ACC votes to add Stanford, Cal, SMU: Conference presidents approve expansion to 18 schools | The Boneyard

ACC votes to add Stanford, Cal, SMU: Conference presidents approve expansion to 18 schools

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Honestly, I didn't want to feel this way, but I'm not rooting for the ruination of all of them. The complete and utter destruction of college athletics as a business. Burn it all down.

Reaction Score
I’ve lost a lot of respect for Stanford as an institution as part of this process. This makes absolutely no sense for them other than as a money grab which they don’t need. I could probably understand football-only since they have no conference at this point. Strange times indeed.

Orc

Reaction Score
This makes me want to puke maybe more than any other one of these. SMU is the least justifiable move I can imagine
ACC will be AAC in the future. I hope we do not join this loser league ever when we know half of their original members will leave and just backfill with Aac dregs. Yuck. Syracuse and BC can enjoy playing with those dregs

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I’ve lost a lot of respect for Stanford as an institution as part of this process. This makes absolutely no sense for them other than as a money grab which they don’t need. I could probably understand football-only since they have no conference at this point. Strange times indeed.

Lol...this is insane.

Their conference imploded. You want them to do what? Sit there? Join the American? Stop playing sports?

Reaction Score
UConn's athletic director has a lot of explaining to do. This makes no sense on any level. The fact that UConn can't even get an invite to join the ACC makes no sense. They are a fit in many ways. If this truly is a political decision because on a grudge that some school has over UConn, then this should be made transparent once and for all. This isn't fair and in an era of NIL and big money for athletics, this puts UConn at a big disadvantage.

We saw last night firsthand what the big discrepancy in talent level means for the football program. Moves like this will eventually extend to our basketball program and other sports if things aren't changed right now.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Lol it’s just going to bury Cuse, Pitt, and LVille even more.

Reaction Score
Lol...this is insane.

Their conference imploded. You want them to do what? Sit there? Join the American? Stop playing sports?
I get it. You don’t care about academics. Message received. There are 350 schools who play D1 athletics. I’m sure they could have found a better solution for non-revenue sports.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I get it. You don’t care about academics. Message received. There are 350 schools who play D1 athletics. I’m sure they could have found a better solution for non-revenue sports.

This is even dumber.

I’m very sure that Stanford and Cal will still be elite academic institutions despite their new association with checks notes Duke, North Carolina and Virginia.

Reaction Score
I think this really hurts our football scheduling too. The ACC having uneven scheduling lead to a lot of our P5 home/home arrangements. Looking at this year and future years, 12 out of 18 of our home/home games are against the ACC. That will probably be going away.

Reaction Score

ACC is going to implode sooner rather than later, but they're a strong academic conference at the top.

Reaction Score
Screw it let’s find our way as independent in football, with last nights crowd we need to make that the norm. The matrix is against UConn let’s continue to beat the matrix, we can be a football power as an independent.

Reaction Score
This is even dumber.

I’m very sure that Stanford and Cal will still be elite academic institutions despite their new association with checks notes Duke, North Carolina and Virginia.
I love when @Fishy gets this way. Stanford successfully fields a lot of non-revenue sports. This is part of the great college experience which is Stanford. If you check a map, the ACC schools are a bit distant from Palo Alto. These student-athletes will need to travel far distances to engage in their athletic endeavors. This is probably not favorable for their academic profile. Understood?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom