Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Can we please have our hat back ?? ;)

image.jpg

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Okay, we lost out on a player we wanted. He made a choice and now it's time to move on. Seems like a good kid. Good luck, Abdul!

Reaction Score
So funny coming from a team who's disgraced ex coach was blatantly cheating
I assume you're referring to our Hall of Fame, 3 time National Champion Coach who had 1 transgression in 45 years and has produced more pros than your school in its history. Go back into your hole you redneck troll.

Reaction Score
I assume you're referring to our Hall of Fame, 3 time National Champion Coach who had 1 transgression in 45 years and has produced more pros than your school in its history. Go back into your hole you redneck troll.

Caught twice 2011, 1995. And probably was cheating for the whole career. Kind of like saying UNC is clean because their bball team was never caught when everyone knows its the opposite

My school has plenty of pros

Reaction Score
I think it really shows how classy a fan base is when you see 4 pages panning a recruit for picking another school hoping he fails. Implying that the other school was cheating, etc

Reaction Score
Caught twice 2011, 1995. And probably was cheating for the whole career. Kind of like saying UNC is clean because their bball team was never caught when everyone knows its the opposite

Your school sux, plainly obvious, and I don't even know what your school is, but clearly any school you're affiliated with sux.

By the way, Calhoun never cheated either in 1995 nor in 2011. In 1995, Calhoun wasn't dinged for anything. In 2011, the guy who received benefits from an agent never played.

Reaction Score

Yeah our ex coach was really a disgrace to the University, thank god we got rid of him. I mean just imagine how much more successful this school would've been in the past 25 years if we didn't have him always holding us back. And the least he could've done was leave us with a good new coach but instead we're stuck with this screw up KO, I mean give me a break.

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Maybe he didnt want comp.
Maybe we're underestimating our young bigs (Nolan, Tolks, Facey, Brimah) what's up with that football kid, who plays bball?
Maybe it was the religion move? Out of all schools NC State is the only one in a major city.
Maybe he just felt comfortable there.

The one thing we do know, is this decision was not based on basketball (obviously)

Good luck Abu, bring on the Bonz

Reaction Score
I think it really shows how classy a fan base is when you see 4 pages panning a recruit for picking another school hoping he fails. Implying that the other school was cheating, etc

It happens on every board at every single school. Yours too.

Reaction Score

Yeah, but none of the ones from the past 40 years have been any good.

Enjoy the win today, though. Lord knows you don't get to do much of that during the actual season.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but none of the ones from the past 40 years have been any good.

Enjoy the win today, though. Lord knows you don't get to do much of that during the actual season.
Not an nc state fan so I could care less

Reaction Score

I think it shows the respect for you have for a superior program to feel you need to come over to see how we're doing.........thank you for your interest in a national champion program now it's time for you to go have a circle jerk with your friends while watching the only game tape you can......NC State and Phi Slamma Jamma!!;)

Reaction Score
But could you throw a dart against the NCAA rulebook and find a violation he had committed?

I believe that describes another former Big East program.

Reaction Score
Not an nc state fan so I could care less

oops sorry.....that makes it even more screwed up.....why do you care? And please do your homework about coaches and their history before you come here making an a** of yourself again okay Lar!!!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
No one is panning the recruit. People are mostly panning the choice because it doesn't appear to make sense from a basketball, academic or regional perspective. Apparently none of those things were given priority in his decision-making process.

I really don't care because I didn't put much stock in the kid--or any kid for that matter until he puts on our jersey. The only thing I didn't like was the sense that he was playing us just to increase the suspense surrounding his little event. I believe that we knew for some time--hence the offer to Colson; but I don't understand why we didn't just pull the offer ourselves rather than letting him use the cachet of our school to draw interest in the spectacle he so clearly wanted to make of himself.

Reaction Score
This bites... He was my guy! :(

I wish him luck, but still don't get the NC State decision. He could have been the an important piece on a team with National Championship potential. Now he's going to be on a borderline NCAA tournament team, year in & out.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I don't understand this. Gottfried took CJ Leslie, a cemented 1st round pick in 2012, and ruined his career and draft status to the point of not being drafted. He took Richard Howell, who had a decent shot at getting drafted, and had the best career statistically of any NCST big-man in over 15 years and he doesn't get drafted.

Both of them signed training camp deals for peanuts, but both of those players weren't expecting that when they signed that letter of intent to NCST. Luckily, Purvis saw the writing on the wall and jumped ship.

Reaction Score
Tough to slam a kid, but this makes no sense at all. Its like getting busted for a DUI at a well publicized checkpoint. I think the NCAA should host a 3 day symposium for AAU coaches and "handlers", teach them the risk/reward ratio for short term gains vs. long-term tenure. I do feel bad for so many of these misguided young men but thats on Abu now, not us. To any boneyarder, I will bet a beer at any UConn home game that Facey gets drafted higher.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Tough to slam a kid, but this makes no sense at all. Its like getting busted for a DUI at a well publicized checkpoint. I think the NCAA should host a 3 day symposium for AAU coaches and "handlers", teach them the risk/reward ratio for short term gains vs. long-term tenure. I do feel bad for so many of these misguided young men but thats on Abu now, not us. To any boneyarder, I will bet a beer at any UConn home game that Facey gets drafted higher.

Facey needs to get eligible first...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1