Abdul Malik-Abu to NC State | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Abdul Malik-Abu to NC State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nothing against Facey; but ill take that action.
I think he's referring to height. You can't teach height. Facey though needs tolearn during his years at UConn. He could be a young Emeka... or not. As for Abu, unless he develops some small forward skills, he will go the way of Kevin Freeman. It's a matter of height. Not too many 6'6" power forwards in the NBA.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I think he's referring to height. You can't teach height. Facey though needs tolearn during his years at UConn. He could be a young Emeka... or not. As for Abu, unless he develops some small forward skills, he will go the way of Kevin Freeman. It's a matter of height. Not too many 6'6" power forwards in the NBA.

Jeff Adrien <3

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

Maybe he means it literally? Higher = taller

Reaction Score
Jeff Adrien <3

Two points. One, Adrien's draft experience would lose you the best. Two, Adrien has some bulk, Abu doesn't. One is a freight train, the other a gazelle.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Two points. One, Adrien's draft experience would lose you the best. Two, Adrien has some bulk, Abu doesn't. One is a freight train, the other a gazelle.

Contrary to popular belief, Jeff Adrien is actually Iron Man. Except he needs no suit of armor, just his fists and vicious knack for rebounding.

Reaction Score
Its pretty clear TO ME, that his AAU guy steered him to NCState b/c he had a vested ($$) interest in doing so. Absolutely no other loical or legitimate explanation.

UCONN, FLA, and PC (pains me to say it) would have been better choices and would all be understandable.

This foolish kid actually chose the 4th best solution out of the 4 available to him. It just boggles the mind that after all this time and supposed careful consideration, he actually chose the worst option available to him. Therefore, its CLEAR TO ME, that $$ had everything to do with his decision.

caw

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see what becomes of Boswell. There are some interesting rumors floating around out there.

I won't say NCSt was a horrid choice, but it was an interesting one.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see what becomes of Boswell. There are some interesting rumors floating around out there.

I won't say NCSt was a horrid choice, but it was an interesting one.

Don't tell me they hired the guy.

That never ends well for the player.

Reaction Score
seems like even the writers notice something isn't quite right, Kevin McNamara of the Providence Journal before the commit:

Then again, Providence is the local school (not UConn) that may win out in the end but this recruiting story smells a bit funny as it enters its final chapter.

http://www.providencejournal.com/sp...ars-hoping-for-good-recruit-news-saturday.ece

Yeah, he tweeted this earlier:
Kevin McNamara@KevinMcNamara33
@GoodmanESPN Lots of Mass kids grow up wanting to play for Cowboys + Wolfpack. What a joke.

CTBasketball

Reaction Score
Who really wants to play basketball for Oklahoma State?

Reaction Score
For people who cant handle a kid deciding to go to a different school than what you think is best for him, you should not follow recruiting or have kids who go to college.

Best of luck in the future Abu. NEXT.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
good luck to the kid

we'll win with whoever we get

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors