Adamec: Christyn Williams to Visit UConn Oct 12-15 | The Boneyard

Adamec: Christyn Williams to Visit UConn Oct 12-15

Reaction Score
2 very nice things about that article:
1. Williams, a member of her school's National Honor Society
2. Coming to UConn last is a real advantage: practice is starting, she will have the opportunity to compare UConn to all the others, and Geno will get the last word.

Reaction Score
Just to let Christyn know the level of commitment that the Uconn coaching staff invests in their players,future or present,i was switching back and forth on the news channels and i saw a yacht headed for Sugarland and the guy steeering looked a lot like Geno.lol

Reaction Score
Why is Christyn Williams going to Tennessee? Please enlighten me.
I am hazarding a few guesses myself. Please flag the correct ones.

1. The official visit is free.
2. Tennessee has a fabulous guard development program going back to the days of the late lamented Pat Summitt.
3. The only place where she can find the nest of the boomklop (from Elspeth Huxley's Flame Trees of Thika) whatever that might be.
(Comparison with visits to Liberty and Citadel is deleted because of BY's policy on politics)

Last edited:

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
She did play for a Texas AAU team though..
Yes she did because AAU rules allow you to play for teams that border your state and Texas shares a border with Arkansas.
That why all the good players in NJ end up at the Philly Belles. :D

HGN

Reaction Score
2. Coming to UConn last is a real advantage: practice is starting, she will have the opportunity to compare UConn to all the others, and Geno will get the last word.
And I like the fact that her visit coincides with her AAU teammate , and Uconn commit , Charli Collier. If Uconn is going to win this Williams sweepstakes they couldn't ask for a much better scenario.

Reaction Score
Yes she did because AAU rules allow you to play for teams that border your state and Texas shares a border with Arkansas.
That why all the good players in NJ end up at the Philly Belles. :D

HaH!!!!! Partly true but there are soooooo many other good Jersey girls that Team Miller and the Shoreshots both won multiple regional/national AAU championships this summer..........

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
HaH!!!!! Partly true but there are soooooo many other good Jersey girls that Team Miller and the Shoreshots both won multiple regional/national AAU championships this summer.....
I know. Truth be told there are many other good AAU teams in Philly area besides the Belles also. The Belles are the most highly charged-guaranteed to get a reaction though.

Reaction Score
I believe the comparisons have been done and I don't believe Auriemma needs the last word. This is a done deal.

HGN

Reaction Score
Question fellow BYers , is Uconn First Night during Williams visit?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I like our chances. Christyn is close with Lexi and Kim Gordon and will be in the class with Charli. She also enjoyed joking around with Geno during Lexi's visit.

She's a lefty like Asia Durr, strong like Arike Ogunbowale, and aggressive and clutch like Diana Taurasi.

In March 2022, we can see a second "Collier" and a second "Williams" on the Wall of Honor.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I like our chances. Christyn is close with Lexi and Kim Gordon and will be in the class with Charli. She also enjoyed joking around with Geno during Lexi's visit.

She's a lefty like Asia Durr, strong like Arike Ogunbowale, and aggressive and clutch like Diana Taurasi.

In March 2022, we can see a second "Collier" and a second "Williams" on the Wall of Honor.
As usual I like the way you think.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score

Not to mention she just played with Meg and Crystal Dangerfield on the U19 team in Italy. Those two would fill our post Gabby and Kia blues...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom