ACC votes to add Stanford, Cal, SMU: Conference presidents approve expansion to 18 schools | Page 25 | The Boneyard

ACC votes to add Stanford, Cal, SMU: Conference presidents approve expansion to 18 schools

Reaction Score
$35m per year helps.

Why isn't this obvious?
Of course it is obvious. But other schools really focused on football. Cincinnati was a dreg most of our lifetime and despite being in the exact same predicament made it work.

Reaction Score
What makes you believe that UConn basketball is worth 12-13 million in the Big East?
Because those are pretty close to actual numbers under the new contract
Media
NCAA distribution
Conferebce Tournament
Attendance
in the old Contract was in excess of $10,000,000
the new depending on will be 20% to 30% higher . Not exactly Rocket Science
i didn‘t even include women’s basketball which is playing in a awful conference.

The folks at Storrs should be shopping us as a BB only.out we will be left behind .
my conclusions
I forecated Revenue in the B1G to exceed
$20,000,000
The Big 12 modest increase would be offset by higher costs.
The ACC is a non starter due to future uncertainties as is the SEC for cultural reasons
although playing UK twice a year would be interesting

i

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Because those are pretty close to actual numbers under the new contract
Media
NCAA distribution
Conferebce Tournament
Attendance
in the old Contract was in excess of $10,000,000
the new depending on will be 20% to 30% higher . Not exactly Rocket Science
i didn‘t even include women’s basketball which is playing in a awful conference.

The folks at Storrs should be shopping us as a BB only.out we will be left behind .
my conclusions
I forecated Revenue in the B1G to exceed
$20,000,000
The Big 12 modest increase would be offset by higher costs.
The ACC is a non starter due to future uncertainties as is the SEC for cultural reasons
although playing UK twice a year would be interesting

i
Do you have a link to any of that because that's higher than I anticipated it being.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Apparently Pop, we ain't worth squat, unfortunately...or at least not worth as much we'd like to be valued at. CR is more cutthroat than Game of Thrones. I feel we're like Kenny in South Park, they keep bringing us up just to kill our hopes over and over and over like a South Park/Groundhog Day/Game of Thrones mindless trilogy.
Do you really believe if we stayed independent. In football . We could not get into a P conference. at 20-30%value
What conference would turn that down two of the best if not the best basketball programs in the country
The only thing that devalues UConn is Football . If you could get a significant bump in revenue plus giving greater future security. What is the downside risk to them as we’re pretty decent in other sports . Hockey can stay inn were it is unless the B1G makes is prerequisite.
@20 % that’s double are current media money . but is chump change to their partner.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
Pop, you're making an argument that unfortunately doesn't hold water outside of this forum. Yes, UConn has undeniably solid basketball (as well as hockey, baseball, and recently field hockey), and when our football was decent over a decade ago, the ACC didn't take it. That conference could've taken UConn recently at a discount, but instead took Cal whose football program averaged 5 wins and 7 losses the past 10 years compared to UConn at 3W & 9L over the same period (including the COVID sit out year). Those 2 extra wins for Cal make them so much better for the All Coastal Conference?!?! (I guess so.) Despite that dismal record, we have more history and more in common with many of the ACC members compared to CalFordSmu, but that doesn't present any intrinsic value. We (and our preeminent bball programs) have been repeatedly turned down mate, by 2 of the only other conferences that were remotely interested in us. You ask about downside risk. We're biased fans and want our school to thrive. They don't see it the way we'd like them to and are clearly against UConn for their own inane reasons. They've justified to themselves that we are not worth it, even at a discount.

Reaction Score
Pop, you're making an argument that unfortunately doesn't hold water outside of this forum. Yes, UConn has undeniably solid basketball (as well as hockey, baseball, and recently field hockey), and when our football was decent over a decade ago, the ACC didn't take it. That conference could've taken UConn recently at a discount, but instead took Cal whose football program averaged 5 wins and 7 losses the past 10 years compared to UConn at 3W & 9L over the same period (including the COVID sit out year). Those 2 extra wins for Cal make them so much better for the All Coastal Conference?!?! (I guess so.) Despite that dismal record, we have more history and more in common with many of the ACC members compared to CalFordSmu, but that doesn't present any intrinsic value. We (and our preeminent bball programs) have been repeatedly turned down mate, by 2 of the only other conferences that were remotely interested in us. You ask about downside risk. We're biased fans and want our school to thrive. They don't see it the way we'd like them to and are clearly against UConn for their own inane reasons. They've justified to themselves that we are not worth it, even at a discount.
I’m not advocating full membership because football typically is 70-80% of the media deal and we bring nothing to the table .to justify that . That’s why we are were we are When we think CR we normally think the whole package and that thinking could sink the program.
In an insecure world we have to consider decoupling from our liability.
I don’t want to leave football behind but if this were my business
and if I could double current revenue by offering a conference the sports that fans associate with UConn ,
that may be the recipe for survival .
That doesn’t change the Indy status of football one iota in fact may enhance it.

Reaction Score
The problem is that the Sec, B1G, ACC are all sports conferences. Until football is separated, it will be difficult for a school to get invited without football.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpio1

Top Bottom