ACC votes to add Stanford, Cal, SMU: Conference presidents approve expansion to 18 schools | Page 21 | The Boneyard

ACC votes to add Stanford, Cal, SMU: Conference presidents approve expansion to 18 schools

Reaction Score
C’mon guys. It’s so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. It’s all ball bearings these days.

They just have to wait out the MW conference a little to avoid the poached teams paying exit fees. Poached AAC teams have less strings attached.

For 2025:
8 full member teams only, minimum conf requirement.

Oregon State
Washington State
Rice
Tulane
USF
Temple
UMass
Delaware

Affiliate Football:

Army (Patriot)
Navy (Patriot)
UConn (Big East)
Nova (Big East)

Then, Aug 2, 2027 the MWC invites go out to San Diego State, Fresno State, Boise State, and Colorado State. USF, Temple, UMass, and UD go to the A10 but stay as affiliate FB:

Western Division: 8 full members

Oregon State
Washington State
San Diego State
Fresno State
Boise State
Colorado State
Rice
Tulane

Eastern Division, 8 FB affiliates.

Army - Patriot (FB only)
Navy - Patriot (FB only)
UConn - Big East (FB only)
Nova - Big East (FB only)
Temple - A10 (FB only)
UMass - A10 (FB only)
Delaware - A10 (FB only)
USF - A10 (FB only)

The PAC has a 2024 plan with a MWC contract.

For 2025-2026, the PAC has 8 full members plus 4 affiliate members. It meets NCAA requirements and stays alive without stepping on its MWC commitment.

For 2027 forward, 8 full members + 8 east coast affiliate members. Texas/NOLA stays west. Florida stays east.

The AAC can be poached without any financial hurdles.

The east coast affiliates are the Mass-NY-Phila-DC mega market plus Florida.

With east coast affiliates the PAC can safely stay at 8 full members without unnecessary west coast dilution. Zags and St Mary’s are invited as members, non-football, for a 10 team basketball schedule.

I like this. One potential wrench to throw at this plan..............once the ACC is decimated, they are going to recruit the best remaining programs to join. Depending on how many ACC teams leave, this list will include UConn, Oregon State and Washington State. If FSU gets out soon enough, Oregon State and Washington State may have a landing spot in the ACC before the conclusion of their contract with the MW. Since football schedules are planned out in advance, they will likely be able to fufill their requirements to the MW without breaking the contract, but will know they have a safe landing spot at the conclusion of the contract.

Reaction Score
Dude. Neither team has a had winning record since 2010, and has often been in the bottom 10. If that's a great addition, I cant fathom what a bad addition would be.

Yes there's potential, but the notion that UConn is a prized FB addition is delusional.

Um, ackshully, I'll have you know we were 6-5 after the Liberty win

Nerd Smarty Pants GIF by Poehlmann Fitness

Reaction Score
I like this. One potential wrench to throw at this plan..............once the ACC is decimated, they are going to recruit the best remaining programs to join. Depending on how many ACC teams leave, this list will include UConn, Oregon State and Washington State. If FSU gets out soon enough, Oregon State and Washington State may have a landing spot in the ACC before the conclusion of their contract with the MW. Since football schedules are planned out in advance, they will likely be able to fufill their requirements to the MW without breaking the contract, but will know they have a safe landing spot at the conclusion of the contract.

Another wrench in the gears...if it is true that ESPN has not extended the ACC contract beyond 2026...there is no guarantee that ESPN will extend a media contract with a reconstituted ACC.....rather than make a new offer at a lesser payout. Even if not reconstituted there are no guarantees, it is said, beyond 2026.

They may go the Godfather route they did with the PAC 12....an offer you can't refuse.

As a product of Catholic schools...I hear the Dies Irae (Day of Wrath) being chanted...

"How much trembling there will be
When the judge comes
And strictly examines all things

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I’d like to see the PAC survive. Then if the ACC collapses, Stanford and Cal to the PAC.

Reaction Score
I’d like to see the PAC survive. Then if the ACC collapses, Stanford and Cal to the PAC.
As someone that hopes to be a future member I like your post.

Reaction Score
The great thing about the Boneyard is that it's the only place in the galaxy where every conference realignment scenario includes UConn/UMass/Temple as great FB additions.
Eastern Division, 8 FB affiliates.

Year end Div 1 Sagarin

Nova - 93
Army - 104
USF - 107
Navy - 122
Delaware - 143
UConn - 152
Temple - 173
UMass - 180

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
@Zissou

I admire your commitment to Mova upgrading football but have to think that you may be alone, especially when the effort that you put into another school's board is taken into account.

I'm curious, are you this passionate about the subject on a Nova board? If yes, what is the general response from other Mova fans?

Reaction Score
@Zissou

I admire your commitment to Mova upgrading football but have to think that you may be alone, especially when the effort that you put into another school's board is taken into account.

I'm curious, are you this passionate about the subject on a Nova board? If yes, what is the general response from other Mova fans?

I’m definitely not alone. Literally dozens of us.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur is reporting that North Carolina and Clemson are working together behind the scenes. This would explain why Clemson has been silent on FSU and has not joined them in suing the ACC. Flugaur said he is taking the L on this one. He originally thought Clemson would join FSU in suing the ACC. Instead, they are working with UNC behind the scenes on realignment. UNC is the primary target for the SEC. Does that make Clemson SEC #18?

Reaction Score
“We just don’t feel that we should be regulated by no fault of our own"

Or relegated?
I thought the same thing…

The article has the non-typo full quote:

“We’ve been an Autonomy Five school and have resourced ourselves at that level for 25-30 years,” Schulz said. “Just because we were left standing in musical chairs, we just don’t feel that we should be relegated by no fault of our own.”

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom