Adama Sanogo Signs with Chicago | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Adama Sanogo Signs with Chicago

Reaction Score
I think Sanogo cost Timme a shot at getting drafted. He got exposed.
We already knew Timme from the last time he went through the pre-draft process including the games that he was never go to be an NBA player.

Reaction Score
I’m not sure what the big man draft board was like, but Dallas desperately needed size which is probably why they went with him.

If he can rebound and block shots he can help. Playing with Luka he just needs to catch alleys and dunk. Their current center Dwight Powell is useless.
His best case scenario seems to be a dude they already have in Christian Wood

Reaction Score
Kentucky's Tsiebwe and Gonzaga's Timme also were undrafted. Not sure how much this says about any of these programs.
Yeah I'm basically it doesn't obviously help but it is what is in the way the NBA game is now. There are many guys who leave early that do well in College that never get a real chance in the NBA. It will just be harder to promote him as a sucess story(Getting drafted) unless he blows up in the G-league and starts to play in the NBA.

Reaction Score
Yeah I'm basically it doesn't obviously help but it is what is in the way the NBA game is now. There are many guys who leave early that do well in College that never get a real chance in the NBA. It will just be harder to promote him as a sucess story(Getting drafted) unless he blows up in the G-league and starts to play in the NBA.

He was the MOP of an NCAA championship team. That’s a success story for him, the program, everybody.

His realistic options were to go pro or transfer (the Sanogo-Clingan combo was a one year miracle that we should forever be grateful for), and he wanted no part of another college program. All wins.

Reaction Score
He was the MOP of an NCAA championship team. That’s a success story for him, the program, everybody.

His realistic options were to go pro or transfer (the Sanogo-Clingan combo was a one year miracle that we should forever be grateful for), and he wanted no part of another college program. All wins.
Can’t wait till the Adama jersey goes up in the rafters

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Right. My point is that 99% of the BY wasn’t singing that tune mid season this year. With the same recruits for next year already in tow and with the general belief that Jackson might be back if not Sanogo or Hawkins, with Hawkins not quite yet a given at that point. Nothing like an NC run to make people forget that.

And in case some of the savants on the BY forget as well in the sunshine of the NC, jumping to some conclusion about how successful the program can be through a regular turnover of stars going pro after a few years is pretty much hope rather than fact. Yet to be determined. There are already some programs that have been operating that way for a while with pretty mixed results, occasional NC and many more disappointments. A program with UConn’s aspirations having to operate that way now is pretty much a given in the current environment. Whether or not that produces the kind of success UConn fans want is far from a given. If it turns out well, great.
Even in the mid year slump, everyone knew Hawkins was gone after this year. Anyone that listened knew Sanogo was gone. Jackson was the only question mark but played himself into an NBA draft pick.

I think what you’re asking for is unrealistic unless you are a billionaire personally and willing to pay these guys millions. To ask a guy like Hawkins or Jackson to risk their career earnings to play another year in college for basically nothing (compared to what they’ll make in the NBA) is not fair. And Adama needs money for his family and NIL for him isn’t impossible, but not super easy.

We have had our Final Four MOP leave for the NBA after each championship and we keep winning National Titles… Hurley isn’t going for the Duke or Kentucky 1-and-done guys, not sure how much more we can ask of guys who literally put us back on the map.

Reaction Score
You can't keep a good man down.

I was going to just pass this by and continue on with the thread. Then I clicked on it and listened to it.
No one who does that...can not like the post...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I watched Bam Adebayo all playoffs struggle making any post move near the rim, and have zero touch. You can’t tell me these skills aren’t valued.
Put Adama‘s brain in Bam‘s body and you have a top 5 NBA player. Even in his own body, Adama will show his value.

DCT

Reaction Score
No it’s not. I believe it’s more like 90k guaranteed with 0 time in nba and up to 500k if he plays the max games (50) in nba.
He gets paid same in G League or NBA. But can be cut anytime and pay ends.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Nevermind, weather looks bad out your way. 92 and sunny out here in Chicago.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
No, having guys leave early to be undrafted or even second round picks (Jackson) doesn't help our recruiting, but it's also the case that from the players' perspective, them coming back only to have a similar or worse draft outcome wasn't a good option.
I think we have to realize that in a very good deal or agreement, both sides contribute their best and both sides win as they part ways. I think all three players made the best deal for them (as they should) and the school was incredibly blessed to have them as part of the team. There is a mutual understanding that the arrangement will end at some time in the not too distant future. The benefits to both will continue into the future as both continued the great legacy to Uconn and its tradition and the players have portable skills and character they gained or increased being part of the team. It was a great win-win deal for all three.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Getting two 2-and-done lottery picks is a big feather in Hurley's cap and huge on the recruiting trail.

If he can get Castle there this year or next, or Clingan/Karaban, that furthers the case that we are a destination not only for guys who want to win and be part of a championship program, but to realize their next-level aspirations as soon as possible.

Earlier in this thread you mentioned how having the 2nd rounders or undrafted players not helping recruiting. Almost all of us fans are in agreement that Sanogo and Jackson each had shortcomings as viewed by NBA personnel and staying another year wasn't going to fix those shortcomings. Better for them to leave and see what they can do professionally. Another year of college wasn't going to make Jax a better shooting any more than what will be worked on this year by professional player development people in the NBA. Another year at UConn wasn't going to make Sanogo 3" taller.

However, the Bouk and Hawkins players, who had prototypical NBA size coming out of high school and some unique skills which translate to the NBA, made it out of UConn and in to the lottery in two years.

Castle and Clingan are closer to the Hawkins and Bouk model with the size for their position in the NBA. Karaban's shooting and BBIQ will get him plenty of looks.

Reaction Score
Earlier in this thread you mentioned how having the 2nd rounders or undrafted players not helping recruiting. Almost all of us fans are in agreement that Sanogo and Jackson each had shortcomings as viewed by NBA personnel and staying another year wasn't going to fix those shortcomings. Better for them to leave and see what they can do professionally. Another year of college wasn't going to make Jax a better shooting any more than what will be worked on this year by professional player development people in the NBA. Another year at UConn wasn't going to make Sanogo 3" taller.
Not to mention, getting Tyrese Martin (at age 23) in a position to be drafted is a huge accomplishment, and one they are hoping to duplicate with Tristen. Martin may hit his ceiling as a great G League player/fringe NBA guy, but he’s making a living playing ball, which is what most of these guys see as the goal.

Reaction Score
The Good Place GIF by NBC

This gif has been running through my head for the past 24 hours every time I open this thread

Reaction Score
If this isn‘t intentional trolling, then you are a savant at it. In fact, you would be the first overall pick after declaring for the Trolling League after your freshman season. Our fans would be disconsolate at the idea of replacing your production and would be slapping themselves for not recruiting someone more likely to stay in the College Trolling League for 3-4 years and thus provide more stability.

You are trying to convince a group of people who are currently posting on a message board during the offseason that these same people - the type of people who would post on a message board during the offseason - might hypothetically be the type of people who would jump ship due to the hypothetical poorer performance of a younger, more fluid roster. We all survived the last few years of Kevin Ollie. We can endure a nuclear holocaust, much less some one-and-done fluidity.

The world that you are arguing for is premised on something that simply doesn’t exist. I’m not sure how many people have to tell you that your argument is not based in reality. It is simply non-sensical. What you’re trying to say is obvious — what you’re actually saying is word salad.

Reaction Score
If this isn‘t intentional trolling, then you are a savant at it. In fact, you would be the first overall pick after declaring for the Trolling League after your freshman season. Our fans would be disconsolate at the idea of replacing your production and would be slapping themselves for not recruiting someone more likely to stay in the College Trolling League for 3-4 years and thus provide more stability.

You are trying to convince a group of people who are currently posting on a message board during the offseason that these same people - the type of people who would post on a message board during the offseason - might hypothetically be the type of people who would jump ship due to the hypothetical poorer performance of a younger, more fluid roster. We all survived the last few years of Kevin Ollie. We can endure a nuclear holocaust, much less some one-and-done fluidity.

The world that you are arguing for is premised on something that simply doesn’t exist. I’m not sure how many people have to tell you that your argument is not based in reality. It is simply non-sensical. What you’re trying to say is obvious — what you’re actually saying is word salad.
Hey don't bring up KO! You are bringing back horrible flashbacks that I was trying to forget with this Championship and seeing UCONN guys with legit chances of being great NBA players again. JK! LOL!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom