2020 Recruiting: - Adama Sanogo | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Adama Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Not sure where we stand right now but I don’t think this hurts as far as SH is concerned.

Always wondered why we didn't go after Gray. 7 footer with good athleticism in our backyard.

Reaction Score
Always wondered why we didn't go after Gray. 7 footer with good athleticism in our backyard.

I have no idea. Maybe we preferred Javonte Brown-Ferguson and didn't feel the need to bring in two centers with Carlton and Whaley already on the roster? By the time Akok got hurt and we knew we would have two transfers, it would have been too late to go after Gray. Or maybe we just weren't interested.

Reaction Score
Gray has a really really good list for being ranked #186... he's the lowest ranked recruit we were linked to this year. for what it's worth, even after reclassing Brown ended up ranked higher than Muscadin, Cardwell, and Gray.

23 thomas- lsu
31 ware- uk
40 jabari- michigan
41 cliff- rutgers
67 hassan diarra- a&m
72 jaylin williams- arkansas
76 jackson
81 justin lewis- marquette
83 matt cross- miami
84 hugley- pitt
89 mashburn- minnesota
91 demarr langford- BC
98 kadary richmond- cuse
115 niels lane- florida
128 geronimo- indiana
131 brown
154 muscadin- kansas
160 cardwell- ?
167 noah collier- pitt
181 nate tabor- ?
186 gray- ?

if Springs isnt done growing he might show up next season around 6'10 225. that's what i'm hoping for. who knows how big he might be in 2021 but he and akok would make for a long and lean front court w/ Brown off the bench. then add Clingan in 2022.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Because he's very athletic, and Javonte will be the only center on the roster after next year.
Richie is definitely big enough to play some minutes at the 5. Ideally we land Sanogo for this year, but even if we don’t with the new transfer rule coming and class of 21 we should be able to land a more polished big .

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Richie is definitely big enough to play some minutes at the 5. Ideally we land Sanogo for this year, but even if we don’t with the new transfer rule coming and class of 21 we should be able to land a more polished big .
That's the hope, but I think Gray could've been a bird in the hand.

Reaction Score
Many things go into deciding to recruit a kid per one of our assistants- not just basketball skills. I'm not saying anything negative toward this kid - he could be an angel.
But there a lot behind the scenes regarding decision making that we just have no idea about.on both ends - the staff and the player

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Worth noting that 2 weeks ago we essentially stopped recruiting for next year’s roster(outside of Sanogo). This is either we’re confident we have a kid or we’re in wait and see mode given the virus and the rule change. Idk, I’m 50/50.

Reaction Score

I wondered the same for quite a while.. Talked to someone very close to the program and he told me what an absolute monster he is athletically & physically - also very teachable when it comes to training. However, to tack onto what a poster said above, skill wise he's tremendously raw and really needs to learn how to play basketball.

So, the fact that he's been in our backyard on top of what I heard, and I'm by no means an insider, he just must be 2 years away from being 2 years away...

Reaction Score
That Chief, he sure knows how to get people posting. (Got me, too)

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Lol reading comprehension much? Chief’s post says that we have a strong recruiting class and that Sanogo fills a need. Nothing more, nothing less. It cracks me up how hard people work to be critical of him.

Reaction Score
Lol reading comprehension much? Chief’s post says that we have a strong recruiting class and that Sanogo fills a need. Nothing more, nothing less. It cracks me up how hard people work to be critical of him.
We’re jaded by a strong history of him saying similar things and then retroactively claiming that they were definitive predictions.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
We’re jaded by a strong history of him saying similar things and then retroactively claiming that they were definitive predictions.
Really, if we got Sanogo, would your reaction be “Golly I hope Chief does not get any credit for predicting this?”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Really, if we got Sanogo, would your reaction be “Golly I hope Keith does not get any credit for predicting this?”
Not sure how you got there from my post. I think it’s fair to point out the unintentional self-parody that is chief.

Reaction Score

Besides his style bothering y'all, not sure what you want. Hr gets information. The coaches might have some feeling around whether or not a kid might commit or not but until the kid commits anything can happen. Look how many insiders stepped out on a ledge and are gone.

The same folks who want him to be definitive will be the same folks who run him off when a kid does the okie dook.

Reaction Score
Besides his style bothering y'all, not sure what you want. Hr gets information. The coaches might have some feeling around whether or not a kid might commit or not but until the kid commits anything can happen. Look how many insiders stepped out on a ledge and are gone.

The same folks who want him to be definitive will be the same folks who run him off when a kid does the okie dook.
Never been one to get on one of the insiders that makes a prediction and things end up changing but thanks. You’re looking too deep into this.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hey I was just trying to see if chief was willing to give a little more info, what’s wrong with that?

Reaction Score

I don’t see the problem with asking him for a little more info and seeing if he’s willing to give it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom