ACC Regular Season 2023-24 | Page 13 | The Boneyard

ACC Regular Season 2023-24

Reaction Score
Go Hoos! Great win against Miami.
1) I'm surprised at Miami's performance in conference play as a whole this season. On paper, I didn't see them being under .500.

2) Love that Virginia keeps fighting. Things haven't gone their way this season with injuries, but they compete every game from what I've seen

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Duke is an experience upon itself and can completely throw off certain teams if you're not ready for them. Voila. I see this win as more important for the Blue Devils than as a step (way) backwards for Syracuse. Onto Sunday's match-ups.

In addition, Lawson and Duke gave me a glimpse into what Syracuse's next year could be like: not like this year.
The only two players in double figures for the Orange were Fair and Wooley, both of whom transferred over from Buffalo with Coach Jack. And both of whom are flat out of eligibility. So, this team is going to change and I'm not sure I see Latham or Wood becoming the consistent scorers and creators those two are. That's a big roster challenge for Coach Jack.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Duke is an experience upon itself and can completely throw off certain teams if you're not ready for them. Voila. I see this win as more important for the Blue Devils than as a step (way) backwards for Syracuse. Onto Sunday's match-ups.

In addition, Lawson and Duke gave me a glimpse into what Syracuse's next year could be like: not like this year.
The only two players in double figures for the Orange were Fair and Wooley, both of whom transferred over from Buffalo with Coach Jack. And both of whom are flat out of eligibility. So, this team is going to change and I'm not sure I see Latham or Wood become the consistent scorers those two are. That's a big roster challenge for Coach Jack.
Correction re Woolley my friend. She's a junior with one year of eligibility left. She was a freshman during the 2021 season.

Reaction Score
1) I'm surprised at Miami's performance in conference play as a whole this season. On paper, I didn't see them being under .500.

2) Love that Virginia keeps fighting. Things haven't gone their way this season with injuries, but they compete every game from what I've seen
You’re right, UVA never gives up. They do go into nasty periods in most games, and that has hurt them a lot. But clearly they’re getting better. Johnson is the real deal!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
You’re right, UVA never gives up. They do go into nasty periods in most games, and that has hurt them a lot. But clearly they’re getting better. Johnson is the real deal!

I think you guys will pull off an upset in the last three games. I just hope it isn't next Thursday. Yall have a good chance on Senior Night in Charlottesville.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Correction re Woolley my friend. She's a junior with one year of eligibility left. She was a freshman during the 2021 season.
Dang!
I want her out of the ACC, along with Fair!! (This is what happens when the Orange, after losing to ND for the millenium, beat the Irish twice in a season! :mad:;) ).

Well, at least Fair is headed off to the next level.....

p.s. I actually like both their games and respect everything they've done.
Woolley reminds me of what Irish fans were hoping Alli Campbell might be, pre-transfer and pre-multiple injuries.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dang!
I want her out of the ACC, along with Fair!! (This is what happens when the Orange, after losing to ND for the millenium, beat the Irish twice in a season! :mad:;) ).

Well, at least Fair is headed off to the next level.....

p.s. I actually like both their games and respect everything they've done.
Woolley reminds me of what Irish fans were hoping Alli Campbell might be, pre-transfer and pre-multiple injuries.
Sorry to burst your bubble there.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I think you guys will pull off an upset in the last three games. I just hope it isn't next Thursday. Yall have a good chance on Senior Night in Charlottesville.

20240225_125720.jpg

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Suddenly, that game has some intrigue attached to it.

Reaction Score
I told my wife before the game that I thought UVA had a shot against Louisville today. Felt we matched up well. UVA pulled it off. Went on a 14-1 run in the 4th Q. First time the Cards have lost to an unranked ACC team at the Yum Center. 4th win in 5 games for the Hoos. First time we’ve beaten 3 ranked teams in a season in something like 10-15 years. Coach Mox has us headed in the right direction!

Reaction Score
You called it. Hopefully another upset on Thursday

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I was playing around with that Conference Tournament scenario generator @triaddukefan linked us to. Lots of various combinations possible, but there are only two scenarios I was able to find with NC State holding on to a top 4 seed in the ACCT with a loss to Syracuse.

That game with Syracuse is shaping up to be gigantic. State can lock up a top 4 seed with a win..and could find itself playing on Thursday in the ACCT with a third straight conference loss.

Reaction Score
No nights (or days) off.
My Cardinals took the afternoon off today. Played like a team that thought they could mail it in. UVA played great, coming back in the fourth quarter, but Louisville seemed lifeless out there. UVA rebounded close to 50% of their own missed shots and got to all of the loose balls.

It's a shame - 10,000+ on a day celebrating women's and girls' sports - lots of young families and first-time attendees present. Walz was royally ticked off. And he should have been.

Reaction Score
And Duke won 58-45. I don't get the ups and downs that go on but they keep happening. Crazy ACC keeps surprising me as does Indiana Iowa and LSU Auburn early in the game. Glad I didn't bet on anyone.
Always bet on the Gamecocks!!! You'll never lose!!;)

Reaction Score
I was playing around with that Conference Tournament scenario generator @triaddukefan linked us to. Lots of various combinations possible, but there are only two scenarios I was able to find with NC State holding on to a top 4 seed in the ACCT with a loss to Syracuse.

That game with Syracuse is shaping up to be gigantic. State can lock up a top 4 seed with a win..and could find itself playing on Thursday in the ACCT with a third straight conference loss.
At least the game is at home, the dome is tough to play in. Just make sure you're up double digits going into the fourth or Fair will start doing whatever it is she does along with their rebounders. Good luck but not too much because it might help ND if you lose although ND just needs to win and let the chips fall.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom