Adamec Article Re Ezi Magbegor Visit | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Adamec Article Re Ezi Magbegor Visit

Reaction Score
"I decided to come to Mississippi State because of the close-knit family environment with the coaches, players, fans and everyone else I encountered while I was there," Espinoza-Hunter said in a statement. "Seeing how the fans support the coaches and the team solidified that this was the place that I want to be. Being a Bulldog isn't just a four-year commitment like most institutions, it's a lifetime commitment."

Couldn't you just replace Miss St. with the word UCONN and it's exactly the same thing she has said already?

I don't understand this quote. She describes UCONN to the T, yet it's about a completely different university.

Therefore...I have deduced she has left UCONN for reasons other than what the program offers. It just HAS to be about playing time or the coaches standards. Idk I won't speculate more but I am now going forward and will never think about AEH again. Ever.

I think this young lady just made a big, big mistake! Mississippi? For a kid from suburban New York? She is in for a heckuva shock.

I feel sad for her. She has no idea what she's getting into.

Reaction Score
I think UCLA is the team to beat for Magbegor. They have had previous success with Australian players(Horvat), is a great school, and has a beautiful climate/campus.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While UCLA is a beautiful place to go to school, clearly, Ezi is a young lady with both professional and Olympic goals. I’m sure she will do her homework and learn that there is no coach or WBB program that comes close to Geno and UConn when it comes to the development of WBB players. I’m feeling pretty good about the Huskies chances with Ezi.

Reaction Score
I'm very ashamed to say I have been pronouncing her name incorrectly. Thankfully, some aussie videos help enlighten.

Putting the emphasis on the MAG and not the BE is, apparently, extremely wrong thru Australian eyes.

I assume the prefix MAG is similar to our Mc or MAC, as in McDonald's or in MacGregor. The emphasis falls after the prefix.

Ok, now my head hurts :confused:
Its okay Mate!

Reaction Score
An Australian nickname is required and would reduce the problems with pronunciation.
Eziyoda Magbegor simply becomes

Ezo, Z, Mags or Begs.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
But yes UCONN fans you could be looking a a historical class if Ezi decides to come, a legit #1, #2, #3 -not lower than #5.

Almost wanna see it just for the Baylor reactions to UConn's class being named #1 over them. There were some less than happy reactions after ESPN suggested ONO's addition could threaten Baylor's #1 ranking.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Sine we are just spit balling where Ezi would be ranked. I think Ezi would be ranked ahead of a healthy ONO, a healthy ONO would be ranked ahead of Charli Collier and Christyn would be ranked behind all three. I am basing this mostly on FIBA play from summer 2016 where Ezi was the tournament MVP, Charli Collier barely played and ONO was the best USA player and Christyn was a starter for USA U17. Alot has happened since then but the three most significant things were ONO got hurt and Christyn joined a Texas based AAU team with Collier and ripped up the EYBL and Charli had a change of heart. But yes UCONN fans you could be looking a a historical class if Ezi decides to come, a legit #1, #2, #3 -not lower than #5.
That's the way I see it.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
UCLA also have very few bigs unlike Oregon who have plenty.

Oregon has too many. Formerly fairly highly ranked recruits Campisano and Giomi can't find minutes at all. The only Sr. on the team is a guard, so the logjam in the post isn't going to clear up any.

Reaction Score
While UCLA is a beautiful place to go to school, clearly, Ezi is a young lady with both professional and Olympic goals. I’m sure she will do her homework and learn that there is no coach or WBB program that comes close to Geno and UConn when it comes to the development of WBB players. I’m feeling pretty good about the Huskies chances with Ezi.
Plus Penny Taylor and Lauren Jackson’s advice.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
"I decided to come to Mississippi State because of the close-knit family environment with the coaches, players, fans and everyone else I encountered while I was there," Espinoza-Hunter said in a statement. "Seeing how the fans support the coaches and the team solidified that this was the place that I want to be. Being a Bulldog isn't just a four-year commitment like most institutions, it's a lifetime commitment."

I don't understand this quote. She describes UCONN to the T, yet it's about a completely different university.

The same platitudes apply everywhere. Every school has a close-knit family environment, great fan support, and purports to be a lifetime commitment. For example, one of Notre Dame's more gag-inducing pieces of marketing is that "It's a not a four-year decision, it's a 40-year decision".

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Well I’m pretty sure that Penny Taylor’s spouse will pursuade her to put in a good word for UConn if the opportunity presents itself, but I’m not sure about Lauren Jackson.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Almost wanna see it just for the Baylor reactions to UConn's class being named #1 over them. There were some less than happy reactions after ESPN suggested ONO's addition could threaten Baylor's #1 ranking.
Seriously? We have to let them be #1 in something, it sure won’t be another National Title...:D

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Oregon has too many. Formerly fairly highly ranked recruits Campisano and Giomi can't find minutes at all. The only Sr. on the team is a guard, so the logjam in the post isn't going to clear up any.

Adamec's source mentions a UCLA visit but not an Oregon one. Perhaps she's down to two if she comes stateside.

Reaction Score
Stewie was pretty good but not all that good. She benefited from playing with talented teammates who made her look good. Believe that!
:confused: Head bang :confused: Head bang :confused: Head bang Etc.........

That must have been the case before she came here and since she has moved on also...This is truly a mind boggling statement.

Stats at WNBA.com

Reaction Score
Sine we are just spit balling where Ezi would be ranked. I think Ezi would be ranked ahead of a healthy ONO, a healthy ONO would be ranked ahead of Charli Collier and Christyn would be ranked behind all three. I am basing this mostly on FIBA play from summer 2016 where Ezi was the tournament MVP, Charli Collier barely played and ONO was the best USA player and Christyn was a starter for USA U17. Alot has happened since then but the three most significant things were ONO got hurt and Christyn joined a Texas based AAU team with Collier and ripped up the EYBL and Charli had a change of heart. But yes UCONN fans you could be looking a a historical class if Ezi decides to come, a legit #1, #2, #3 -not lower than #5.
I know this board is typically front court focused and downgrading Christyn may be part and parcel to that but with Kia graduating and the freshman guards not lighting it up and I'm being generous, Chrystin may be the most important and valuable freshman next year. I think it says a lot that she has always been the youngest player on her USA basketball teams. Shows an over achiever to me. Look at who started against UCF with Danger out? 4 forwards!

Reaction Score
The same platitudes apply everywhere. Every school has a close-knit family environment, great fan support, and purports to be a lifetime commitment. For example, one of Notre Dame's more gag-inducing pieces of marketing is that "It's a not a four-year decision, it's a 40-year decision".
you get kicked out at 58? they should at least wait until you're eligible for Social Security.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

I've seen this before. I really don't get the LJ-UConn thing. Yes she was teammates w/ Bird her entire WNBA career, but she had other teammates. She has literally zero ties to UConn. Why would she be steering fellow Aussies to a school she didn't attend, to play for a coach she's never played for? It's such a stretch.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
:confused: Head bang :confused: Head bang :confused: Head bang Etc....

That must have been the case before she came here and since she has moved on also...This is truly a mind boggling statement.

Stats at WNBA.com
See, I was right. She stinks.

Reaction Score
I am with you! Here recently, when a recruit makes an official visit they've been signing with UConn. It appears that the coaching staff has become pretty picky with who they invite.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom