Adamec: Christyn Williams to Visit UConn Oct 12-15 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Adamec: Christyn Williams to Visit UConn Oct 12-15

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Not to mention she just played with Meg and Crystal Dangerfield on the U19 team in Italy. Those two would fill our post Gabby and Kia blues...
Yeah, we'll miss Kia and Gabby! They have had great careers, and the best is yet to come. But Charli and Christyn will help ease the pain. Olivia would help in that regard too. :)

Reaction Score
Yeah, we'll miss Kia and Gabby! They have had great careers, and the best is yet to come. But Charli and Christyn will help ease the pain. Olivia would help in that regard too. :)

MIL: not to mention Larry, Russ, The Cous and Wilt :):):):)

Reaction Score
well......she's got to travel to Los Angeles, South Bend, Austin and Knoxville when "everybody" knows she's going to end up in Storrs CT..:rolleyes:

While I agree, Tennessee fans believe they have as much of a chance as UCONN

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While I don't necessarily view CW as an absolute lock, it's about as close as it gets. Making Storrs the last stop and coming in with Collier has everything lined up for a verbal to the Huskies soon thereafter.

Geno, CD and the team do a great job on these recruiting weekends. I will be amazed if CW ends up in LA, South Bend or (god forbid) Knoxville.

Maybe ONO will join the gang for the weekend. That would be perfect. :)

HGN

Reaction Score
While I don't necessarily view CW as an absolute lock, it's about as close as it gets. Making Storrs the last stop and coming in with Collier has everything lined up for a verbal to the Huskies soon thereafter.

Geno, CD and the team do a great job on these recruiting weekends. I will be amazed if CW ends up in LA, South Bend or (god forbid) Knoxville.

Maybe ONO will join the gang for the weekend. That would be perfect. :)
Oldude, I also would love to see ONO join CW visit. It could take on a Stewie , MO , and Tuck look. With similar results over 4 years I think. And Especially on the heels of the 2017 incoming class already onboard.

The only problem could be whether the rest of WCBB start to complain to the NCAA about fairness and refuse to play the season with such a powerhouse dominating for 4 more years......(just kidding). :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I'm not an expert on recruiting. Someone enlighten me. Do kids usually set it up so that their last visit is to the school that is leading for them? I remember something about the primacy effect and recency effect from social psych. In this case, the recency effect would maybe play a role, i.e., will Christyn even remember that much about UCLA after such a whirlwind of back to back visits? Christyn's visit schedule sounds mind-twisting. It may be easier just to throw your hands up and go with the school which is most recent and vivid in your mind. I'm sure UConn puts on an impressive visit, with all the spectators at practice and with Geno's spiel about UConn's greatness, etc. Someone should do a study on the degree of correlation between "last visit" and ultimate choice.

As a Texas fan, I'm glad we wormed our way into the top 5. You never know, but, like everyone else, I am expecting CW to choose UConn.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I'm not an expert on recruiting. Someone enlighten me. Do kids usually set it up so that their last visit is to the school that is leading for them? I remember something about the primacy effect and recency effect from social psych. In this case, the recency effect would maybe play a role, i.e., will Christyn even remember that much about UCLA after such a whirlwind of back to back visits? Christyn's visit schedule sounds mind-twisting. It may be easier just to throw your hands up and go with the school which is most recent and vivid in your mind. I'm sure UConn puts on an impressive visit, with all the spectators at practice and with Geno's spiel about UConn's greatness, etc. Someone should do a study on the degree of correlation between "last visit" and ultimate choice.

As a Texas fan, I'm glad we wormed our way into the top 5. You never know, but, like everyone else, I am expecting CW to choose UConn.

This falls under "save the best for last". This is ingrained in humanity. :cool:

images

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

I don't know about the kids, but as a salesman, I always wanted to make my pitch last. I'm sure if you asked Geno, he would prefer to be last on CW's list.

HGN

Reaction Score

Gamer , I think it has something to do with the 'odds'....I would venture to say that if a study was done it would show that a recruit signs more with the 'last school visited' more so than the
first school. Or 2nd..... AND , probably more so than not , most coach's put on their BEST recruiting pitch to get that recruit to commit while on the visit. Knowing that once they leave campus the odds of the recruit committing to your school declines. Thus , increasing the 'odds' of them committing someplace else.

After all said and done , its certainly no guarantee that Williams will commit to UConn , but the odds are now in their favor.

JMHO.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
For some uncommitted recruits (in all sports), even though they schedule several official visits, they end up committing to the first or second school they visit officially, and then cancel all their remaining official visits. Don't think that will be the case with Christyn, as she seems intent on making all 5 official visits.

Reaction Score

just remember the old saying ..............if you move to Los Angeles your IQ immediately drops by 20 points.......... playing basketball in Knoxville is the equivalent of moving to Los Angeles.......

Reaction Score
I don't know about the kids, but as a salesman, I always wanted to make my pitch last. I'm sure if you asked Geno, he would prefer to be last on CW's list.

I'm envisioning theses coaches as car salesmen..........you know the ones that won't let you walk out of the dealership without making a deal.......

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm envisioning theses coaches as car salesmen.....you know the ones that won't let you walk out of the dealership without making a deal..
You are probably right. Especially coaches who feel that maybe she favors UCONN. I have also heard in interviews that Geno sometimes gets frustrated when HE feels the kid should pull the trigger and verbal, but the kid is not ready yet. Maybe he feels like "we've done this dance for a while now. Time to poop or get off the pot"...

Reaction Score
I used up all my recruiting angst on Megan and the bottom of the reservoir is still nearly dry. Has anyone started the argument about "she likes football so much" yet?

just between you and me, I thought CW was a UConn lock when she first visited the school but she has widened her recruiting horizons in the past months..............I would still give UConn an edge but would not be surprised if she chose another school.............

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
just between you and me, I thought CW was a UConn lock when she first visited the school but she has widened her recruiting horizons in the past months....I would still give UConn an edge but would not be surprised if she chose another school...

I feel a bit like a few other comments here: after going through the Megatron and Evina exercises last year, I'm keeping (emotional) involvement with this particular recruit to a bare minimum. Obviously, top-level D1 hoops is the aim of the game with UConn, ND, UCLA, Texas and Tennessee the finalists. Outside of that, I don't see a whole lot in common (ND and UConn run similar offenses, Tenn. and Texas both wear orange) so will kind of sit back and see what happens. Not get too high or get too low.

Perhaps some of this has also been tempered by the amount of transfers and changes in commitments. MM had an interesting quote the other day that said she still had up to three spots open for 2018 if "there was mutual interest." I get that. Katlyn Gilbert has been a long-time commitment to ND who has not wavered and while she may not be at William's level, I'm cool with the bird in hand who will stay in nest.

Hopefully, Chistyn Williams will find the right place for her and the same with the school that recruits her. Until then, let's see what plays out....

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom