Adamec: Christyn Williams to Visit UConn Oct 12-15 | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Adamec: Christyn Williams to Visit UConn Oct 12-15

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
If they have thrown the gauntlet down, I'm thinking "hands down." :)

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Maybe she had a good talk with Kara Lawson :)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Position-wise in college, where is Christyn projected to play? Early on, it seemed as if she would be a PG. But, not sure that's the position she's played with USA basketball teams. I've seen her height listed from maybe 5'9 to 5'11. I figured SG or SF would be her future position in college, but perhaps she wants to play the point.
Interesting question. USA basketball had CW playing very limited minutes almost exclusively at SF. Per the pod cast posted here recently Geno considers it a red flag
when a recruit gets locked into playing a specific position or worried about who is ahead of them on a depth chart.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Tenn Frosh throwing down the gaunlet. It was a quiz question of mine, but no one bit. There once was a girl, who had a little curl....
read it, oh I'm glad they didn't bite... good job fellow boneyarders

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
read it, oh I'm glad they didn't bite... good job fellow boneyarders

We can love em, but still be honest about them Daddy. She was an example on one Geno could not figure out. He doesn't "control" anyone, but himself ... occasionally. ;)

Then there was the kid with the biggest smile who Geno said set her alarm every year for March. I know, no one wants to play!

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
We can love em, but still be honest about them Daddy. She was an example on one Geno could not figure out. He doesn't "control" anyone, but himself ... occasionally. ;)

Then there was the kid with the biggest smile who Geno said set her alarm every year for March. I know, no one wants to play!
Are you talking about Wilnett Crockett? Most of her career was before my time as a UConn fan, but I do remember Geno commenting on how she only really showed up for NCAA tournament games. (Just like Lorin Dixon only showed up for North Carolina games, probably because she relished that chaotic style.)

Kiah Stokes was not that different, especially before her senior year. Even Tina Charles was hardly the model of motivation before her senior year. Both of them are examples of players whose biggest skill improvement came post-UConn, probably just as a result of finally getting enough personal maturity to realize that they really did need to give 100% to get the results that they wanted.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Are you talking about Wilnett Crockett?

Congrats. Of course. Kiah I have to disagree on. She's an enigma with her offensive game NOT. Like a couple of other BY favorites. Did Geno tell her not to shoot? I suspect not. Remember her little joke after the last championship (3rd in a row or am I forgetting a year) for her? She's still doing the disappearing act on offense, much as I love her.

Reaction Score
While I don't necessarily view CW as an absolute lock, it's about as close as it gets. Making Storrs the last stop and coming in with Collier has everything lined up for a verbal to the Huskies soon thereafter.

Geno, CD and the team do a great job on these recruiting weekends. I will be amazed if CW ends up in LA, South Bend or (god forbid) Knoxville.

Maybe ONO will join the gang for the weekend. That would be perfect. :)
I don't intend to be a downer but it is a little presumptuous to expect her to be a lock for the Huskies. I've read of numerous kids that went on one of their early official visits and was so captivated by that visit, that they cancelled the remainder of their visits. I'd hate that to happen but some kids are a bit impulsive or feel they have found the PERFECT place and decide there's no point in utilizing the rest of their official visits. I do agree that unless this occurs, UConn will highly likely be where CW ends.

Reaction Score
Are you talking about Wilnett Crockett? Most of her career was before my time as a UConn fan, but I do remember Geno commenting on how she only really showed up for NCAA tournament games. (Just like Lorin Dixon only showed up for North Carolina games, probably because she relished that chaotic style.)

Kiah Stokes was not that different, especially before her senior year. Even Tina Charles was hardly the model of motivation before her senior year. Both of them are examples of players whose biggest skill improvement came post-UConn, probably just as a result of finally getting enough personal maturity to realize that they really did need to give 100% to get the results that they wanted.
Actually Tina Charles "got motivated" in her junior year. After two lackadaisical years, she erupted in her 3rd year and continued to blossom, from that point on.

Reaction Score
Interesting question. USA basketball had CW playing very limited minutes almost exclusively at SF. Per the pod cast posted here recently Geno considers it a red flag
when a recruit gets locked into playing a specific position or worried about who is ahead of them on a depth chart.

from what I've observed over the last 18 months, Christyn Williams is the consummate team player, although she handles the ball well, CW was never a true point guard, I believe she would be happy to contribute wherever the coach wanted her to play........most likely at shooting guard or wing.........she had been fighting several injuries during the spring and summer and that's most likely why she was not at her best...........attitude is absolutely not going to be an issue with CW...........Geno would be thrilled to add this excellent all around player to the UConn roster

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
There is a lot of conjecture and angst concerning potential recruits from the next 2 classes possibly going to UConn. If UConn could get any 4 recruits ( a player you would consider a must get) from these classes, who would you like to see UConn get LOI's from?

I don't keep up with the top recruits in high school or AAU. Those of you that do are doing an excellent job keeping us (in the yard) informed on their activities on the court, their ranking and who is recruiting them, and any rumors about which way they may be leaning.

I'd like Brunell and ONO to come to Storrs.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
There is a lot of conjecture and angst concerning potential recruits from the next 2 classes possibly going to UConn. If UConn could get any 4 recruits ( a player you would consider a must get) from these classes, who would you like to see UConn get LOI's from?

I don't keep up with the top recruits in high school or AAU. Those of you that do are doing an excellent job keeping us (in the yard) informed on their activities on the court, their ranking and who is recruiting them, and any rumors about which way they may be leaning.

I'd like Brunell and ONO to come to Storrs.
I certainly wouldn't complain if Brunelle & ONO ended up in Storrs, but I sense that Aliya Boston may have a greater upside, and she's just up the road in Worcester, MA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom