2020 Recruiting: - Adama Sanogo (MD Virtual Visit) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Adama Sanogo (MD Virtual Visit)

Reaction Score
Thats what 80% here said was the issue with KO and it's still a situation that opposing coaches can say exists now. UConn is historically guard U but it has had plenty of really good supporting players and will continue to do so.

I’m not doubting what our reputation is, but we’ve had quite a few big guys get drafted and play in the NBA as well: CIiff Robinson, Donyell Marshall, Travis Knight, Jake Voskuhl, Emeka Okafor, Hilton Armstrong, Josh Boone, Hasheem Thabeet, and Andre Drummond.

Also, we led the nation in blocked shots for about a decade.

pj

Reaction Score
I’m not doubting what our reputation is, but we’ve had quite a few big guys get drafted and play in the NBA as well: CIiff Robinson, Donyell Marshall, Travis Knight, Jake Voskuhl, Emeka Okafor, Hilton Armstrong, Josh Boone, Hasheem Thabeet, and Andre Drummond.

Jim Calhoun couldn't get big men for about his first 25 years, then with the 1999 championship and Emeka Okafor turning from a #100 recruit into a lottery pick, the floodgates opened and we had a decade of great bigs.

Hurley will get us there too, but he needs that first NBA big man to build his credentials.

Reaction Score

Also Villanueva and Drummond

Reaction Score

That's fair but outside of Drummond I don't think any of those guys resonate with a recruit. I'm 26 and couldn't have told you half of those guys were ever in the NBA (before being on this board)

Reaction Score
That's fair but outside of Drummond I don't think any of those guys resonate with a recruit. I'm 26 and couldn't have told you half of those guys were ever in the NBA (before being on this board)
I know that’s true but it makes me sad. Four down years is an entire high school generation.

Reaction Score
Gotta say, I’m shocked he haven’t pulled one recently....especially how bigs (Carlton year 1, Whaley year 2) have grown here
Well we did get 7 footer Javonte recently. Since he hasn’t played a game for us yet, that could be a concern for guys in the same class. Get a year out and it’s not as big a factor.

Reaction Score

I totally get it. I don't think being Travis Knight's alma mater was ever a big selling point to recruits, so he's certainly not going to help us real in a big man in 2020. I was really just pointing out that we've put players in the NBA (with various degrees of success) at all positions.

Reaction Score
Yes but what does Seton Hall have? Angel Delgado playing in the G-league and Sam Dalembert many years ago. Nebraska nothing.

Reaction Score
Yes but what does Seton Hall have? Angel Delgado playing in the G-league and Sam Dalembert many years ago. Nebraska nothing.
Never said anything about Seton Hall or Nebraska. Don't think any of the schools involved with him can use current NBA guys any better than us, just not a lot of recent success that makes me think that's the pitch. It's playing time

Reaction Score
Even with Andre it's been nearly 10 years since he was at UConn.

nadav

I hit skins for the hell of it
Reaction Score
Get it done, guys...I mean the Hall seems like a nice school and Willard seems like a good coach, but this is UCONN and Dan Hurley...I must be missing something???
Yes you are. Hall has 1 (one) tourney win since Willard got there. Uconn has 13 in the time frame and it includes some of our poorest seasons.

Reaction Score
These HAVE to be considered unofficial. Zero way these are official.
I followed Notre Dame football recruiting as well, one of their big running back targets just had a huge virtual official visit yesterday. He is still scheduled to come in for an official visit in June. So virtual visits are not considered official in any way.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Never said anything about Seton Hall or Nebraska. Don't think any of the schools involved with him can use current NBA guys any better than us, just not a lot of recent success that makes me think that's the pitch. It's playing time
That's where coaches who are good recruiters come into play ($$ aside). If you can't present your brand how can you sell? 4 NC's and lots of long term NBA players from those decades is a legacy. Isn't that the product
(which BTW is rebuilding and repositioning (NBE). History and facts count. I think DH, New Big East and some very capable coaches with track records for recruiting are going to make it. Steady progress.
Great salesmen have two almost contradictory traits. Enough empathy (and intel) to understand the individual recruits needs and enough ego to close the deal. I think Hurley and his coaches are savvy enough and are relentless in pursuing recruits as they are in coaching the players themselves.

There used to be "10 toes in" talk. Now we have "10 toes in" action. Patience and enjoy the ride! We're on the way home.

Reaction Score
All this talk...Just let me know if and when our virtual meeting is with him! Thats the next step!
Right. Any word on when that might happen? Two years of Sanogo will do a lot for us moving forward. I really think he would be huge for us. Imagine Sanogo, Akok, Jackson, Gaffney/Martin and Cole in a couple years.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I totally get it. I don't think being Travis Knight's alma mater was ever a big selling point to recruits, so he's certainly not going to help us real in a big man in 2020. I was really just pointing out that we've put players in the NBA (with various degrees of success) at all positions.

The next time there's a 7-footer with a silky touch in Sandy, Utah, he's ALL OURS.

C

Chief00

What are virtual visit rules? We should send this kid the most expensive virtual reality headset as a loaner.
Starting with Zoom isn’t a way to impress, there’s so much better technology out there.

Reaction Score
Starting with Zoom isn’t a way to impress, there’s so much better technology out there.

From what I'm hearing about Zoom that would be Pitinos technology of choice.

Virtual hookers

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
What are virtual visit rules? We should send this kid the most expensive virtual reality headset as a loaner.

And of course...
Screenshot_20200410-173944.png

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
According to 24/7 Sanogo is the third best prospect in 2021 from Mali. Hard to believe there are 2 better. Won’t show me who they are lol.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
According to 24/7 Sanogo is the third best prospect in 2021 from Mali. Hard to believe there are 2 better. Won’t show me who they are lol.
Saw that too and laughed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr. Cam

Top Bottom