ACC network officially happening | Page 8 | The Boneyard

ACC network officially happening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It's an urban university, lol. What do you think it's mission should have been? Not that ot matters...................in an article about the outgoing President, these are some facts around his tenure - to update you own perceptions, if nothing else. UConn's national ranking would set it about 2/3 down the ladder in the ACC. As "bottom dwellers" ourselves, one may be able to appreciate my allusions to self-improvement after reading this. Besides, no one is unhappy about getting Louisville, lol. The Big 12 laments losing us to this very day and the ACC is delighted to have us.

"Since Ramsey took over in 2002, nearly $2.1 billion was invested in the Belknap Campus. What once was a commuter school now boasts eight new dorms or affiliated housing structures, along with subsequent development around the campus for dining and social activities. It is not the place it used to be.

The average ACT score for incoming freshmen has risen from 23.2 in 2002 to 25.5. The six-year graduation rate, 33 percent in 2002, is 52.9 percent in 2015-16. The number of bachelor's degrees has increased by nearly 1,000 per year. The number of doctorates has nearly doubled. In the past 10 years, U of L produced more Fulbright Scholars than all other Kentucky colleges combined. Last week, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry commended the school's work in the Fulbright program in a letter to Ramsey.

Three new research parks -- ShelbyHurst, Belknap Applied Sciences and Engineering Park and JD Nichols Innovation Park have been added, and research spending has increased 359 percent despite the loss of some federal earmarked funds.

Ramsey, with his experience in Frankfort as the state's chief economist for Wallace Wilkinson and his position in the government of Paul Patton, made U of L a more legitimate player in the General Assembly.

The university, under Ramsey, accomplished all that despite two recessions and a state budget that cut appropriations more than a dozen times. U of L became less reliant on public money and better positioned to chart its own financial course independent of government spending fluctuations in the future.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
It's an urban university, lol. What do you think it's mission should have been? Not that ot matters....in an article about the outgoing President, these are some facts around his tenure - to update you own perceptions, if nothing else. UConn's national ranking would set it about 2/3 down the ladder in the ACC. As "bottom dwellers" ourselves, one may be able to appreciate my allusions to self-improvement after reading this. Besides, no one is unhappy about getting Louisville, lol. The Big 12 laments losing us to this very day and the ACC is delighted to have us.

"Since Ramsey took over in 2002, nearly $2.1 billion was invested in the Belknap Campus. What once was a commuter school now boasts eight new dorms or affiliated housing structures, along with subsequent development around the campus for dining and social activities. It is not the place it used to be.

The average ACT score for incoming freshmen has risen from 23.2 in 2002 to 25.5. The six-year graduation rate, 33 percent in 2002, is 52.9 percent in 2015-16. The number of bachelor's degrees has increased by nearly 1,000 per year. The number of doctorates has nearly doubled. In the past 10 years, U of L produced more Fulbright Scholars than all other Kentucky colleges combined. Last week, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry commended the school's work in the Fulbright program in a letter to Ramsey.

Three new research parks -- ShelbyHurst, Belknap Applied Sciences and Engineering Park and JD Nichols Innovation Park have been added, and research spending has increased 359 percent despite the loss of some federal earmarked funds.

Ramsey, with his experience in Frankfort as the state's chief economist for Wallace Wilkinson and his position in the government of Paul Patton, made U of L a more legitimate player in the General Assembly.

The university, under Ramsey, accomplished all that despite two recessions and a state budget that cut appropriations more than a dozen times. U of L became less reliant on public money and better positioned to chart its own financial course independent of government spending fluctuations in the future.

Not only all of ^^^ but you provide your recruits with the best hookers and blow money can buy. I'm sure the ACC blue bloods couldn't be prouder of their association with your fine academic institution. I hope they don't run out of clothespins for their noses.

Reaction Score
A lot of angst about the Cards...

They are a P5...maybe when UConn goes P5, that angst will lesson some.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
A lot of angst about the Cards...

They are a P5...maybe when UConn goes P5, that angst will lesson some.
No angst. Posters from other schools seem to love to stop by to compare resumes... it doesn't end well for them.

Reaction Score
Even if we make our way into the B12 somehow it will be a pretty lousy outcome compared to the ACC or B1G, especially with the assumption UT, OU and KU are gone in 2024

ACC probably waiting to see their chances with UT longer term and won't do anything until then, probably same with B1G

No angst. Posters from other schools seem to love to stop by to compare resumes... it doesn't end well for them.

Reaction Score
Not only that, but Louisville's fan base is hugely and predominantly composed of highly successful adults.

A great majority of these people attended and graduated from UofL.

I live in Louisville. You are out of your gottdamm mind.

Louisville's fanbase is one of the most white trash, line-beard, uneducated, ghetto-bird fanbases in all of college athletics. And the school administration, including athletic admin, is a national joke on all levels. Have you seen the current President drama? The disgraced Bobby Petrino?? Abortion funding Pitino?? Hookers and whores??

Pure urban trash. And once you get five miles outside of the city, no one gives a flying F about the school.

UoL, aka, Louiville Community College (LCC), is complete dogshit with a corrupt and morally bankrupt administration, and a garbage fanbase. UoL is everything that is wrong with college athletics.

I respect the absolute worst of the SEC more than UoLCC, and I despise the SEC.

edit; "A great majority of these people attended and graduated from UofL." Is graduating from UoL supposed to give some kind of cred to these fans?? Aside from WVU, LCC is the absolute worst P5 school RE academics. Congrats?

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
1) Louisville is a Big 12 school with the moral compass of an SEC school who got into the ACC because the ACC was scared. No, it's not an impressive academic institution, but that isn't its mission anyway.

2) In terms of a network, adding Louisville was a mistake. It's another market dominated by a competitor, but so be it - it's not our problem.

3) If Swofford really negotiated that $45M yearly penalty into the contract, he's brilliant. Straight brilliant. I give the guy all the credit in the world.

4) What an amazing failure of imagination on the part of the ESPN people - between the massive Big Ten money, Big 12 expansion and now having to start a network no one really wants in a market that is openly hostile, their cost-cutting has just begun. I still have no idea how they are going to sell this turkey, but given that their hands were probably forced by the Big Ten lurking with that massive contract as an arsenal, I guess they had no choice - rolling into 2020 with the Big Ten waving $50M at UNC/UVa, etc., was probably ESPN's nightmare given that the Big Ten really isn't tied to them,

Reaction Score
1) Louisville is a Big 12 school with the moral compass of an SEC school who got into the ACC because the ACC was scared. No, it's not an impressive academic institution, but that isn't its mission anyway.

2) In terms of a network, adding Louisville was a mistake. It's another market dominated by a competitor, but so be it - it's not our problem.

3) If Swofford really negotiated that $45M yearly penalty into the contract, he's brilliant. Straight brilliant. I give the guy all the credit in the world.

4) What an amazing failure of imagination on the part of the ESPN people - between the massive Big Ten money, Big 12 expansion and now having to start a network no one really wants in a market that is openly hostile, their cost-cutting has just begun. I still have no idea how they are going to sell this turkey, but given that their hands were probably forced by the Big Ten lurking with that massive contract as an arsenal, I guess they had no choice - rolling into 2020 with the Big Ten waving $50M at UNC/UVa, etc., was probably ESPN's nightmare given that the Big Ten really isn't tied to them,

Hmmm, ESPN will be alright. They are subsidized to do all this great stuff by the wonderful taxpayers of Connecticut.

If Memphis is about to get another big chunk of ESPN's money, maybe someone in Conn. will call for an explanation.

Reaction Score
I live in Louisville. You are out of your gottdamm mind.

Louisville's fanbase is one of the most white trash, line-beard, uneducated, ghetto-bird fanbases in all of college athletics. And the school administration, including athletic admin, is a national joke on all levels. Have you seen the current President drama? The disgraced Bobby Petrino?? Abortion funding Pitino?? Hookers and whores??

Pure urban trash. And once you get five miles outside of the city, no one gives a flying F about the school.

UoL, aka, Louiville Community College (LCC), is complete dogshit with a corrupt and morally bankrupt administration, and a garbage fanbase. UoL is everything that is wrong with college athletics.

I respect the absolute worst of the SEC more than UoLCC, and I despise the SEC.

edit; "A great majority of these people attended and graduated from UofL." Is graduating from UoL supposed to give some kind of cred to these fans?? Aside from WVU, LCC is the absolute worst P5 school RE academics. Congrats?

LMAO. You're obviously a UK fan. Who cares what you think? Hating the town you live in - lol, congratulate yourself on a live fully lived!! I've lived in Vancouver, BC, Santa Cruz, California, Reno, Nevada and Portland, Oregon and I rate Louisville as equally appealing. Of course, much of the experience for me is also the people, so that could be the difference in perceptions.

Yeah, it's so bad in Louisville for the trashy U that the Home Arena sits on the Ohio as a local icon, existing as the best sports bar in America, lol, seats 22K and has luxuries pro teams don;t have. It is also regularly featured as one of the best cities in America to live in, but I'm just rubbing it in now.

And you live there? Bwahahahahaha............ Bad news, pud, so do I. This just makes it that much worse for you.

Last edited:

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
LMAO. You're obviously a UK fan. Who cares what you think? Hating the town you live in - lol, congratulate yourself on a live fully lived!! I've lived in Vancouver, BC, Santa Cruz, California, Reno, Nevada and Portland, Oregon and I rate Louisville as equally appealing. Of course, much of the experience for me is also the people, so that could be the difference in perceptions.

Yeah, it's so bad in Louisville for the trashy U that the Home Arena sits on the Ohio as a local icon, existing as the best sports bar in America, lol, seats 22K and has luxuries pro teams don;t have. It is also regularly featured as one of the best cities in America to live in, but I'm just rubbing it in now.

And you live there? Bwahahahahaha.. Bad news, pud, so do I. This just makes it that much worse for you.

Dude, Louisville is a fine town. But how do you expect to have any credibility when you compare it to Portland and Vancouver?

Reaction Score
Even when I was eight years old, I knew about Louisville....my Louisville Slugger was my prize possession along with my Rawlings PML Stan Musial glove.

Now that I am a lot older, I appreciate other things...like the Kentucky Bourbon trail and the bourbon bars of Louisville that feature 50 different bourbons.

Scotch seems to be the urban drink of choice in the upper east...but bourbon is my thing.

31GuardTrap

Bringing back the basics
Reaction Score

And you live there? Bwahahahahaha.. Bad news, pud, so do I. This just makes it that much worse for you.
I have NEVER ever heard anyone refer to Louisville as one of the best cities in America to live in. Is it featured locally? Congrats on being the home to the Slugger though.

Reaction Score
Well our football program is growing by leaps and bounds. Here is a preview of the just announced stadium expansion to 65000 with new training facilities. Papa Johns is on track to be over 77,000 seats in another decade. The field level suites are the first in college football.

My Boston Terrier is proud!

Reaction Score

I thought Louisville seemed like a pretty nice small city first time I visited, next time I visited I actually got to see the guts of the city and it's pretty dumpy. You lose all credibility when you say Louisville is on equal footing with Vancouver and Portland.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
How is it that all these Louisville fans started showing up. Did someone forget to spray?

bug-spray-on-insect-2.jpg

Reaction Score
Well our football program is growing by leaps and bounds. Here is a preview of the just announced stadium expansion to 65000 with new training facilities. Papa Johns is on track to be over 77,000 seats in another decade. The field level suites are the first in college football.

New UL Motto
resized_the-most-interesting-man-in-the-world-meme-generator-i-don-t-do-blow-but-when-i-do-i-prefer-to-take-it-off-a-hooker-s-tits-07242c.jpg

Reaction Score

You seem smart, like a typical UoLCC grad.

Did I mention the city of Louisville, itself, one time?? No, I degraded and denounced UoLCC, it's fans, its admins, it's everything.

I love living in The Ville, and have since 2000.

BTW - That's Purdue Pete to the left. I've been on this board for quite some time, and people know me here as a B1G honk and PUR grad. You, and your school, and all your friends, are dogshit.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Did I mention the city of Louisville, itself, one time?? No, I degraded and denounced UoLCC, it's fans, its admins, it's everything.
You seem smart, like a typical UoLCC grad.

I love living in The Ville, and have since 2000.

BTW - That's Purdue Pete to the left. I've been on this board for quite some time, and people know me here as a B1G honk and PUR grad. You, and your school, and all your friends, are dogshit.
I'm in a hateful mood right now and this is some next level hate, I love it.

Reaction Score
Scratch that, I changed my avatar back to the Boilermaker from Pete.

You can go to Hell, LCC dregs.

Reaction Score
Senore was once a very good poster, and then started bashing UConn as much as possible around the time of the 4th national championship in 2014.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Senore was once a very good poster, and then started bashing UConn as much as possible around the time of the 4th national championship in 2014.
Coinciding with Louisville becoming a P5 school??? Shocker that he'd look at us with disgust...we're G5, not even allowed in the same room with those P5 types. Asshats

Reaction Score
More info re ACC contract from interview with FSU President Thrasher...

...he mentions super conferences, change, three contracted look ins (1st in 2021)

A: Here’s the thing about the Grant of Rights. It’s an extension [of the previous deal], and I understand that. And everybody in the ACC went along with it … and, by the way, it was unanimous among the presidents. The one interesting thing is, once we get it started, there are three look-backs. So there are going to be three opportunities during the course of the contract to take a look at it. To take a step back and see how it’s doing: Do there need to be adjustments? Things like that. ESPN agreed to that. The ACC agreed to it. So the first one will be in 2021. So we’ll have about 2½ years of experience, and we’ll see where we are.

If we have to make some adjustments, we’ll make some adjustments. But college football’s evolving. You hear all of these ideas about super-conferences and all that. That could happen. But at least for the time being, we’re going to be well taken care of in the ACC. And I like the ACC, personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom