Adamec Article Re Ezi Magbegor Visit | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Adamec Article Re Ezi Magbegor Visit

Reaction Score
I've seen this before. I really don't get the LJ-UConn thing. Yes she was teammates w/ Bird her entire WNBA career, but she had other teammates. She has literally zero ties to UConn. Why would she be steering fellow Aussies to a school she didn't attend, to play for a coach she's never played for? It's such a stretch.
Pretty sure LJ and Geno have a connection.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I know this board is typically front court focused and downgrading Christyn may be part and parcel to that but with Kia graduating and the freshman guards not lighting it up and I'm being generous, Chrystin may be the most important and valuable freshman next year. I think it says a lot that she has always been the youngest player on her USA basketball teams. Shows an over achiever to me. Look at who started against UCF with Danger out? 4 forwards!
Agree completely. Christyn also really really gets it. In her last interview she spoke of being a lock down defender in college, that attitude will get her on the floor sooner than later at UCONN. She is also a willing passer and a very good ball handler.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
:confused: Head bang :confused: Head bang :confused: Head bang Etc....

That must have been the case before she came here and since she has moved on also...This is truly a mind boggling statement.

Stats at WNBA.com
What's mind boggling is that you thought it was a serious post.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
tenor.gif

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Adamec's source mentions a UCLA visit but not an Oregon one. Perhaps she's down to two if she comes stateside.
More spit balling on my part but IMO Ezi choices comes down to UCONN or turning pro. If Olympic caliber preparation for 2020 and beyond is what Ezi is after she not going to get that at UCLA or Oregon.

Reaction Score
Would be surprised if we land her just because of the distance from home factor. I predict she ends up on the west coast just because it's closer to home and the climate is similar.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Would be surprised if we land her just because of the distance from home factor. I predict she ends up on the west coast just because it's closer to home and the climate is similar.
Ezi was born and raised in New Zealand which can get extremely cold with considerable snowfall in winter. She now lives in Canberra in southeastern Australia, a city of approximately 400,000 people, that also gets quite chilly in winter.

Storrs may be a much more comfortable place for Ezi than a city of 8 million people in Southern CA, characterized by earthquakes, wildfires and the worst traffic in the world.

Reaction Score
The same platitudes apply everywhere. Every school has a close-knit family environment, great fan support, and purports to be a lifetime commitment. For example, one of Notre Dame's more gag-inducing pieces of marketing is that "It's a not a four-year decision, it's a 40-year decision".

is it true that all ND WBB players get free Lucky Charms for life?

Reaction Score
Ezi was born and raised in New Zealand which can get extremely cold with considerable snowfall in winter. She now lives in Canberra in southeastern Australia, a city of approximately 400,000 people, that also gets quite chilly in winter.

Storrs may be a much more comfortable place for Ezi than a city of 8 million people in Southern CA, characterized by earthquakes, wildfires and the worst traffic in the world.

Geezzzzz...................I was researching how UConn can get a Kangaroo delivered to serve as a second mascot by next week.......................now I need to find a Tasmanian Devil?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geezzzzz....I was researching how UConn can get a Kangaroo delivered to serve as a second mascot by next week........now I need to find a Tasmanian Devil?
Is Jonathan Husky really a Dingo?? ;)

Reaction Score
I know this board is typically front court focused and downgrading Christyn may be part and parcel to that but with Kia graduating and the freshman guards not lighting it up and I'm being generous, Chrystin may be the most important and valuable freshman next year. I think it says a lot that she has always been the youngest player on her USA basketball teams. Shows an over achiever to me. Look at who started against UCF with Danger out? 4 forwards!

Man, here we go, saddling an incoming freshman with ridiculous expectations. So we can be let down and pissed off when she doesn't set the world on fire. And it's only February!

Reaction Score

Ahh the easy way out.....smooth. Very smooth....I have seen hundreds of your posts and always took them serious, never came across as the sarcasm kind of guy/gal.
I'll be sure to not take what you say as serious in the future.
Very hard forum to figure out as a few others here also fell or not to what you say is not what you meant. We have Coco below giving you kudos for your comment after liking the one from Uconnfan 68 asking what you are smoking?
Either way it's all just words, some able to express better than others in print and I must say you had me lost if what you say now is true. Either way I do like your handle and will leave it at that....:)

donalddoowop

Reaction Score

Around 2010 or 2011, St. Louis University's men's team got commitments from the top New Zealand player and one of the top Australian players. They both wanted to play for legendary coach Rick Majerus. Well, maybe Ezi wants to play for a legendary coach in GA.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
Ahh the easy way out.....smooth. Very smooth....I have seen hundreds of your posts and always took them serious, never came across as the sarcasm kind of guy/gal.
I'll be sure to not take what you say as serious in the future.
Very hard forum to figure out as a few others here also fell or not to what you say is not what you meant. We have Coco below giving you kudos for your comment after liking the one from Uconnfan 68 asking what you are smoking?
Either way it's all just words, some able to express better than others in print and I must say you had me lost if what you say now is true. Either way I do like your handle and will leave it at that....:)

Yes, but you must have missed quite a few of my posts. Otherwise there would have been a lot more post like yours getting on me. Stewart was one of the players who got me re-interested in watching UCONN and women's basketball again.

donalddoowop

Reaction Score
Woof 101 thank you for the Doo Wop post. Jordy will appreciate it also. By the way, I am still performing on Doo Wop and R&B shows here in St. Louis. That music goes on and on.

Reaction Score

She was born and raised in Australia, near Melbourne. The average high in the winter in both Melbourne and Canberra is in the mid-50's. Not LA but certainly not Storrs.

Reaction Score

And the brother would be closer to her in Storrs than LA....

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Oregon has too many. Formerly fairly highly ranked recruits Campisano and Giomi can't find minutes at all. The only Sr. on the team is a guard, so the logjam in the post isn't going to clear up any.

This is not quite correct imo. Giomi was nowhere to be seen in the HoopGurlz top 100 recruits and wasn't ranked (numerically) at all on the even longer Prospects Nation list. She has potential but is very much a project and has gotten very few minutes this year. That Campisano was highly rated (in the teens, I believe) by HoopGurlz is a mystery to me. I think she was ranked somewhere in the 130s on Prospects Nation, and her performance has been much closer to that ranking than to the one on HoopGurlz. In fact, she has been the last player off the bench for some time now. Campisano seems happy, but I wouldn't be surprised if she transfers at the end of the year. So--if M. is interested in Oregon, and I have no idea whether or not that's the case--I don't think she would have to worry about being behind either one (or McGwire). Satou Sabally's younger sister, Nyara, might be another matter, however.

Reaction Score
More spit balling on my part but IMO Ezi choices comes down to UCONN or turning pro. If Olympic caliber preparation for 2020 and beyond is what Ezi is after she not going to get that at UCLA or Oregon.
And I believe that might get mentioned to her a couple dozen times during her visit.

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
The same platitudes apply everywhere. Every school has a close-knit family environment, great fan support, and purports to be a lifetime commitment. For example, one of Notre Dame's more gag-inducing pieces of marketing is that "It's a not a four-year decision, it's a 40-year decision".

Idk man that's hard to argue. With no doubt I believe ND is that type of program like UCONN... that I agree. But I just have too many friends who went to schools they never set foot back on campus in well over a decade nor care for the sports teams etc. It's really unique to have programs like UCONN and NOTRE DAME where they foster not only the development of their athletic skills but they also foster an environment where they can turn a talented 18 ur old into a fantastic woman with values, compassion and and understanding what came before them and what is to follow them...and the fan support? Come on really? What's the average attendance for a women's bball game? How many places are still stuck trying to get just a 1000 people to games? I'm sorry but East Bumble State University with their averages of 200 fans doesn't come close to the 9000 at UCONN, the 16000 at South Carolina, and the other hand full of great programs that attract THOUSANDS of fans.

I just don't think you find this everywhere

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
I've seen this before. I really don't get the LJ-UConn thing. Yes she was teammates w/ Bird her entire WNBA career, but she had other teammates. She has literally zero ties to UConn. Why would she be steering fellow Aussies to a school she didn't attend, to play for a coach she's never played for? It's such a stretch.

Kim (Hartford)
Admit it, you secretly want to play for Geno Auriemma after hearing Sue talk about how much fun it was, don't you?!
Lauren Jackson
I really like him. I have hung out with him once with Sue. He seems like the coolest guy. I'm not sure I want to play with him, but I would definitely like to have a glass of wine with him. He's a funny man.

This is from
SportsNation Chat with Lauren Jackson - ESPN

So there ya have it...Im with u I doubt she will have any say or advice for Ezi

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
So there ya have it...Im with u I doubt she will have any say or advice for Ezi

I saw that same ESPN chat thing. I thought about posting it, but didn't. She only played 2 more seasons in the WNBA after that, and as far as I know since her career w/ the Storm ended she's been in Australia and really hasn't maintained ties in the U.S., so I find it hard to believe she found time anywhere to develop any kind of meaningful bond w/ Geno.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Giomi was nowhere to be seen in the HoopGurlz top 100 recruits and wasn't ranked (numerically) at all on the even longer Prospects Nation list.

Okay, fair enough point. She was considered a big time local prospect, and along w/ Mikayla Pivec a must get priority for UW. They obviously got neither of them. When UO brought in 4 post prospects in 1 class I thought it was a given 1 or more of them would end up transferring out. Could still happen, but they've all stayed put through almost 2 years now.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
She was born and raised in Australia, near Melbourne. The average high in the winter in both Melbourne and Canberra is in the mid-50's. Not LA but certainly not Storrs.
Not sure where you’re getting your information, but according to Wikipedia, Ezi was born August 13, 1999 in Wellington, New Zealand.

Her parents are from Nigeria. The family moved north to Melbourne when Ezi was 6.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom