Adama Sanogo Signs with Chicago | The Boneyard

Adama Sanogo Signs with Chicago

Reaction Score
Vucevic is an expiring, but it's reported he'll likely sign a 3 year extension. Their backup is Andre Drummond, and he's accepted his player option for 1 more year guaranteed.

So not a lot of playing time in year 1, but maybe more in the future.

For an undrafted player, it's not the worst landing spot.

Reaction Score
Vucevic is an expiring, but it's reported he'll likely sign a 3 year extension. Their backup is Andre Drummond, and he's accepted his player option for 1 more year guaranteed.

So not a lot of playing time in year 1, but maybe more in the future.

For an undrafted player, it's not the worst landing spot.
Itll allow him to really develop his game. He will be a contributing player in this league. I have no doubt.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

The love affair with contested three pointers and low percentage kamikaze drives shows how little NBA statistics "experts" understand conditional probability. The first team that figures out that 1-on1 low post basketball results in more efficient scoring than chucking wild 3 point attempts against defenses designed to defend those shots will pick up at least 5 wins in a year.

Reaction Score
Congrats Adama! Just checked Chicago’s G League roster and they have 5 guys that are 6’8 or higher. Adama has a tough road ahead of him, but he’s such a hard worker and now he has a chip on his shoulder. I will never doubt him, and have full confidence he will work his way into a successful basketball career

Reaction Score
But yet Jarace Walker and Derek Lively go 8 and 12 respectively. Lively was pretty awful the first half of the season. Was just ok by the end of the year.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The love affair with contested three pointers and low percentage kamikaze drives shows how little NBA statistics "experts" understand conditional probability. The first team that figures out that 1-on1 low post basketball results in more efficient scoring than chucking wild 3 point attempts against defenses designed to defend those shots will pick up at least 5 wins in a year.
I hadn’t watched a full NBA game in years until I watched a few playoff games this year involving some of the better teams. I won’t be watching again. For the reasons you point out. Uninteresting, predictable boring. Obviously some very good individuals but so what.

Reaction Score
I hadn’t watched a full NBA game in years until I watched a few playoff games this year involving some of the better teams. I won’t be watching again. For the reasons you point out. Uninteresting, predictable boring. Obviously some very good individuals but so what.

lol at predictable when a 8-seed made the finals and a 7-seed made the WCF. If you watched the Nuggets, Heat or even Lakers you would see incredible defense and great basketball.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Yikes, not even a second round pick.

Another year wouldn't have made a difference.
Interesting comment and indicative of the evolution of college ball. You probably are right about him, the unprovable, but it probably wouldn’t have hurt UConn for him to stay another year. I’m not convinced having a bunch of guys leave early helps recruiting overall or that it’s good for a program. Winning helps more. Just my old fashioned opinion.

Reaction Score
Interesting comment and indicative of the evolution of college ball. You probably are right about him, the unprovable, but it probably wouldn’t have hurt UConn for him to stay another year. I’m not convinced having a bunch of guys leave early helps recruiting overall or that it’s good for a program. Winning helps more. Just my old fashioned opinion.
We have a potential All American big man starting at C for us next year, it was in everyone's best interest for Adama to go to the NBA. This isn't even a debate

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
That's $500k+ guaranteed + a real chance to show out and make a career for himself. Great news for a great kid.

So much has changed with college and pro ball over past decade in terms of player development.

Ten years ago Sanogo not getting drafted would have been egg on his face.

Nowadays? I'm not so sure. His known weaknesses are probably better addressed and worked on at the pro level than spending a fourth year at college. Once you get above age 20, your draft prospects don't increase.

Bottom line is the kid is going to get an NBA paycheck and a chance to prove himself a worthy NBA player.

Pretty much same thing for AJax.

Wish him well.

Reaction Score
He would have made more via NIL if he had stayed a year. I suspect they considered him too slow.
Adama was stronger and as fast as most of his defenders. That's not the case in the NBA.
I wish him good luck and hope he makes it.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Unfortunately for Adama, he spent most of his time at UConn with his back to the basket, showcasing amazing footwork and post scoring moves. It wasn't until late last year that he flashed the face-up game the NBA requires of anybody under 7', and the ability to guard in space that modern bigs have to have. I am confident that Adama has and will further develop those skills and not drafting him will look like a mistake.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom