Abu on campus today | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Abu on campus today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Between Terrell, and Cooley being the coach that has recruited him the longest, Providence is probably the school with the biggest emotional pull for him. I don't know how much that factors in, but I agree Providence is the school he'd have the toughest time saying no to.

Kid has been a UConn fan growing up. That doesn't mean it's the best place for him, but it does have sentimental value.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Kid has been a UConn fan growing up. That doesn't mean it's the best place for him, but it does have sentimental value.
It led Drummond to UConn. But he was a uconn lock since he was born.

Reaction Score
There was a photo of Abu that was credited to the peegs guy, which is why his name is showing up. The article was written by the main NC State guy on TOS.

@FlaHusky Didn't mean to come off as having a direct source, just the vibe that I'm getting from all the NC State and Florida boards that I could find (free and premium). I read one post that came from a friend of the walk-on who hosted Abu on his visit to the NC State campus. While hosting, the kid heard that the Florida visit didn't go so well. There were other posters from Florida boards who mentioned that Abu had gotten into Florida for a visit at 5pm and immediately left the next morning, and some Florida insiders seem to believe that they are out of the Abu race. Also (purely speculation on my part), there was a recent article from Zags how Florida is pushing really hard to get Trey Lyles, and Billy Donavon is the lead recruiter for Lyles. Maybe Donavon wants Lyles more than Abu, and that was made apparent on his visit?

Regarding the visit last night, the only thing that I could find, which was retweeted by 3, was this from someone who appears to be associated with Abu's AAU team:
Bojangles@HDreamsM_RT 16h
Took the young boy to a UCONN visit today and had him speak with the young homie Bazz and Coach Ollie. Great program

But I agree, it has been quiet considering he was on campus yesterday. Almost too quiet. I wonder what's up.
Tcf, thanks for the additional info, much appreciated. It's like this kid is the Keyser Soze of college basketball recruits.

Reaction Score
Tcf, thanks for the additional info, much appreciated. It's like this kid is the Keyser Soze of college basketball recruits.

The odd thing about that story is that Abu visited Florida after NC State so how would the friend of the walk-on have overheard Abu talking about his Florida visit?

Reaction Score
The odd thing about that story is that Abu visited Florida after NC State so how would the friend of the walk-on have overheard Abu talking about his Florida visit?
Sorry, I misread the post. Here was the original:
staats hosted Abu on his visit...said it was hard to show him a great time because no one was in town, but it seemed he still enjoyed himself. staats said that he heard Abu's trip to FL did not go very well...he said he feels pretty good about our chances. caught up with him last night.

Reaction Score
Abu has said nice things about all four schools. I will consider us very fortunate in the event he chooses UConn. He would be a big piece of the next championship run, in the event we do not cut down the nets this season.

Reaction Score
I know someone who is in Abu's "inner circle" who is involved with the decision but he won't tell me squat. Wouldn't even give me a hint. I was hoping for at least something.

Reaction Score
PC fans are happy about the Abu quote on Ollie posted early ("Ollie will do great things whether he gets me or not.") Sounds like a death knell. But in that same interview, this is what he said about PC:

Packaged deals rarely occur, but Abu and Terrell have long talked about attending the same college.
"A packaged deal has always been the thing with Jared and I, for a little while honestly," Abu said. "There is a chance with one school left out of four I guess. It's an option we are weighing and definitely possible."

Seems a little Bill Belichick has seeped into Abu's interview style. I like it.

Reaction Score
@Coach_Boswell: Great visit yesterday at UCONN, they are doing special things down in CT

This is his AAU coach. Looks great!
This is the best news. Have to admit, I was getting a negative feeling about landing him. Sounds like Florida is out and things are looking up for us.

Reaction Score
PC poster says it's down to URI and Ok St. for Terrell. Not sure how accurate but that would be good news.

D

Deleted member 3149

I think Sept is going to be a special month.
Pretty excited!

1 year ago, we were quite a mess in September.

Transfers, new coach, postseason ban. We were dooooooomed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom