ACC network officially happening | Page 9 | The Boneyard

ACC network officially happening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Sounds like President Thrasher thinks that there may be some weight to the four super conference thoughts going around.

Reaction Score
LMAO. You're obviously a UK fan. Who cares what you think? Hating the town you live in - lol, congratulate yourself on a live fully lived!! I've lived in Vancouver, BC, Santa Cruz, California, Reno, Nevada and Portland, Oregon and I rate Louisville as equally appealing. Of course, much of the experience for me is also the people, so that could be the difference in perceptions.

Yeah, it's so bad in Louisville for the trashy U that the Home Arena sits on the Ohio as a local icon, existing as the best sports bar in America, lol, seats 22K and has luxuries pro teams don;t have. It is also regularly featured as one of the best cities in America to live in, but I'm just rubbing it in now.

And you live there? Bwahahahahaha.. Bad news, pud, so do I. This just makes it that much worse for you.

Only a UL graduate would compare a city like Louisville to a city like Vancouver. I love Vancouver, and I would love to visit every chance I can. As for Louisville, it is pretty far down on the list of cities as far as destinations.

Congrats on your community college somehow made into the P5. However. It still does not change the fact that your school is dog poop when it comes to academics or integrity of your coaches.

Reaction Score
Sounds like President Thrasher thinks that there may be some weight to the four super conference thoughts going around.
Don't worry about it. there is a good chance you won't be around in 2021

oh hell yeah I will.....we live a long time...grandpa was still chopping firewood in his 90's and died at 95. Good hearts..if the big C doesn't come bite me in the butt...I'll cruise for a while.

Reaction Score
You would think, but resentment remained. No one likes to get sued in a corporate setting, let alone individually. By naming a host of individuals in the suit, he created many bitter memories for the very people who would determine our fate in 2011. As far as Pitt is concerned, the defendants believed the suit was Blumenthal's and the State of Connecticut's baby.
We were detested for doing it. Even if all of the defendants ended up with "Irish Alzheimer's", they would remember Blumenthal's suit.

Looking backward, the naming of individuals in the lawsuit was where it crossed the line. I think Swofford was one of those named but to his credit it apparently has not affected his judgement - after all, "this is business". However including Rev. Leahy of BC left some bad memories there I think as Leahy is a Catholic priest with vows of celibacy and poverty. He earns no $$$ as head of BC. I understand Susan Herbst to her credit has reached out to him.

No one really knows the future but I am hopeful the ACC network will be a great success and that your school will get in the P5 somewhere. As I mentioned, this is a business - it is not "only a game" - BB players can go one and done, FB players can leave after 3 years, both BB and FB players can become overnight millionaires, FB and BB HCs are millionaires, and assistant coaches yearly earn more than many of the folks on any sports comment board. Now we can "blame" OU for suing the NCAA and the Supreme Court ruling in 1984 for causing the big money grab when control over TV money went from the NCAA to individual schools and conferences, but under capitalism it is what it is. It is a very efficient, dynamic system but is only concerned with short-term $$$ interests as one of your commenters noted.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Looking backward, the naming of individuals in the lawsuit was where it crossed the line. I think Swofford was one of those named but to his credit it apparently has not affected his judgement - after all, "this is business". However including Rev. Leahy of BC left some bad memories there I think as Leahy is a Catholic priest with vows of celibacy and poverty. He earns no $$$ as head of BC. I understand Susan Herbst to her credit has reached out to him.

No one really knows the future but I am hopeful the ACC network will be a great success and that your school will get in the P5 somewhere. As I mentioned, this is a business - it is not "only a game" - BB players can go one and done, FB players can leave after 3 years, both BB and FB players can become overnight millionaires, FB and BB HCs are millionaires, and assistant coaches yearly earn more than many of the folks on any sports comment board. Now we can "blame" OU for suing the NCAA and the Supreme Court ruling in 1984 for causing the big money grab when control over TV money went from the NCAA to individual schools and conferences, but under capitalism it is what it is. It is a very efficient, dynamic system but is only concerned with short-term $$$ interests as one of your commenters noted.
B.C. never wanted us in the Big East, largely fled the Big East because of us, did everything in their power to sabotage us following them out of the Big East, and would/will vote against UConn joining the ACC forever as a matter of unstated policy. It has nothing to do with lawsuits.

UConn puts the lie to the claim that Northeast schools can't compete in athletics like southern schools can, an excuse that conveniently forgives B.C.'s 50+ years of ineptitude. They have every legitimate reason to fear UConn on equal footing with them. B.C. more resembles the small, insular, private city schools of the Big East it left behind in terms of athletic department resources and fan footprint than the southern schools that are the meat of the ACC. The fact that they play football doesn't change anything. UConn is considerably better equipped for the athletic grind, and they know it.

It pisses me off how little the rest of the country knows about northeast schools. Bunch of ignorant, provincial morons, all of them.

Reaction Score

Much worse was done to Leahy by schools admitted to the ACC.

The key was that as soon as UConn's membership in BE football came up, already BC was opposed in ways. For instance, there is an article from 2002 written by Bob Ryan in the Boston Globe where he quotes BC AD sources as saying they are very worried UConn will come to dominate as they have in basketball.

Reaction Score
B.C. never wanted us in the Big East, largely fled the Big East because of us, did everything in their power to sabotage us following them out of the Big East, and would/will vote against UConn joining the ACC forever as a matter of unstated policy. It has nothing to do with lawsuits.

UConn puts the lie to the claim that Northeast schools can't compete in athletics like southern schools can, an excuse that conveniently forgives B.C.'s 50+ years of ineptitude. They have every legitimate reason to fear UConn on equal footing with them. B.C. more resembles the small, insular, private city schools of the Big East it left behind in terms of athletic department resources and fan footprint than the southern schools that are the meat of the ACC. The fact that they play football doesn't change anything. UConn is considerably better equipped for the athletic grind, and they know it.

It pisses me off how little the rest of the country knows about northeast schools. Bunch of ignorant, provincial morons, all of them.

I think Rev. Leahy was basically looking for more money to support BC's numerous athletic teams. I read several BC sites and many fans on those sites are highly critical of him as having no interest in athletics - one of them said that he told a BC group it costs $20 million to support BC athletics so they make no profit on the ACC money - a statement ridiculed by a number of BC posters. (Since they got $26.8 million in 2015 from the ACC they made nearly a $7 million profit by that "reasoning".) :eek:

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I think Rev. Leahy was basically looking for more money to support BC's numerous athletic teams. I read several BC sites and many fans on those sites are highly critical of him as having no interest in athletics - one of them said that he told a BC group it costs $20 million to support BC athletics so they make no profit on the ACC money - a statement ridiculed by a number of BC posters. (Since they got $26.8 million in 2015 from the ACC they made nearly a $7 million profit by that "reasoning".) :eek:
The extra money supports the father's "vow of poverty" lifestyle. There are plenty of people who would trade places with him for his non-salaried position.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wrong. Leahy said it was all about academics. Unless he was lying.
Oh I doubt he was lying. I mean they must have voted against Louisville's addition to the ACC, right?

Reaction Score
http://www.espn.com/watchespn/roadb...s&id=2873838&_slug_=connecticut-vs-notre-dame

UConn's 1st game on ACC Extra Network

UConn vs #1 ranked Norte Dame men's soccer

, Watch online, on your phone, Xbox, etc. more the better to show our non linear reach aka "in the air"

Our baseball tournament #s were so good, ESPN3 shut down due to the overload on its server. (At least, I'm telling myself that's the reason). Earlier this year, Most had to watch highlights on bases loaded instead of UConn's individual channel.

Reaction Score
http://www.espn.com/watchespn/roadb...s&id=2873838&_slug_=connecticut-vs-notre-dame

UConn's 1st game on ACC Extra Network

UConn vs #1 ranked Norte Dame men's soccer

, Watch online, on your phone, Xbox, etc. more the better to show our non linear reach aka "in the air"

Our baseball tournament #s were so good, ESPN3 shut down due to the overload on its server. (At least, I'm telling myself that's the reason). Earlier this year, Most had to watch highlights on bases loaded instead of UConn's individual channel.

Done. Nice find. Spoiler alert -- 0-0 at half.

Reaction Score
Done. Nice find. Spoiler alert -- 0-0 at half.

I respect Soccer and its athletes, but the low scoring nature of the game is the biggest reason I'll never watch anything but the World Cup. They will never pull a hockey and make the nets bigger but if they did I wouldn't be surprised if viewership in the US skyrocketed.

Reaction Score
People should put it on even if they don't like soccer.

Say, the average ACC soccer game on this fairly new digital network has like 100-500 viewers.
If UConn's 1st game on the new network can have like 2,000+ that would show something positive about ALL of UConn's athletic programs

Reaction Score
People should put it on even if they don't like soccer.

Say, the average ACC soccer game on this fairly new digital network has like 100-500 viewers.
If UConn's 1st game on the new network can have like 2,000+ that would show something positive about ALL of UConn's athletic programs

That and I personally like soccer. I don't need a ton of scoring to be entertained by good plan. To each his own.

0-0 final against the #1 ranked Irish. Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom