Adama Sanogo Signs with Chicago | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Adama Sanogo Signs with Chicago

Reaction Score
Jokic mvp and reason Nuggets won NBA finals, a big man drafted 41st. I don’t understand why everyone wants to copy Warrior’s style of shoot 3 and no bigs. They had unique players to make that work. NBA executives just want to copy the popular prototype of the day rather than find their own way to win. Someone could make a great team with these college bigs if they gave them a chance.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I watched Bam Adebayo all playoffs struggle making any post move near the rim, and have zero touch. You can’t tell me these skills aren’t valued.
I didn't say, "these skills aren’t valued." I said, "The skills these three have are not valued."

It's the entire package. For example, Sanogo is a good post player, but he's a 6'-7" Center.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Raining playing tomorrow Edgewood Southwick….., played Goodwin Park yesterday first time ever believe it or not.

How about you??
Played a course south of Chicago. Nice track called George Dunne, who was president of the forest preserve district of Cook County(Chicago and a bunch of suburbs comprise Cook county). Dunne wanted a tour stop worthy venue so they built the course but it never hosted any big events. I like the course but far too many traps to upkeep.

Reaction Score
Interesting. Is Reid more mobil than Sanogo? Seems to be a similar player to Sanogo with somewhat similar measurable except Reid measured 1.5" taller without shoes than Sanogo.

Sanogo has an uphill climb to make it in the NBA but count me in the camp that he has a chance.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Interesting. Is Reid more mobil than Sanogo? Seems to be a similar player to Sanogo with somewhat similar measurable except Reid measured 1.5" taller without shoes than Sanogo.

Sanogo has an uphill climb to make it in the NBA but count me in the camp that he has a chance.

Yeah Reid has handles and was a part of Jellyfam (like Rudy was a part of Team Flight Brothers but for fancy layups). He plays almost like a legit wing player. I wouldn’t call his game comparable to Sanogo’s.

Reaction Score
Really wanted Sanogo to sign with Philly, he could've backed up Embiid. Philly was giving Paul Reed meaningful minutes behind Embiid this year, certainly Sanogo would get time there. Chicago not the worst landing spot though

Reaction Score
Vucevic is an expiring, but it's reported he'll likely sign a 3 year extension. Their backup is Andre Drummond, and he's accepted his player option for 1 more year guaranteed.

So not a lot of playing time in year 1, but maybe more in the future.

For an undrafted player, it's not the worst landing spot.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
That’s tough. Maybe Sanogo can ironically beat out Drummond for the backup spot by the end of the season.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I don't expect Sanogo to be a 5 anyway. Chicago has the #4 pick a couple of years ago Patrick Williams as the only real PF on the roster, and he's 6'7" 215. They have no size at the PF position. DeRozan is properly a SF and they do play small ball at times. I think that's why they signed him so quickly. He immediately brings a level of interior strength, rebounding and finishing they don't have at the PF spot. Williams is a nice player, but his rebounding is awful for a starting 4.

Reaction Score
I don't expect Sanogo to be a 5 anyway. Chicago has the #4 pick a couple of years ago Patrick Williams as the only real PF on the roster, and he's 6'7" 215. They have no size at the PF position. DeRozan is properly a SF and they do play small ball at times. I think that's why they signed him so quickly. He immediately brings a level of interior strength, rebounding and finishing they don't have at the PF spot. Williams is a nice player, but his rebounding is awful for a starting 4.
I've had about five different responses typed out and then deleted them because we've had this discussion far too many times. All I can do is laugh, Sanogo is not playing the 4 in the NBA. I really don't know how else to say it, it's just comical at this point

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I've had about five different responses typed out and then deleted them because we've had this discussion far too many times. All I can do is laugh, Sanogo is not playing the 4 in the NBA. I really don't know how else to say it, it's just comical at this point
I guess we will find out.

Reaction Score
Sanogo is a 5. He is more a 5 in skill set than a PF, which is now much more mobile and skilled than historically.

Modern NBA? There is no classic PF.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sanogo is a 5. He is more a 5 in skill set than a PF, which is now much more mobile and skilled than historically.

Modern NBA? There is no classic PF.
True. But often, there is no classic 5 in the modern NBA.

The fact that Sanogo is a tweener will work against in some offenses and against him in others. He just has to be a mismatch more than he is mismatched.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So... point guard?

caw

Reaction Score

Good for Drummond and Sanogo, IMO.

Drummond played fairly well in limited time with Chicago. He should be decent in limited minutes with Irving and Luka.

Mavericks are pretty bad at the center position. They could lose both Powell and Wood from their team last year and only return Javale McGee. They did draft a center in Lively of course but I doubt he will get much PT.

Reaction Score

I guess he declined his player option. They'll probably sign a backup now though, otherwise they wouldn't have given Sanogo a two way and not a real contact.

caw

Reaction Score
I guess he declined his player option. They'll probably sign a backup now though, otherwise they wouldn't have given Sanogo a two way and not a real contact.

They have a nasty cap situation though I believe. If Lavine, Derozan, Ball and Vuc are all on the roster that's like 108 million in those four guys, with Ball questionnable for next year. Then they have another 24ish in Caruso, Williams, and Terry. So that's putting them at 132 for seven guys. Luxury Tax threshold is 162, so they have around 30 million to play with for at least 7 guys to get to the minimum roster allocation. Assuming they don't go past the Tax.

They have made QO to SF Taylor for 1.8 (was a two-way last year), PG Dosunmu for 5.2, and PG White 7.7. Which if they re-sign would put the Bulls at 15 or so remaining for 4 spots (five to get to max roster). White might not resign though and could command more. They also have Phillips as a second rounder to sign. Sanogo would also count in some way to the salary, though I am unclear on how two-ways affect salary cap but I think it depends on when it's converted.

I'm only a casual fan so someone else go for it, but I do believe the Bulls are in a pickle and that gives Sanogo a chance.

Reaction Score
They have a nasty cap situation though I believe. If Lavine, Derozan, Ball and Vuc are all on the roster that's like 108 million in those four guys, with Ball questionnable for next year. Then they have another 24ish in Caruso, Williams, and Terry. So that's putting them at 132 for seven guys. Luxury Tax threshold is 162, so they have around 30 million to play with for at least 7 guys to get to the minimum roster allocation. Assuming they don't go past the Tax.

They have made QO to SF Taylor for 1.8 (was a two-way last year), PG Dosunmu for 5.2, and PG White 7.7. Which if they re-sign would put the Bulls at 15 or so remaining for 4 spots (five to get to max roster). White might not resign though and could command more. They also have Phillips as a second rounder to sign. Sanogo would also count in some way to the salary, though I am unclear on how two-ways affect salary cap but I think it depends on when it's converted.

I'm only a casual fan so someone else go for it, but I do believe the Bulls are in a pickle and that gives Sanogo a chance.
But he pretty much cant be the primary backup on a 2 way because he's capped at 50 games. I guess they could convert his contract to a real contract later if need be. Two ways don't count against the cap (but obviously would if converted to a real contract).

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Drummond opting out has very little effect on Sanogo.

Sanogo will most likely play in the Summer League, but I don't believe that undrafted free agent rookies are routinely awarded full NBA deals right off the bat. When all is said and done, he'll have to earn his way the Windy City Bulls...If he sticks with the organization, that is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom