Abu down to 4 schools- UConn on the list | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Abu down to 4 schools- UConn on the list

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 3149

If PC gets Kaleb Joseph, Jared Terrell, Jalen Lindsey, AMA, and Paschal Chukwu......Well I'm not sure what I'd do. But it's starting to seem more realistic. That would be a scary class.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
On AMA's twitter he has expressed that he wants to commit already. He might know where he wants to go by now...

Reaction Score
Makes no sense to schedule a joint presser for different schools. I've moved my hopes towards devin robinson and josh perkins. Oh and or colson

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Makes no sense to schedule a joint presser for different schools. I've moved my hopes towards devin robinson and josh perkins. Oh and or colson
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Unless the talk about them playing together has been a lie.

Reaction Score
If PC gets Kaleb Joseph, Jared Terrell, Jalen Lindsey, AMA, and Paschal Chukwu......Well I'm not sure what I'd do. But it's starting to seem more realistic. That would be a scary class.

It's not exactly a mutually exclusive thing where we can't still have a monster class if PC gets those guys.

D

Deleted member 3149

It's not exactly a mutually exclusive thing where we can't still have a monster class if PC gets those guys.

Yea no doubt.

We could very well see Purvis, Hamilton, Perkins, Robinson, or even Larrier all in UConn uniforms in 2014.

Most of us forget that our 2 biggest recruits are already locked in to play in 2014. (Rodney and D-Ham)

Reaction Score
I have a sneaky suspicion that we should get Abu. But I don't think one can't go to PC without the other. Therefore, I think PC should get Terrell even if (when?) we get Abu. I'm also wondering about the prospects of neither of them staying local. Both players have two local schools, but then two schools from far away.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Yea no doubt.

We could very well see Purvis, Hamilton, Perkins, Robinson, or even Larrier all in UConn uniforms in 2014.

Most of us forget that our 2 biggest recruits are already locked in to play in 2014. (Rodney and D-Ham)
No one is forgetting. But when Kate Upton is waving her finger at you to come to her, you get all excited. But when you realize that she is waving at the guy behind you, the disappointment is considerable in spite of the fact that you shared a bed with Olivia Wilde earlier.

caw

Reaction Score

Read into what another exUConn recruit did when committing to Georgetown. Kid next to him goes to South Carolina. Happens a lot with teammates.

D

Deleted member 3149

No one is forgetting. But when Kate Upton is waving her finger at you to come to her, you get all excited. But when you realize that she is waving at the guy behind you, the disappointment is considerable in spite of the fact that you shared a bed with Olivia Wilde earlier.

hahah one of the funnier comparisons i've seen on here... well said fleud

Reaction Score
Read into what another exUConn recruit did when committing to Georgetown. Kid next to him goes to South Carolina. Happens a lot with teammates.
You're right it is possible terrel commits to uri and Abu us. Ill just prepare for the worst. Also isn't perkins deciding before September?

ctchamps

Reaction Score
You're right it is possible terrel commits to uri and Abu us. Ill just prepare for the worst. Also isn't perkins deciding before September?
Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. We can be manic about it or put on the shields that keep us from getting too excited but help us avoid getting too disappointed. Interesting some of us are "even keel" about everything throughout their lives. Most of us have emotional restraint depending on the situation with our lives. And most of us have more emotional restraint the older we get. I'm an old dude trying to resist this.:)

Reaction Score

Aug 25th or something like that, definitely end of Aug. It would be nice to hear about that visit being scheduled soon...

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Aug 25th or something like that, definitely end of Aug. It would be nice to hear about that visit being scheduled soon...
I would imagine that if he still intends to keep that date it is very unlikely UConn is in the picture.

Reaction Score
hm yeah I know he hurt his back and rescheduled his last visit here. got a feeling he commits to gonzaga. McLaughlin seems like a west coast kid also. So that would leave us... Carrington?

Reaction Score
hm yeah I know he hurt his back and rescheduled his last visit here. got a feeling he commits to gonzaga. McLaughlin seems like a west coast kid also. So that would leave us... Carrington?

Carrington isn't a PG, he claims he can play PG but that sounds like the similar refrain of short SGs now saying they can play or want to play PG because they know they're caught in b/w positions at the NBA level. With the team we should have in '14-15 on the wings and athletic bigs in Facey/Nolan/Brimah/whoever we sign in this class, a pass first PG would be my ideal fit, or at least someone with PG insticts like McLaughlin. I think Snider will be an option too if we miss on the west coast guys, but I could see him either staying local or going to Minn since he's comfortable with Pitino. Either way its still early, with coaching changes and decommits other options could emerge, plus who knows what happens with Boat, having a senior version of Boat starting in 14-15 would obviously be the best option.

Reaction Score
Watch out for Snider. I think we will be in it until the end.

Reaction Score
Yeap a pass first guy, and maybe a back up versatile forward. To replace Giffey.

Reaction Score
What are the chances we whiff on all of Perkins, McLaughlin, Abu, Robinson, and Chukwu?

If that happens, and Hamilton is our only stud recruit (not counting Purvis), would that be a disappointing sign for KO as a recruiter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom