Adamec Article Re Ezi Magbegor Visit | The Boneyard

Adamec Article Re Ezi Magbegor Visit

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Young Australian star Ezi Magbegor to visit UConn

Other team news etc. too. A quote from the now dead to me recruit about why she's a bull dog.

Gabby on the ugly game: "It can happen to anyone on any given night and we've seen it happen so many times," Williams said. "Everyone thinks that it's not going to happen to them and that's when they become the most vulnerable. We have to be on our toes all the time. We've got used to knowing that everyone will come at us with their best game when they play us, no matter if they think they're going to win or not. They think, 'We're going to make our mark and that UConn will remember us.' We know that and we expect that and that's why we're able to avoid it."

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
"I decided to come to Mississippi State because of the close-knit family environment with the coaches, players, fans and everyone else I encountered while I was there," Espinoza-Hunter said in a statement. "Seeing how the fans support the coaches and the team solidified that this was the place that I want to be. Being a Bulldog isn't just a four-year commitment like most institutions, it's a lifetime commitment."

Couldn't you just replace Miss St. with the word UCONN and it's exactly the same thing she has said already?

I don't understand this quote. She describes UCONN to the T, yet it's about a completely different university.

Therefore...I have deduced she has left UCONN for reasons other than what the program offers. It just HAS to be about playing time or the coaches standards. Idk I won't speculate more but I am now going forward and will never think about AEH again. Ever.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Very excited about her visit. I've heard good things about her desire to play in the states specifically regarding UCONN. Time will tell and we will see. She may very well be the best player of her age in the world. It's hard to gauge as she has not spent a lot of time playing games against players we know a lot more about.

CBear01

Reaction Score
I'd rather stick with the first one. I'm giddy at the prospect of having Ezi with ONO and Williams next year. Just giddy.

So if I understand it correctly she would be joining the incoming freshman class? Holy Mole that would be one heck of a class....extremely reminiscent of the TASSK force class (Sue, Swin, et al) and the Stewie-Mo-Tuck class.

I can't remember rankings of that 2002 senior class but Stewie's class went 1-2-6 (at one time before Tuck's knee injury it was 1-2-3). Still think that's the best so far...but a class of #1, #5 (a previous #1) and an international superstar ala Sveta? Wowwwww

Mind you I'm using rankings out of HS, we all know how these fine young women left their UCONN careers. AMAZING

Fingers crossed!
:cool:

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
So if I understand it correctly she would be joining the incoming freshman class? Holy Mole that would be one heck of a class....extremely reminiscent of the TASSK force class (Sue, Swin, et al) and the Stewie-Mo-Tuck class.

I can't remember rankings of that 2002 senior class but Stewie's class went 1-2-6 (at one time before Tuck's knee injury it was 1-2-3). Still think that's the best so far...but a class of #1, #5 (a previous #1) and an international superstar ala Sveta? Wowwwww

Mind you I'm using rankings out of HS, we all know how these fine young women left their UCONN careers. AMAZING

Fingers crossed!
Fortunately I have multiple appendages to cross. It's leaving them crossed from now until signing that's the problem. Hopefully for both of us she decides soon.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score

Fingers crossed!
Regarding players coming out of HS, several of UCONN's recent recruits were injured in their junior and/or senior seasons and their rankings dropped. ONO is one of them. Gabby is another - she as #2 according to 1 service, but fell outside of the top 10 (I think across the board) when she injured herself and missed her junior and senior seasons.

For the most part, Williams seems to be the consensus #1 recruit except for PN who has her at#4. Collier is consistently ranked higher than ONO. I don't know where Ezi would be on that list, but surely it would be near the top. So realistically, if we got all 3, we could be getting 3 of the top 5 kids in the class, which is very similar to Stewie, Mo and Morgan. I don't get the feeling that any of these kids will be as good as Stewie, but given the level of competition they will be up against for 4 years, it bodes well for our future for sure...

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Regarding players coming out of HS, several of UCONN's recent recruits were injured in their junior and/or senior seasons and their rankings dropped. ONO is one of them. Gabby is another - she as #2 according to 1 service, but fell outside of the top 10 (I think across the board) when she injured herself and missed her junior and senior seasons.

For the most part, Williams seems to be the consensus #1 recruit except for PN who has her at#4. Collier is consistently ranked higher than ONO. I don't know where Ezi would be on that list, but surely it would be near the top. So realistically, if we got all 3, we could be getting 3 of the top 5 kids in the class, which is very similar to Stewie, Mo and Morgan. I don't get the feeling that any of these kids will be as good as Stewie, but given the level of competition they will be up against for 4 years, it bodes well for our future for sure...

Gabby finished ranked 6th by Blue Star.

ONO and Charli Collier are the only players in the '18 class to be ranked #1 by all four major outlets at one time or another, but they all fluctuate. I find that McCormick seems to keep his rankings static more than the others.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Agree with CBear. If Ezi joins next year’s recruiting class at UConn, it could rival the Stewie/Mo/Tuck class . Essentially the Huskies would be bringing in the #1 HS player in the nation, the former #1 HS player in the nation, before her injury, and maybe the top young international player in the world.

Two athletic 6’4” front court players, and one of the best shooting guards to show up on the WBB stage in a long time.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Gabby finished ranked 6th by Blue Star.
ONO and Charli Collier are the only players in the '18 class to be ranked #1 by all four major outlets at one time or another, but they all fluctuate. I find that McCormick seems to keep his rankings static more than the others.
Sine we are just spit balling where Ezi would be ranked. I think Ezi would be ranked ahead of a healthy ONO, a healthy ONO would be ranked ahead of Charli Collier and Christyn would be ranked behind all three. I am basing this mostly on FIBA play from summer 2016 where Ezi was the tournament MVP, Charli Collier barely played and ONO was the best USA player and Christyn was a starter for USA U17. Alot has happened since then but the three most significant things were ONO got hurt and Christyn joined a Texas based AAU team with Collier and ripped up the EYBL and Charli had a change of heart. But yes UCONN fans you could be looking a a historical class if Ezi decides to come, a legit #1, #2, #3 -not lower than #5.

Last edited:

CBear01

Reaction Score
I'm very ashamed to say I have been pronouncing her name incorrectly. Thankfully, some aussie videos help enlighten.

Putting the emphasis on the MAG and not the BE is, apparently, extremely wrong thru Australian eyes.

I assume the prefix MAG is similar to our Mc or MAC, as in McDonald's or in MacGregor. The emphasis falls after the prefix.

Ok, now my head hurts :confused:

HGN

Reaction Score
I hope Ezi has a great visit and the Huskies have a great crowd that night.

Reaction Score
I hope Ezi has a great visit and the Huskies have a great crowd that night.
A great crowd won't be a problem... not many tickets available on line...at least last time I looked (a few days back).

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

Stewie was pretty good but not all that good. She benefited from playing with talented teammates who made her look good. Believe that!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom