will be between bad and worse. Unless he wants to play somewhere for something in the very low five-figures in a place he cannot pronounce, his best bet is to return to college ball, here or elsewhere.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I still think that his buddy Jalen told him it was good to get the extra one 0n one time with Coach Hurley, so CV climbed on board. I don't think it is more than that.

JMO though.

Reaction Score
That’s not leaving.....
Okay, he's announced that he's foregoing the rest of his eligibility...until he doesn't. When he doesn't get drafted, he can stay in school and not play for UConn...since he's "not leaving".

It absolutely is. Until he announces he's withdrawn his name, he's announced that he is leaving.

It's like you're arguing that a player isn't committed until he's enrolled. Nobody said he no longer has eligibility, they're talking about him leaving, because he said he was leaving. We can talk about a player being on the team last year if he's committed. If he backs out, then we can talk about him not being on the team next year. But as of today, Vital will not be on the team next year.

I've said several times I fully expect him to pull his name out and "decide" to stay. But if someone is talking about him being gone, they aren't crazy, it's because he said he'd be gone.

Reaction Score
Okay, he's announced that he's foregoing the rest of his eligibility...until he doesn't. When he doesn't get drafted, he can stay in school and not play for UConn...since he's "not leaving".

It absolutely is. Until he announces he's withdrawn his name, he's announced that he is leaving.

It's like you're arguing that a player isn't committed until he's enrolled. Nobody said he no longer has eligibility, they're talking about him leaving, because he said he was leaving. We can talk about a player being on the team last year if he's committed. If he backs out, then we can talk about him not being on the team next year. But as of today, Vital will not be on the team next year.

I've said several times I fully expect him to pull his name out and "decide" to stay. But if someone is talking about him being gone, they aren't crazy, it's because he said he'd be gone.
I didn’t say anyone was crazy for discussing it. And he hasn’t said he’ll be gone. Until that deadline passes he’s actually still a college player. Hiring an agent is saying you’ll be gone

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I didn’t say anyone was crazy for discussing it. And he hasn’t said he’ll be gone. Until that deadline passes he’s actually still a college player. Hiring an agent is saying you’ll be gone
Semantics. You’re basically arguing that a player who is committed but isn’t signed shouldn’t be discussed as if he was committed. That’s why you’re mocking the people saying he’s gone. Sure, until he hires and agent or the deadline passes, he’s a college player. But the kid said he’s in the draft. So people are taking him at his word and discussing the fact that he’s in the draft.

And you mocked people who reacted to that news as comparable to Adams’ announcement of his announcement. Those posters overreacted. That’s not an apples to apples comparison of what Vital did in any way.

Reaction Score
I don’t understand this thread title. Adams takes the fourth? Are you talking about his constitutional right against unreasonable search and seizures?

Edit: I guess I should say that I don’t get the article title.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
The Boneyard always continues to amaze me. I don't post a lot of stuff in general because I don't have any kind of information beyond what I can read either here or in articles. Most of the time, by the time I get around to reading it, people have already posted most of everything that can be said about it.

But the ability and desire to post to the death based on a personal conclusion to vague or incomplete data is really a talent in the Boneyard, particularly when two such minded people have reached different conclusion with some weird idea that if they simply post the same things enough times, they will convince the other person that their conclusion is wrong.

We are a very special bunch.

Reaction Score
The Article sure makes it sound that way. Leading to the obvious question -- is that what Vital wants to do, or has he been told that minutes may not be there for him at UConn by the new staff?
I loved Vital's toughness and tenacious nature but he took some really awful shots. Shots where our other guys weren't even in position to rebound. I'm guessing that isn't gonna fly with this staff, and was told so.

Reaction Score
I loved Vital's toughness and tenacious nature but he took some really awful shots. Shots where our other guys weren't even in position to rebound. I'm guessing that isn't gonna fly with this staff, and was told so.
I expect quite a few Calhoun-esque quick hooks from Hurley.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom