Adam's Takes the Fourth (But that is not what I noticed.) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Adam's Takes the Fourth (But that is not what I noticed.)

Reaction Score
Vital would have left last year if MAL had not decommitted. I don’t think a battle for playing time is something he’s interested in.

His professional options will be between bad and worse. Unless he wants to play somewhere for something in the very low five-figures in a place he cannot pronounce, his best bet is to return to college ball, here or elsewhere.
Well if he is serious, he had better start soon with Turkish lessons.

Reaction Score
Semantics. You’re basically arguing that a player who is committed but isn’t signed shouldn’t be discussed as if he was committed. That’s why you’re mocking the people saying he’s gone. Sure, until he hires and agent or the deadline passes, he’s a college player. But the kid said he’s in the draft. So people are taking him at his word and discussing the fact that he’s in the draft.

And you mocked people who reacted to that news as comparable to Adams’ announcement of his announcement. Those posters overreacted. That’s not an apples to apples comparison of what Vital did in any way.
I mocked someone? Interesting. I gave my opinion. I think ppl who are fretting about him being gone are a little premature. Why you felt mocked by that is beyond me

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Vital would have left last year if MAL had not decommitted. I don’t think a battle for playing time is something he’s interested in.

His professional options will be between bad and worse. Unless he wants to play somewhere for something in the very low five-figures in a place he cannot pronounce, his best bet is to return to college ball, here or elsewhere.
Does anyone else find it odd that a kid doesn't want to compete for playing time on a rather under talented UConn team but would rather compete for playing time on an NBA level? Just saying.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Does anyone else find it odd that a kid doesn't want to compete for playing time on a rather under talented UConn team but would rather compete for playing time on an NBA level? Just saying.
He's not going to be competing for time on the NBA level.

Reaction Score
I mocked someone? Interesting. I gave my opinion. I think ppl who are fretting about him being gone are a little premature. Why you felt mocked by that is beyond me

Because it's exactly the kind of post one would make when leaving somewhere. Not exactly wild speculation, is it?

Posters literally implied the same thing about Adams 2 days ago.

You want to choose a different word than mocked, feel free. Misrepresented works too. You used the over-reaction to Adams to discredit the reaction to CV. And you implied that if one took CV at his word, then that person also assumed Adams' wasn't coming back. You didn't quote anyone, you just made a blanket statement. In a mocking tone. Do with that what you will.

I happen to think CV is coming back too. But he put his name in the draft, so talking about him as if he's going to be in the draft, is absolutely nothing like assuming Adams was going to announce that he was entering the draft too.

Reaction Score
You want to choose a different word than mocked, feel free. Misrepresented works too. You used the over-reaction to Adams to discredit the reaction to CV. And you implied that if one took CV at his word, then that person also assumed Adams' wasn't coming back. You didn't quote anyone, you just made a blanket statement. In a mocking tone. Do with that what you will.

I happen to think CV is coming back too. But he put his name in the draft, so talking about him as if he's going to be in the draft, is absolutely nothing like assuming Adams was going to announce that he was entering the draft too.
Took CV at his word? HE HASNT SAID HE’S LEAVING.Youre implying that. He’s said he’s testing the draft for feedback. And Again you’re choosing to ignore my overall point which I made very clear. I don’t see the sense in fretting over him leaving when he hasn’t said he’s leaving. I made the same point in the Adams thread hence my connection. Two situations don’t have to be identical for there to be correlating ideas. But you know that. And You can decipher tone from text? Dude you’re good

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Again you’re choosing to ignore my overall point which I made very clear. I don’t see the sense in fretting over him leaving when he hasn’t said he’s leaving. I made the same point in the Adams thread hence my connection. Two situations don’t have to be identical for there to be correlating ideas. But you know that. And You can decipher tone from text? Dude you’re good
Yes I can. Your's is sarcastic.

They don't have to be identical. But they aren't even close. One said he's making an announcement, the other said he's entering the draft.

Okay, so the next time a player commits, i certainly hope you don't talk about what impact he'll have on the team. Because he hasn't said he's signing an LOI, and hasn't signed an LOI. He has only said that he's committed, and therefore it's an over-reaction to talk about him actually playing on the team.

Reaction Score
Yes I can. Yours is sarcastic.

They don't have to be identical. But they aren't even close. One said he's making an announcement, the other said he's entering the draft.

Okay, so the next time a player commits, i certainly hope you don't talk about what impact he'll have on the team. Bbecause he hasn't said he's signing an LOI, only that he's committed, and therefore it's an over-reaction to talk about him actually playing on the team.
I don’t think you understand what sarcastic means. I said what I said and was very clear about it. No sarcasm or mocking at all. You’re the only one who took it that way. Toughen up. Oh and you’re point makes ZERO sense

Reaction Score
He’s said he’s testing the draft for feedback.

That's not what he said. He said: "I have come to peace with the decision that I will enter the 2018 NBA draft".

Perhaps you're not as intelligent as I gave you credit for. That's the same thing as a HS recruit saying "I have committed to play for UConn". Until the recruit signs the LOI (and even after he can ask for a release), then he's not guaranteed to be playing for UConn. But we talk about commits as if they're UConn players.

We're talking about Vital as if he's in the NBA draft, because he said he will be. Until he backs out (like a decommitment) then it's fair to talk about him that way. I suppose you can't understand that because you're t0o busy trying to draw parallels between the reaction to an announcement of an announcement to a player actually putting his name in the draft.

I don’t think you understand what sarcastic means. I said what I said and was very clear about it. No sarcasm or mocking at all. You’re the only one who took it that way. Toughen up. Oh and you’re point makes ZERO sense

Also, i'm not upset, just calling out your posts that I disagree with. Toughen up? Now you're pretending to know my state of mind, and tolerance levels? "Dude your good".

You can decipher tone from text? Dude you’re good

No sarcasm or mocking at all.

Nope, none. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t understand this thread title. Adams takes the fourth? Are you talking about his constitutional right against unreasonable search and seizures?

Edit: I guess I should say that I don’t get the article title.

Yeah, I am not sure about the article title either.

Reaction Score
That's not what he said. He said: "I have come to peace with the decision that I will enter the 2018 NBA draft".

Perhaps you're not as intelligent as I gave you credit for. That's the same thing as a HS recruit saying "I have committed to play for UConn". Until the recruit signs the LOI (and even after he can ask for a release), then he's not guaranteed to be playing for UConn. But we talk about commits as if they're UConn players.

We're talking about Vital as if he's in the NBA draft, because he said he will be. Until he backs out (like a decommitment) then it's fair to talk about him that way. I suppose you can't understand that because you're t0o busy trying to draw parallels between the reaction to an announcement of an announcement to a player actually putting his name in the draft.

Also, i'm not upset, just calling out your posts that I disagree with. Toughen up? Now you're pretending to know my state of mind, and tolerance levels? "Dude your good".

Reaction Score

And what you’re saying is equivalent to a recruit saying “I may go to UConn”. Vital has not made a definitive statement either way. So we shouldn’t act as if he has. Simple concept really. I think we were having a pretty civil discussion overall until you weirdly decided to imply I was mocking people lol. I guess people are just more sensitive now a days. What you’re saying isn’t insane, you can choose to react to his comments any way you choose, I just disagree. I’m not in the mood for back and forth snarky comments so I’ll end it here. Have a good day bro(assumption). #GoHuskies

Last edited:

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I don’t understand this thread title. Adams takes the fourth? Are you talking about his constitutional right against unreasonable search and seizures?

I was thinking the SAME thing.

Reaction Score
As long as we are speculating maybe Vital wanted Hurley to tell him there were minutes for him and maybe it didn't happen. I like Vital as a player but the truth is he is not going to be a difference maker in our season either way. We are in big trouble if he comes back and leads the team in rebounding. I wish him well in whatever decision he makes.

Reaction Score

I think it means he takes a fourth year? That is how I read it. I somehow doubt it is about the Fourth Amendment.

Reaction Score
The Article sure makes it sound that way. Leading to the obvious question -- is that what Vital wants to do, or has he been told that minutes may not be there for him at UConn by the new staff?
If he can’t get minutes at UConn, why would he expect to get them in the NBA?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Yeah, I am not sure about the article title either.
Plus, you put an apostrophe before the "'s" (Adam's), and someone put it after (Adams').

With neither possession, contraction, or pluraluzation in play, these both represent some sort of milestone.

Yep, slow news day...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom